Author Topic: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia  (Read 177904 times)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2006, 02:02:38 PM »
I am signed to do the NOC and shall do so.I have a leg injury god knows how it hurts so i will press on get in shape(i hope) i am willing to give the PDI a shot.Why not? Didn't the IFBB start somewhere and Wayne was the reason it did so well.Look at the mess it is now. :P

NYC Rex

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2006, 02:15:17 PM »

And that's why the UFC is growing like crazy while the IFBB is pretty much going down the toilet.

Oops.

Just wondering, why exactly is it going down the toilet?  

There are 8 new IFBB pro shows this year, including Shawn Ray's, which has the 3rd biggest purse in bodybuilding and one in Spain at the world's premiere resort.  When was the last time there were that many new shows?  Maybe we fans should support them, instead of tearing them down and then saying I told you so if they don't come back next year.  

The Olympia prize money went up a whopping 40% last year to $560,000.  Sure, the Orleans hotel sucks (though the arena itself is at least as good as Mandalay Bay), but the money saved (that used to go to Wayne in a notoriously crooked deal) actually went back to the athletes with the biggest raise in bodybuiding history.  The purse wasn't going up when the profits filled Wayne's pockets.  Hopefully, it goes up more this year.  

Everyone always says the IFBB is going down, but where's the evidence?  If all you have is the Toronto show being cancelled or production problems with last year's O, that's weak.  Shit happens, but it seems to me the IFBB has never been stronger.  Maybe that's why guys aren't jumping and maybe that's why there's nothing specific behind the random crybaby complaints.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2006, 03:07:48 PM »
Maybe we fans should support them, instead of tearing them down...

Simple - the cost is too high for even hardcore fans to justify the expense of attending. 

The Olympia prize money went up a whopping 40% last year to $560,000.

That was a welcome change, true, but the distribution of 'wealth' (as it were) remained the same. 

Everyone always says the IFBB is going down, but where's the evidence?

From the time I was a little boy, I can remember seeing Muscle & Fitness and FLEX magazines on almost every newsstand in America.  I'm not sure how much you know about magazine distribution, but it takes a lot of money and power to get that type of newsstand coverage worldwide.

Yet, with that great a presence, the IFBB - which is synonymous with those 2 titles - has not made an effort in the past 20 years to market a single 'star'. 

There's obviously a reason for that, and it's my firm belief that that failure/refusal has directly limited the performers' earning capacity within the competitive side of this industry. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2006, 03:11:24 PM »
I am signed to do the NOC and shall do so.I have a leg injury god knows how it hurts so i will press on get in shape(i hope) i am willing to give the PDI a shot.Why not? Didn't the IFBB start somewhere and Wayne was the reason it did so well.Look at the mess it is now. :P

Then consider your competitive days over with.  As far as Adela is concerned, she took my advice very wisely and didn't risk her career as you have.  I'm sorry to hear about the breakup but you are partially responsible for not supporting her decision.  Not everyone wishes to commit career suicide. 

Folks, Chick is the IFBB Athlete's Rep but everyone seems to be upset at him not helping out Lee Priest when he has....on the IFBB side.  He's not his manager or accountant and if Lee decides to seek money elsewhere in a rival organization, that's his business but it isn't Chick's or anyone elses.

Getting back on subject, lets hear the radio show and see what Vince Taylor has to say.  The truth will come out and after the radio show, 240 and the rest of the PDI semi-pro's will clam up real quick. 

The nail in the coffin is coming soon for the PDI so I will warn any IFBB pros out there again.  Anyone who decides to compete in the PDI or any rival organization will be suspended for an undetermined amount of time.  Any top NPC competitor who competes may or may not be suspended however you never know these days how your placings would be affected if you compete in a PDI event and then compete in the NPC Nationals ???  Don't mess up your career folks.

This is not an official message from the IFBB.  I'm just a friend  passing along some advice I heard a few days ago.... ;D 
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2006, 03:12:15 PM »
Then consider your competitive days over with.  As far as Adela is concerned, she took my advice very wisely and didn't risk her career as you have.  I'm sorry to hear about the breakup but you are partially responsible for not supporting her decision.  Not everyone wishes to commit career suicide. 

Vince - You gave Adela advice?

