Author Topic: According to Ironage Rory Leidermayer is making a comeback  (Read 14331 times)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Re: According to Ironage Rory Leidermayer is making a comeback
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2006, 04:19:01 AM »
MONSTER opinion!

I said in the original thread that they were standing leg kick (push) presses. And it was still VERY impressive.

Nice to know how many people need reading courses. 

Really?  Can you provide a link to an unedited post to verify your statement?
w

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2006, 10:14:08 AM »
Really?  Can you provide a link to an unedited post to verify your statement?

Yes Chris, I'll spend hours searching through all my posts form like two years ago.  ::)
and keep moving!

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »
Rory was & is a bodybuilder.  He is not a powerlifter.  No one really cares what bodybuilders lift.  What matters is what they look like. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2006, 10:33:44 AM »
Rory was & is a bodybuilder.  He is not a powerlifter.  No one really cares what bodybuilders lift.  What matters is what they look like. 

Exactly!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2006, 10:37:32 AM »
what would he gain from competing again?

iabadman2

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2006, 12:56:19 PM »
      Wow.........now I am a fake internet stalker looking to ride Rory's coat tails...lol.......First of all , the lifts I stated for Rory, were straight from his mouth ........Have I seen them , hell no , do I have a reason not to believe them ? No ,I do not .I struck up a friendship with Rory, because Max Rep  was kind enough to put us together acouple of years ago  [ Rory was in the first mag I ever bought when I was ten , and I wanted to work with him,I am very thankful to Intenseone and max rep for their help ,they are class guys  ]  During that time Rory and I became pretty close and he confided in me more than probally most people in his life .He really earned my respect as  a person .  So why am I choosing to help with my own money ,time , and connects ? Simple, because he needs me . He needs to finish what he started in bbing to be able to not have any regrets or bitterness about something he dedicated his life to and got very little back .........Is this comeback going to be amazing and bring him wealth /frame? Probally not.........but will he go out with a good team behind him, as well the possibility of some new doors opening for he and his family ? God , I sure hope so .[ My goal is just to help the guy be happier and more successful]   I like Rory alot , he is quality people , but he needs this in his life right now............Was he as strong as he sayes ?I have no reason to think that he wasn't [ George Gibson[ he worked for me as a bouncer at my club a couple years ago]   that competed in world's strongest man competition in the late 70s .......saw him do the super set of 4-5 reps with 495 on the bench and then step  up and bent row it ........and guys , he isn't the type to lie about it]

As for me ? Like I told Chris [ aka Lewis ] ......Who am I ? Does it matter ? [ i like my privacy .....i even use ip's that aren't my own for this reason.....too many vendictive pricks on the net for my taste so i am careful]   Besides like I said , I was a never was been . I got busted in a large steroid bust over 10 yrs ago [ Oh yeah , i didn't nark unlike 99 % people in the sport ,I took responsibilty for what i did , and learned my lesson and moved on with my life .....]......and injuries kind of ruined my past sports endevors [but I been around some high levels in several endevers , but in the end,I just  didn't have the genetics to stay healthy and perform  with the best ].......So fellas , until  I  prove something ,like i told Chris ........go ahead doubt me  ,  talk shit , and whatever ,but just understand  I was away from lifting for nearly 6 yrs . The  last 4, I have endured some  very hard times ,so it has been hard to really put some good healthy training together . but I assure you, if life , and  my body permit's it , I will do a raw meet in late 07 and do what I said .[ And Chris , If I haven't contacted you by let's say oct of 07 to invite you to said meet at my expense , then by all means call my ass out on this.........talk shit and do whatever , but until then ....I won't say a word about myself ever again and will keep everything i post in the future completely about Rory and not his unproven lifts ........Deal ?   ] I am doing this thing with Rory only to help a man that I deem helpable .......If that makes me crazy , unstable , or pathetic in you or  mr. Thomson's eyes then so be it..........all I ask is respect toward Rory and his family .And some time for me to get back totally healthy as well .In order to get some good solid heavy training back under my belt to back up my claims about myself.[ like I said I agree to not open my mouth again ,until i can step up and show what I can do ]
      Mr. Mason and Thomson........i respect you guys even though you obvisously have no respect for me [ and until I prove something ,I  guess understand ].......Mason you are a pretty strong guy , you use great form on all of your lifts , and  you know your stuff. Mr.Thomson you too ......seem to have been around and have a ton of knowledge .............Like  I said , please just keep this about Rory and let it remain postive........I have nothing to gain from helping this man .......so give me a  break ,let me work hard and show you that like Mr. Mason I am the real deal when it comes to my claims........deal fellas?

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2006, 02:04:11 PM »
This iabadman fellow is the one who claims to ready to break all the world records in raw lifting next year. And he is Rory's best friend.
Does anyone (Max_Rep?) know iabadman personally, I mean have you met him in the flesh?

