Author Topic: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia  (Read 178243 times)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« Reply #550 on: July 25, 2006, 08:22:59 PM »
Maybe the "quick fix" for a $1 is not such a great idea at the end of the day for the athletes. Everyone has to look ahead not just the today.

I personally thought Wayne would have created more PR about the NOC and I don't mean PR as in Getbig or internet "radio" shows. I mean marketing dollars like he used to. He knows how do to it and he has done it for years ...spending the dollars..maybe that's what's missing...the support. I do believe if Wayne makes it past this year with 3 shows the PDI will be a strong force withn 3 years...every beginning has it's problems.

I am sure he would get more support if the IFBB would stop threatening people and companies that whish to sponsor the show.How do i know this i will let you know later about the tatics of the IFBB from the horses mouth not rumor or bullshit what was told to me from the people involved.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #551 on: July 25, 2006, 08:23:48 PM »
it's rendered irrelevant by the very fact were talking about being allowed to compete in an organization that has yet to exist...

Fair enough.

If the NOC takes place as planned, establishing proof of an organization to you, will you then petition the IFBB to allow guys to compete in all PDI events occurring AFTER Sept 16, 2006?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #552 on: July 25, 2006, 08:25:15 PM »
I am sure he would get more support if the IFBB would stop threatening people and companies that whish to sponsor the show.

How the hell can IFBB threaten companies?  The companies support the IFBB's ass, not the other way around.
Ron: "I am lazy."

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #553 on: July 25, 2006, 08:25:56 PM »
that arugment is rendered irrelevant by the very fact that most IFBB guys do take a loss when competing.  There are an average of what, 20 men per contest, and the top 6 are in the money, unless its an invitational?    Only the top 3 break even unless its the O or the ASC. 

Have you submitted legislation demanding every athlete receive at least 5000-7500 for competing in every IFBB show?

It's a business...if each individual chooses to lose money so be it. It all goes back to everyone sticking together. If no one competes then we will see a raise in prize money.
JM

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #554 on: July 25, 2006, 08:27:46 PM »
Ah yes Chick, comfortably numb on this one aren't we eh?

Moral, business ethics the top priority when Lee Priest pulled out of the olympia

When it comes to "the company" though, hah free reign! more power to him!

As I've said before, rarely do I think much of the criticism levelled at you is justified but in this case you're absolutely guilty as charged :)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #555 on: July 25, 2006, 08:27:53 PM »
it's rendered irrelevant by the very fact were talking about being allowed to compete in an organization that has yet to exist...

I completely agree with you about the phantasmal status of the PDI. But I think this weakens your argument. What if a majority of pros wanted to petition for the contractual right to compete in other federations should the opportunity arise - just as a matter of principle? [Yeah, I'm not betting on it either - but it wouldn't violate the laws of physics at least.] I don't think you'd decline to present their position just because there was not yet another federation for them to compete in.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: July 25, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »
why should the IFBB allow their members to compete elsewhere?

wayne is only saying the PDI guys can still compete in the ifbb because he HAS to... he isn't yet in a position of power... you think if the pdi takes off and the ifbb is on it's last legs he'll be allowing pdi guys to help save the ifbb from oblivion? no way

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #557 on: July 25, 2006, 08:52:23 PM »
why should the IFBB allow their members to compete elsewhere?

Because the IFBB isn't paying them, so they shouldn't be able to DISallow them from doing anything anywhere other than on an IFBB stage.  Once they walk out the venue door, and the IFBB shouldn't be allowed to tell them shit.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #558 on: July 25, 2006, 09:04:23 PM »
Because the IFBB isn't paying them, so they shouldn't be able to DISallow them from doing anything anywhere other than on an IFBB stage.  Once they walk out the venue door, and the IFBB shouldn't be allowed to tell them shit.
i'm not saying they are just in doing this but why would they change their position in a million years?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: July 25, 2006, 09:05:39 PM »
i'm not saying they are just in doing this but why would they change their position in a million years?

Well, we'll never know, since the athlete's rep won't even put the issue on the table.  ;)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #560 on: July 25, 2006, 09:33:06 PM »
Fair enough.

If the NOC takes place as planned, establishing proof of an organization to you, will you then petition the IFBB to allow guys to compete in all PDI events occurring AFTER Sept 16, 2006?

No....

1 show doesn't make an "organization" or a federation...I'm sure a track record would have to be established before more athletes would be willing to take a stance on having the rules challenged.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #561 on: July 25, 2006, 09:36:38 PM »
Ah yes Chick, comfortably numb on this one aren't we eh?

Moral, business ethics the top priority when Lee Priest pulled out of the olympia

When it comes to "the company" though, hah free reign! more power to him!

As I've said before, rarely do I think much of the criticism levelled at you is justified but in this case you're absolutely guilty as charged :)

Lee decided to pul out of the Olympia contract last year for one person and one person only...LEE.