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2006, 03:16:07 PM »
Lee what did you do to your leg?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2006, 03:16:14 PM »
Vince - You gave Adela advice?

Any discussion I have with someone is no-one's business, 240.  However I'm not sure where she got the idea about being blackballed from.....
A

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2006, 03:22:11 PM »
Bottom line the only person this is really hurting in Vince himself. Don't get me wrong the guy is a great poser and bodybuilder however his flip flopping is a desperate attempt at regaining exposure and make money. I can't blame the guy for wanting to make a buck but there is no need to flip flop. He used the Colorado Pro as his "comeback" show only to use it to get exposure. His intentions were to compete in the Arnold the entire time, then didn't get an invite so decided to go to Australian Pro. He goes on PBW and announces he is going to the PDI only to realize later he probably wouldn't get any more guest posings and any supplement contracts. Now that he sees he would make less by switching to the PDI he decides to go back to the IFBB.

The question is will Wayne do anything about his signed contract to do the NOC when he has every intention of not doing it now.

Elevate Your Image.™

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »
There are 8 new IFBB pro shows this year,

there were 9 men's pro shows last year, so far this year there have been 7 (including the Masters Pro).   The three European shows after the Olympia are on the schedule directly in reaction to the PDI.   

There were 13-14 men's shows a year during most of the previous 10 years.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2006, 03:26:24 PM »
Any discussion I have with someone is no-one's business, 240. 

yet you're more than willing to drop names here

and you wonder why people beat up on you

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2006, 03:27:40 PM »
Maybe advice on breast support. He must know a lot about that.
Bwahaha. Excellent one.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »

Tim, Vince is the epitome of an assclown. Don't waste your time.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2006, 03:33:02 PM »

Folks, Chick is the IFBB Athlete's Rep but everyone seems to be upset at him not helping out Lee Priest when he has....on the IFBB side.  He's not his manager or accountant and if Lee decides to seek money elsewhere in a rival organization, that's his business but it isn't Chick's or anyone elses.

Getting back on subject, lets hear the radio show and see what Vince Taylor has to say.  The truth will come out and after the radio show, 240 and the rest of the PDI semi-pro's will clam up real quick. 

The nail in the coffin is coming soon for the PDI so I will warn any IFBB pros out there again.  Anyone who decides to compete in the PDI or any rival organization will be suspended for an undetermined amount of time.  Any top NPC competitor who competes may or may not be suspended however you never know these days how your placings would be affected if you compete in a PDI event and then compete in the NPC Nationals ???  Don't mess up your career folks.

This is not an official message from the IFBB.  I'm just a friend  passing along some advice I heard a few days ago.... ;D 

No Vince i have supported Adela everytime in everything..The IFBB is making her choose not me.What advice did you give her.Come on you and your advice.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2006, 03:43:28 PM »

Why not? Why take a financial bath when you could be making 3-4 times the money, Lee?

I'm all about change, as you Know....and I've stated numerous times that I will be challenging the ruling of making appearances, etc. on non-sanctioned events..I believe this will benefit more athletes and open up the market for athletes to MAKE money...not spend more in contest preps.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2006, 03:45:45 PM »

Lee Priest brought up the fact that Adela broke up with him because she was afraid she was going to be blackballed.

She obviously listened to the advice given obviously given by everyone including myself.  No-one wants to commit career suicide. 

Now if I wanted to really drop names or info around here, I would tell you what Vince Taylor is going to say about that contract but you'll have to wait.  Just like everyone will have to wait to find out with GH15 really is.   

This is a discussion board so I'm discussing the issue.  Its not name dropping I'm doing. 

A

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2006, 03:47:44 PM »
lee stop being such a little bitch

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2006, 03:50:39 PM »
No Vince i have supported Adela everytime in everything..The IFBB is making her choose not me.What advice did you give her.Come on you and your advice.

Bullshit, you obviously were not thinking of her career when you joined the PDI.  You were only thinking about getting some easy money off some people who don't even belong on a pro stage.  You know good and well you'll win the NOC and that's why you're doing it for. 

You can blame the IFBB for your break-up but that's the lamest shit I've ever heard. 