I know him personally AND in the flesh. He could of been a great bodybuilder in the Bob Paris mold (but larger) if fate and destiny could of been more kind with injuries and other aspects. He also is a great fighter of note who has sparred and trained next to "who's who in the MMA fighting game" .......and is not very liked in a certain camp for knocking "a certain fighter who is generally believed to be unbeatable" onto his ass with a missile of a punch that rocked him into last week. This is a good freind of mine and I will personally vouch for him and anything he says. Unlike half the people on these boards who bullshit till the cows come home, this isnt one of them.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2006, 02:07:58 PM »
I know him personally AND in the flesh. He could of been a great bodybuilder in the Bob Paris mold (but larger) if fate and destiny could of been more kind with injuries and other aspects. He also is a great fighter of note who has sparred and trained next to "who's who in the MMA fighting game" .......and is not very liked in a certain camp for knocking "a certain fighter who is generally believed to be unbeatable" onto his ass with a missile of a punch that rocked him into last week. This is a good freind of mine and I will personally vouch for him and anything he says. Unlike half the people on these boards who bullshit till the cows come home, this isnt one of them.
ok Dante don't you have some Smith Machine partials to do or something, hahahaha, don't forget to stretch your triceps with a 200lb. dumbell. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2006, 02:14:44 PM »
Trained with Rory in 1982-83 at the Clancy Ross Mr. America Club, in Walnut Creek, Ca. Saw him train frequently at Golds's Venice in 1995-1996. Rory is very strong. Nice guy. At one time, he was eating eight (8) pounds of ground beef per day. True story.

That is all.
a

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »
ok Dante don't you have some Smith Machine partials to do or something, hahahaha, don't forget to stretch your triceps with a 200lb. dumbell. ::)

lol give the guy a break! ;D

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2006, 02:17:26 PM »
      Wow.........now I am a fake internet stalker looking to ride Rory's coat tails...lol.......First of all , the lifts I stated for Rory, were straight from his mouth ........Have I seen them , hell no , do I have a reason not to believe them ? No ,I do not .I struck up a friendship with Rory, because Max Rep  was kind enough to put us together acouple of years ago  [ Rory was in the first mag I ever bought when I was ten , and I wanted to work with him,I am very thankful to Intenseone and max rep for their help ,they are class guys  ]  During that time Rory and I became pretty close and he confided in me more than probally most people in his life .He really earned my respect as  a person .  So why am I choosing to help with my own money ,time , and connects ? Simple, because he needs me . He needs to finish what he started in bbing to be able to not have any regrets or bitterness about something he dedicated his life to and got very little back .........Is this comeback going to be amazing and bring him wealth /frame? Probally not.........but will he go out with a good team behind him, as well the possibility of some new doors opening for he and his family ? God , I sure hope so .[ My goal is just to help the guy be happier and more successful]   I like Rory alot , he is quality people , but he needs this in his life right now............Was he as strong as he sayes ?I have no reason to think that he wasn't [ George Gibson[ he worked for me as a bouncer at my club a couple years ago]   that competed in world's strongest man competition in the late 70s .......saw him do the super set of 4-5 reps with 495 on the bench and then step  up and bent row it ........and guys , he isn't the type to lie about it]

As for me ? Like I told Chris [ aka Lewis ] ......Who am I ? Does it matter ? [ i like my privacy .....i even use ip's that aren't my own for this reason.....too many vendictive pricks on the net for my taste so i am careful]   Besides like I said , I was a never was been . I got busted in a large steroid bust over 10 yrs ago [ Oh yeah , i didn't nark unlike 99 % people in the sport ,I took responsibilty for what i did , and learned my lesson and moved on with my life .....]......and injuries kind of ruined my past sports endevors [but I been around some high levels in several endevers , but in the end,I just  didn't have the genetics to stay healthy and perform  with the best ].......So fellas , until  I  prove something ,like i told Chris ........go ahead doubt me  ,  talk shit , and whatever ,but just understand  I was away from lifting for nearly 6 yrs . The  last 4, I have endured some  very hard times ,so it has been hard to really put some good healthy training together . but I assure you, if life , and  my body permit's it , I will do a raw meet in late 07 and do what I said .[ And Chris , If I haven't contacted you by let's say oct of 07 to invite you to said meet at my expense , then by all means call my ass out on this.........talk shit and do whatever , but until then ....I won't say a word about myself ever again and will keep everything i post in the future completely about Rory and not his unproven lifts ........Deal ?   ] I am doing this thing with Rory only to help a man that I deem helpable .......If that makes me crazy , unstable , or pathetic in you or  mr. Thomson's eyes then so be it..........all I ask is respect toward Rory and his family .And some time for me to get back totally healthy as well .In order to get some good solid heavy training back under my belt to back up my claims about myself.[ like I said I agree to not open my mouth again ,until i can step up and show what I can do ]
      Mr. Mason and Thomson........i respect you guys even though you obvisously have no respect for me [ and until I prove something ,I  guess understand ].......Mason you are a pretty strong guy , you use great form on all of your lifts , and  you know your stuff. Mr.Thomson you too ......seem to have been around and have a ton of knowledge .............Like  I said , please just keep this about Rory and let it remain postive........I have nothing to gain from helping this man .......so give me a  break ,let me work hard and show you that like Mr. Mason I am the real deal when it comes to my claims........deal fellas?

