Author Topic: According to Ironage Rory Leidermayer is making a comeback  (Read 14329 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: According to Ironage Rory Leidermayer is making a comeback
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2006, 08:12:02 PM »
I read about Rory Leidelmayer in Bob Paris' Gorilla Suit. He offered Paris a job personal training at his gym and in return would train Bob for his upcoming contests. He turned both himself and Paris into fat f*cks and because of that they didn't place well that the time because they couldn't get their condition dialed in. Bob's best career move was to ditch Rory's advice. Goooood book!
Was this supposed to be pre 1983 or after?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2006, 08:46:29 PM »
This was just decided last night according to Iabadman, Joe. I know that you know him too. I haven't talked to Rory about it yet but plan to this week.

Max, didn't you train with Rory?
The House that Ruth built

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2006, 10:31:38 PM »
Max, didn't you train with Rory?

Not exactly. He coached my training for a year. We'd meet at Gold's Venice about once a month. He'd review my training logs and diet and them send me a new program. He helped me fina;;y get that balanced aesthetic look that I was after (at least as much as my genetics would allow). But I got injured (thanks Ray Mentzer) before I could get in contest or photo shape and it ended my serious training.
and keep moving!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2006, 10:34:08 PM »
Yes, Rory is making a comeback! I spoke to him on the phone yesterday and I will be handling his contest prep. I am more impressed with him as a person than a bodybuilder so this should give you an idea of what type of man he is.

Disgusted i hear good things about you as a prep guy. Iababman speaks highly of you and I have a huge amount of respect for his opinion. I just hope Rory plays it safe for his health's sake.
and keep moving!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2006, 10:45:39 PM »
I tried contacted Rory today at the gym and his house...he returned my call but was with a client..tried him back but know answer!!

Disgusted...are you aware of Rory's past health problems??

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 02:46:21 PM »
I tried contacted Rory today at the gym and his house...he returned my call but was with a client..tried him back but know answer!!

Disgusted...are you aware of Rory's past health problems??

We talked about it. Are you aware what they where? PM me if we like as I do not want to discuss it on the board.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 04:23:01 PM »
since some of you seen him train was his poundages outstanding?my buddy said rory was bent rowing with 505 with ease,any of you see some of his lifts like bench or shoulder presses?
R

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2006, 04:25:01 PM »
since some of you seen him train was his poundages outstanding?my buddy said rory was bent rowing with 505 with ease,any of you see some of his lifts like bench or shoulder presses?
bullshit.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006, 04:33:11 PM »
Those were two physiques that kind of remind you of Steve Reeves build. Thats what bodybuilding should strive for. Anybody who says guys like Cutler or Ronnie or Ruhl are built anywhere near as good as Rory or Paris are nuts.

Agree 100%

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 04:56:10 PM »

I never heard 505, I heard 405. With ease? Rory pushed himself always and really pushed us all to use heavy weight for shaping movements as well as the basics.  You never reported to Rory that you did 225 or 275 or 315  for presses and 30 pounds for  laterals. Rory wanted guys using 70 pounds plus for laterals. He used over 100 pounds for those. Obviously you don't start upping the weight like that with real strict form. But it's not an all out cheat with nothing that resembles the movement. I can't speak for his max lifts. I wasn't there to witness them. 
and keep moving!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 07:08:37 PM »
I never heard 505, I heard 405. With ease? Rory pushed himself always and really pushed us all to use heavy weight for shaping movements as well as the basics.  You never reported to Rory that you did 225 or 275 or 315  for presses and 30 pounds for  laterals. Rory wanted guys using 70 pounds plus for laterals. He used over 100 pounds for those. Obviously you don't start upping the weight like that with real strict form. But it's not an all out cheat with nothing that resembles the movement. I can't speak for his max lifts. I wasn't there to witness them. 

100lb lateral raises is awesome,rory was a huge guy with great shape
R

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 07:11:25 PM »
In the end it doesn't matter what rory's strength levels were. The main point is the quality of his physique and the shape it had...

Max, what show is he looking to come back at?

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 07:28:25 PM »
In the end it doesn't matter what rory's strength levels were. The main point is the quality of his physique and the shape it had...

In 1983 and 1984 I had the opportunity to occasionally train with Rory and I can honestly tell you he was one of the strongest BB's I have ever seen. I saw Rory train through various training styles depending on the time of year and what he wanted to accomplish from doing sets of 100 reps to 4-8 reps.  I have watched Rory do side laterals with 90lb dDBs one arm, 455lb incline BB press, Bent over BB rows 455lbs, BB shoulder press 315 plus. I also taped (duct tape) Rory’s hands to the pull down bar while he worked to get 100 reps on the lat pull down when he was doing his sets of 100 training.