P.S.  Sending a letter is the most effective way of getting a message across
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2006, 03:52:12 PM »
Come on folks, lets keep it clean and not say anything vulgar about Adela. 
A

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2006, 03:54:04 PM »

Lee & Adela, like any other couples, had their own reasonings as to whey they are no longer together. Adela not going to see Lee at the NOC two weeks before she is competing in the Fitness Olympia for the title was one issue - however, can you blame her either? This is one of the biggest shows for her, and to disrupt her training, diet, style, and mental focus two weeks before the show is not the smartest thing do to either. But that is a very small issue in relationships.

Vince's statement coming on the radio show in less than two hours...

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2006, 04:00:02 PM »
I just wanna chime in. I am a 18 year old track athlete, and we are allowed to compete in any federation we want and earn prize money, whether it is sanctioned by athletics canada, USTAF, or IAAF(there are many more) all the people who own them don't mind their athletes competeing in other federations.  the different organizations don't see each other as competitors and don't try to keep certain athletes under their control rather they let us compete all around the world in many different organizations, which helps promote our sport.  It is no coincidence that track and field is the 2nd most popular sport in the world.                                        

It just seems kind of pathetic that full grown men and women are told what they can and cannot pursure in  order to forward their careers.  Track athletes would never stand for it.  It is almost like the olympic committe banning athletes from competeing in the Pan Am or Common Wealth Games (all different promoters).  They all work together to forward sport rather then halt it's progress.  

Just my thoughts :)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2006, 04:03:53 PM »

Bullshit, you obviously were not thinking of her career when you joined the PDI.  You were only thinking about getting some easy money off some people who don't even belong on a pro stage.  You know good and well you'll win the NOC and that's why you're doing it for. 

You can blame the IFBB for your break-up but that's the lamest shit I've ever heard. 

P.S.  Sending a letter is the most effective way of getting a message across

Read again Vince if you can.I said it was a subject we had fights over.How me joining the PDI affect her she is still in the IFBB .Are you saying that me joining the PDI the IFBB would hold that against her.What type of organization would do that?Getting easy money if i wanted that like Bob said i could just do the Olympia and make alot more.It aint about the money.It's about change and doing something different you MORON god you make it so easy to pick on but i will not.I will control myself :)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2006, 04:04:53 PM »
Track athletes would never stand for it.

the difference is that the IFBB is not a sports federation, but a privately held corporation

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2006, 04:08:33 PM »
I just wanna chime in. I am a 18 year old track athlete, and we are allowed to compete in any federation we want and earn prize money, whether it is sanctioned by athletics canada, USTAF, or IAAF(there are many more) all the people who own them don't mind their athletes competeing in other federations.  the different organizations don't see each other as competitors and don't try to keep certain athletes under their control rather they let us compete all around the world in many different organizations, which helps promote our sport.  It is no coincidence that track and field is the 2nd most popular sport in the world.                                        

It just seems kind of pathetic that full grown men and women are told what they can and cannot pursure in  order to forward their careers.  Track athletes would never stand for it.  It is almost like the olympic committe banning athletes from competeing in the Pan Am or Common Wealth Games (all different promoters).  They all work together to forward sport rather then halt it's progress.  

Just my thoughts :)

Very good post.The IFBB needs to take a look at this one.Yeah full grown can you beleive it? and this is how they act.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #223 on: July 17, 2006, 04:09:32 PM »
This is a discussion board so I'm discussing the issue.  Its not name dropping I'm doing. 

"she took my advice", but "any discussion I had with her is no one's business"

too bad SMF doesn't have kill files

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #224 on: July 17, 2006, 04:12:36 PM »
Read again Vince if you can.I said it was a subject we had fights over.How me joining the PDI affect her she is still in the IFBB .Are you saying that me joining the PDI the IFBB would hold that against her.What type of organization would do that?Getting easy money if i wanted that like Bob said i could just do the Olympia and make alot more.It aint about the money.It's about change and doing something different you MORON god you make it so easy to pick on but i will not.I will control myself :)

Ok, I won't bring up your personal business again because it really isn't none of my business.

However you're stating that you're competing for change and to do something different.

Lets see:

Lee Priest
VS
Vince Galanti
Jack "Rhino" London

And some other no namers.

Competition is about competition.  You should be competing against your equal rivals.  Vince and Rhino are great bodybuilders but they are not your equals.

Its not a fair fight and you know it, Lee.  That's not change, that's a beatdown. 

A