Here is the deal, the real deal.  I never said you were lying, I said I did not believe the claim made on your part for Rory.  If Rory made the claim to you and you believe him them so be it.  I do NOT believe him but I also said it is NOT an impossibility just HIGHLY improbable.

As to your claims I am dubious but you may be capable of them.  I like Dante and think he is a straight shooter so if he vouches for you that lends a lot of credence to your claim.

So, no need for you to pay my expenses when and if you are ready to compete but I will be more than happy to attend as I like to see a strong lifter ANY time so feel free to contact me when the time comes.

Last, don't confuse me with my sponsored lifter Chris "Ox" Mason.  He and I are 2 different people we just happen to share the same name.  

Frankly, the thing that burned me more about the whole deal is how some of the twits at Ironage handled it not your claims or responses.

w

iabadman2

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2006, 02:19:45 PM »
  Jimmy ...thanks for your class reply ,and i will keep up my end of the bargin until I can step up and back up my claims[until then I will shut my trap about me or Rory's strength claims].......As far as why Rory  needs my help? .......That would  be for him to say as I  respect him , and  it is not my place to share why he he needs my help .  All I can say is that I really like the man and i could care less so much about the bber he was or is .......i just want to help him be happy and more successful as his friend and that is all..........I have nothing to gain and want nothing in return .  The sponsers that I have set up for him are with good people that I actually know , care about , and trust . I feel the relationship between their respective companies and Rory will be mutually benificial to both parties involved ,so that is why i helped put them  together.........thanks again Jimmy .......all my best  to you and your family .......and time will tell if I am legit or not  .....I promise I will hold the up  deal i made to you and hopefully Chris will agree as well ..........Oh yeah , Rory does or did not have cancer........he had a beniegh tumor [ sp? sorry i am retarded.....lol]  in his shoulder  that was treated with some radiation several years back ........it still puts some pressure on the nerve , so he has to train around it and can't bench anymore..........his Dr and wife  have given  him the green light otherwise I wouldn't be part of this ........because like I said , actually really care about the guy..............

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2006, 02:33:31 PM »
Yes Chris, I'll spend hours searching through all my posts form like two years ago.  ::)

Why act like that?  YOU are the one that brought it up to make some negative point about ME.
w

iabadman2

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2006, 02:43:12 PM »
    Dante ....thanks for the support my friend .I appreciate it. But like we both agreed ,the past means nothing . The future is ahead and is all that matters , but you know i am quite confindent that I can do the numbers i have stated and i plan on backing them up .........It amazes me that people can treat you so poorly on boards ,when all you have done  is just be honest with people and try to help people reach their goals.......I cant wait to get a full year back into hard training with no distractions[ like all the deaths , injuries , finanaial BS I have endured the last few years ]  Rory was why I started , but bro, you are why I got big and strong , you  are why I did it  with class and integrity [ even when i was completely retarded for my involvement with juice .....against all your advice ...i still tried to be honest and solid because your example]  .....I am very thankful of all that you taught me, not just about bbing , but about life.........you are just an unbelievable person and the fact that some of these guys just don't see that is really sad to me .......thanks for backing me up .......but the future is bright and I can back up all i have said, so time will tell[I made my bed , so i will lie in it ]..............True Protein and Rory are going to be a great team for the simple fact that  you both are top notch people in character ,with nothing but integrity and class.............the next year is going to interesting  .......after what i have been through .....time to have alittle fun.............much love bro ....your the best !!!!     The haters here are really missing out...........too bad ,because you really do have so much  to share and not just about bbing[ you have been such a positive person in my life and taught me so much ] ........

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »
Chris I dont know if you remember, but I think you probably do.... Jason Muellar of Anabolic Extreme and some of his past articles about the extreme lifting poundages he and especially his incredibly strong training partner "the wop" would use

Iamabadman is "the wop"

iabadman2

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2006, 02:54:03 PM »
    Chris ....thanks for your class reply as well............I  appreciate it more than you know........I will not back out [and I will keep my mouth shut until I do something and will not say anything reguarding Rory's strength again since i have not  witnessed it myself , although i do believe what George Gibson told me he witnessed ], but it will be late sometime next year........I will get in touch or you  pm me as we get closer[ i know it is a long time away , but i want to do it right and not get hurt and back out].........I will cover your expenses as I invited you and I can afford it .....lol........You and Jimmy seem like solid straight up guys to me .........i hope you will help lend Rory some positive support [And Dante / Big A as well ]during his comeback as you both know that it won't be easy ..........take care.......and i appoligize if I got defensive with you  at iron age ......i always admit when i am wrong and take responsibility for my actions .....i was wrong and i am sorry for how you were treated........I would like you to stay in involved in a positive manner........also can you you pm me the list of the best raw 275 lbers ever are .....i want to see what the greats have done ....thanks again guys ...i hope the drama is done and we can get back to supporting Rory........