Moral and business ethics my ass....he's agreed to sign the SAME contract this year.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #562 on: July 25, 2006, 10:16:22 PM »
I don't know why so much emphasis on the advertising for the NOC.  It's just under 2 months away.  Ticket sales are going very very strong.  I bet their are more NOC tickets sold so far than Olympia tickets.  Plus, Flex or M&F will not allow Wayne to advertise in the mags.  Blechman is though.  And when he takes over the mag business, PDI's position will be multiplied by a thousand.  Since Vince has announced not doing the NOC not one phone call or email or anything to Wayne has asked for a refund because Vince isn't going to be there.  And like I said, anyone who knows people in the IFBB, check out who is in the audience.  That will tell you who and what kind of support Wayne has.  You will be surprised.  And the tickets have already been bought as has the airfare.  So keep your eyes open and come back here the day after and tell everyone.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #563 on: July 25, 2006, 10:33:07 PM »
I don't know why so much emphasis on the advertising for the NOC.  It's just under 2 months away.  Ticket sales are going very very strong.  I bet their are more NOC tickets sold so far than Olympia tickets.  Plus, Flex or M&F will not allow Wayne to advertise in the mags.  Blechman is though.  And when he takes over the mag business, PDI's position will be multiplied by a thousand.  Since Vince has announced not doing the NOC not one phone call or email or anything to Wayne has asked for a refund because Vince isn't going to be there.  And like I said, anyone who knows people in the IFBB, check out who is in the audience.  That will tell you who and what kind of support Wayne has.  You will be surprised.  And the tickets have already been bought as has the airfare.  So keep your eyes open and come back here the day after and tell everyone.

I love the unbridled optimism when it comes to he PDI. Like it's going to take off like a rocket just because you guys want it to. my prediction : NOC then bye bye

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: July 25, 2006, 10:36:36 PM »
I love the unbridled optimism when it comes to he PDI. Like it's going to take off like a rocket just because you guys want it to. my prediction : NOC then bye bye

I hear after the NOC it will be merging with the WPI!   ;D

Word is, Wayne has flown to Vegas to conduct merger negotiations with Craig over one of those phone-things they have in prison visiting rooms.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #565 on: July 25, 2006, 11:26:22 PM »

how much is PDI paying you to say this?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #566 on: July 26, 2006, 12:28:42 AM »
Lee decided to pul out of the Olympia contract last year for one person and one person only...LEE.

Moral and business ethics my ass....he's agreed to sign the SAME contract this year.

You misunderstand me,

You were the one touting the ethics to Lee, I'm pointing out that 1 year ago you were a tower of moral fibre, a credit to your proud mum.  No way should Lee have signed that contract and then pulled out.  Its just not right!

Then when its convenient (when it goes in the IFBB's favour) all that nonsense is forgotten.

So if we are to question Lee's motives and lack of ethics clearly you would be in the same boat. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #567 on: July 26, 2006, 12:36:04 AM »
You misunderstand me,

You were the one touting the ethics to Lee, I'm pointing out that 1 year ago you were a tower of moral fibre, a credit to your proud mum.  No way should Lee have signed that contract and then pulled out.  Its just not right!

Then when its convenient (when it goes in the IFBB's favour) all that nonsense is forgotten.

So if we are to question Lee's motives and lack of ethics clearly you would be in the same boat. 

Why do you bother? Everyone can see it. He's not going to admit that there is a double standard.........
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #568 on: July 26, 2006, 12:53:28 AM »
Vince will have his hands full at the Olympia...there is plenty of talent.

Lets wish him the best and see what happens.

"Talent"..............HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA!

"Athletes" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #569 on: July 26, 2006, 01:37:09 AM »

Lets bet on it.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #570 on: July 26, 2006, 01:41:08 AM »
how much is PDI paying you to say this?

As much as a competitor in the Mr. Olympia that doesn't place in the top ten. :D  Thats with no steroids, no synthol, no training, no dieting, and no ass kissing.  Why does advertising a show make it successful.  The Colorado Pro was a financial nightmare and look how much advertising they did.  The NOC is close to being a sellout without much advertising so what does that tell you.  Why is the hell woudl Wayne blow money on advertising months out when ticket sales and going great.  I don't understand this.  Just to do it.  The NOC has been the biggest topic on this board and some others for months.  It cost nothing.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #571 on: July 26, 2006, 05:54:09 AM »

-

Yeah for the fans only nothing else.And if i was to be in the money they can keep it.After all they will need it for next years Mr O

gatrainer

• Getbig III
« Reply #572 on: July 26, 2006, 06:03:35 AM »
As much as a competitor in the Mr. Olympia that doesn't place in the top ten. :D  Thats with no steroids, no synthol, no training, no dieting, and no ass kissing.  Why does advertising a show make it successful.  The Colorado Pro was a financial nightmare and look how much advertising they did.  The NOC is close to being a sellout without much advertising so what does that tell you.  Why is the hell woudl Wayne blow money on advertising months out when ticket sales and going great.  I don't understand this.  Just to do it.  The NOC has been the biggest topic on this board and some others for months.  It cost nothing.
I wonder how many people from this board are actually going

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #573 on: July 26, 2006, 07:39:34 AM »
I wonder how many people from this board are actually going

lets just say more people will attend chick athletes meeting than the noc

hope this helps

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #574 on: July 26, 2006, 07:50:00 AM »
lets just say more people will attend chick athletes meeting than the noc

hope this helps

Umm..wrong...6 ppl last year and quite alot more than you think for the NOC....