Rory would get his weight as high as ~275 in the off season and then come down to the low 200s for a contest. There was a barbeque in the back outside the gym we trained at. Right after training Rory and the rest of use would have steaks grilling. Why, because Rory did it.

As stated by jwb “In the end it doesn't matter what Rory's strength levels were. The main point is the quality of his physique”. And when in shape Rory was awesome for his time..

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006, 08:03:42 PM »
Was this supposed to be pre 1983 or after?

Pre...
~

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »
Wayne Gallasch got some good posing footage of Rory in his prime.  Here it is.

http://www.gmv.com.au/default.asp?pageid=products&template=PRODUCTCAT&catid=30&prodid=1159&site=1

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2006, 09:22:13 PM »
Pre...
Interesting tidbit. A guy like paris definitely wasn't suited to bulking. He tried to do the whole parillo thing (mct oil, mega calories) in 90 and looked like shit. Once he returned to his shape training and moderate food he came back and did well at the 91 montreal that robby won (I think maybe even chris aceto helped him for that but could be wrong...) 

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2006, 12:25:47 AM »

I haven't talked to him yet but according to my freind who's helping him (simply because he has always been a fan and he has the means), this is going to be an attempt to finally get a Pro card through Masters competition. If that's true then he'll have to requalify all the way through starting with some local show and going through the National qualifiers.
and keep moving!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 12:28:59 AM »
I haven't talked to him yet but according to my freind who's helping him (simply because he has always been a fan and he has the means), this is going to be an attempt to finally get a Pro card through Masters competition. If that's true then he'll have to requalify all the way through starting with some local show and going through the National qualifiers.
sweet... well wish him the very best when you talk/see him...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2006, 12:35:46 AM »

I'm pretty sure, but not positive that you do not have to qualify for the Masters Nationals. I know you don't for the Teen Nationals that is held with it.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2006, 12:37:12 AM »
In 1983 and 1984 I had the opportunity to occasionally train with Rory and I can honestly tell you he was one of the strongest BB's I have ever seen. I saw Rory train through various training styles depending on the time of year and what he wanted to accomplish from doing sets of 100 reps to 4-8 reps.  I have watched Rory do side laterals with 90lb dDBs one arm, 455lb incline BB press, Bent over BB rows 455lbs, BB shoulder press 315 plus. I also taped (duct tape) Rory’s hands to the pull down bar while he worked to get 100 reps on the lat pull down when he was doing his sets of 100 training.

Rory would get his weight as high as ~275 in the off season and then come down to the low 200s for a contest. There was a barbeque in the back outside the gym we trained at. Right after training Rory and the rest of use would have steaks grilling. Why, because Rory did it.

As stated by jwb “In the end it doesn't matter what Rory's strength levels were. The main point is the quality of his physique”. And when in shape Rory was awesome for his time..

pkaz... was that Astro Gym or Uptown Gym? I used to work at a nightclub in Whittier, right around the corner from Uptown Gym. The time frame you mentioned was about the same time Rory was coaching me. I'm starting to think we've crossed paths. Everything you've said about Rory's poundages is what I remember hearing back then. I witnessed some of it but not all.
and keep moving!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2006, 12:38:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure, but not positive that you do not have to qualify for the Masters Nationals. I know you don't for the Teen Nationals that is held with it.

You can just enter the Masters Nationals cold? Well better for Rory. 
and keep moving!

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2006, 03:27:45 AM »
There is a thread over on ProMuscle where Iabadman, is talking about this subject and is looking for protein  companies to back Rory's training.

I wonder if Ron, Vinny or another board member involved in that business would be able to help?

The Beef

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2006, 04:21:01 AM »
There is a thread over on ProMuscle where Iabadman, is talking about this subject and is looking for protein  companies to back Rory's training.

I wonder if Ron, Vinny or another board member involved in that business would be able to help?

The Beef

how old is Rory these days?
nasser=piece of shit

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2006, 07:00:13 AM »
I think he's like 50 . . .

What about getting Rory on ProBodybuildingWeekly?

The Beef

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2006, 07:14:58 AM »
pkaz... was that Astro Gym or Uptown Gym? I used to work at a nightclub in Whittier, right around the corner from Uptown Gym. The time frame you mentioned was about the same time Rory was coaching me. I'm starting to think we've crossed paths. Everything you've said about Rory's poundages is what I remember hearing back then. I witnessed some of it but not all.

Neither. It was a gym called "Flex-it-Gym" in Fullerton... Whatever you heard about his training style from very heavy to 100s was true.