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2006, 03:04:21 PM »
To reply to the question of what Rory has to gain by competing again, the answer is simple: an IFBB pro card.  It is still the dream of many competitive BBs to score one, despite the extreme difficulty of doing so.  Basically BBs have a better chance to be struck by lightning.  But it's their dream.  God knows why, since the Weiders, the IFBB & the NPC have screwed over competitors over & over again.  Rory has done a lot of things, but he's still best known for having one of the best looks of anyone who competed in the 1980s.  If he can get back in there & do some damage onstage, more power to him.  I for one will be cheering him on. 

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2006, 03:29:54 PM »
Why act like that?  YOU are the one that brought it up to make some negative point about ME.

Chris I wasn't making a negative point about you but I've been involved in the sport since I was 16 and am now 51. I think in that time I've learned how to count the plates on a bar. My sarcasm was aimed at "sarcasm" the member since most of his posts are sarcastic. Like I said, you are a knowledgeable guy and I enjoy your input most of the time.

Look, Iabadman, Dante, Chris Mason, JimmyThompson and Intenseone this whole topic has lost track. We got off onto Rory's strength which we all seem to agree was impressive but it was only a tool in building a great physique and certainly not World record standard by Power-lifting purists.

The bottom line for me and why I want to see Rory do this is as follows; Rory is one of the guy's who was VERY knowledgeable, likable and just a good guy. For what-ever reason he could advise guys to be successful but always came in to dieted down or off. Along with Matt Mendenhall I always felt he was deserving of standing on-stage at the O with Haney, Paris, Christian and others. That he wasn't, is a huge travesty. I just would love for him to come in at his "today" best and if deserving, get his Pro card. His dream will be fulfilled and as a friend I will be happy for him.

BTW Dante, thank you for being on Rory’s team. You are the class act I always know you were.
and keep moving!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2006, 05:08:10 PM »
Rory was a PHENOMENAL bodybuilder but there is NO WAY on earth that he did a 495 for 5-6 reps bench press/barbell row superset.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »
   Chris ....thanks for your class reply as well............I  appreciate it more than you know........I will not back out [and I will keep my mouth shut until I do something and will not say anything reguarding Rory's strength again since i have not  witnessed it myself , although i do believe what George Gibson told me he witnessed ], but it will be late sometime next year........I will get in touch or you  pm me as we get closer[ i know it is a long time away , but i want to do it right and not get hurt and back out].........I will cover your expenses as I invited you and I can afford it .....lol........You and Jimmy seem like solid straight up guys to me .........i hope you will help lend Rory some positive support [And Dante / Big A as well ]during his comeback as you both know that it won't be easy ..........take care.......and i appoligize if I got defensive with you  at iron age ......i always admit when i am wrong and take responsibility for my actions .....i was wrong and i am sorry for how you were treated........I would like you to stay in involved in a positive manner........also can you you pm me the list of the best raw 275 lbers ever are .....i want to see what the greats have done ....thanks again guys ...i hope the drama is done and we can get back to supporting Rory........

No problem on the reply.  I would send you the list for raw 275 lbers but I don't have it.  I DO have Michael Soong's (he is a customer of ours) compiled lists of top lifts by class (probably the most comprehensive ever) but he does not single out raw to my recollection.  The fellow who runs 100% Raw (Paul Bossi?) might have such a list at his disposal.  Any total over 2000 lbs raw is TREMENDOUS.

The best ever raw total and probabably the best ever total period was Don Reinhoudt's 2420 lbs. 

One of our sponsored lifters and a VERY strong man by the name of John Stafford has totalled an equipped 2503 lbs in the 275 lb class.

w

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2006, 06:22:57 PM »
Rory was a PHENOMENAL bodybuilder but there is NO WAY on earth that he did a 495 for 5-6 reps bench press/barbell row superset.

That part was true...but not 800lbs squats like some claim!

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2006, 03:39:17 AM »
I see Rory will not now be making any comeback but this was always going to be the case. The clue was the fact that all the hangers on were trying to help/convince him to make this comeback whereas the only way anyone really comes back is if driven from within. The "helpers" were not really helping and may in fact have damaged Rory in their attempts to take a vicarious share of his glory.
Master of the Masters.