Author Topic: According to Ironage Rory Leidermayer is making a comeback  (Read 14330 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: According to Ironage Rory Leidermayer is making a comeback
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2006, 10:40:32 PM »
Update on this thread. Rory and I will be meeting this weekend to tentatively set our schedules, I will be training with him for his (our) qualifying show to qualify for next years Masters Nationals. He will be doing the Grand Masters and I will be doing the Masters....It'll be just like old times...exiting!!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2006, 10:46:12 PM »
Update on this thread. Rory and I will be meeting this weekend to tentatively set our schedules, I will be training with him for his (our) qualifying show to qualify for next years Masters Nationals. He will be doing the Grand Masters and I will be doing the Masters....It'll be just like old times...exiting!!
right on!

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2006, 10:57:44 PM »
what does Rory look like nowadays?

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2006, 03:53:04 AM »
There is a thread over on ProMuscle where Iabadman, is talking about this subject and is looking for protein  companies to back Rory's training.

I wonder if Ron, Vinny or another board member involved in that business would be able to help?

The Beef

I read the Dante through his company TRURPROTEIN and IFBB Pro BigA through his company SYNTHETEK ( some of the best products on the market bar none ) are committed to backing Rory with their great line of powders and competition products.

Dante and BigA are two stand up guys and great members of the bodybuilding community.

The Beef

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2006, 04:42:31 AM »
I just noticed that Rory was the strongest man in the world  ::).

Same old Ironage, someone questions a claim about their heroes and they feel compelled to attack.  It is a pity...
w

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2006, 08:00:52 AM »

Same old Ironage, someone questions a claim about their heroes and they feel compelled to attack.  It is a pity...

Funny, I never read that :-\!

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2006, 12:21:51 PM »

Yeah, same old IronAge . . . The one that kicked your ass out.

The Beef

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »
Muscle Memory website lists Rory as "Born March 18, 1958"--if so, he cannot qualify for the over 50 Masters Nationals competition until 2008.  What gives? 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2006, 03:07:09 PM »
Muscle Memory website lists Rory as "Born March 18, 1958"--if so, he cannot qualify for the over 50 Masters Nationals competition until 2008.  What gives? 

Rory is 51!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2006, 05:32:34 PM »
Yeah, same old IronAge . . . The one that kicked your ass out.

The Beef

Very true.  Your point?

They kicked me out because Shawn and his mods cannot stand if someone in any way questions their heroes.  I think it is a sad state of affairs that they feel compelled to live in some bodybuilding fantasy land.

Iron game history is very cool and reading about some of the greats is equally cool.  That said, they feel compelled to keep fantasy claims alive.

Anyhoo, life goes on.
w

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2006, 11:03:19 PM »
My point Chris, is that you are known on a lot of boards as an exceptionally intelligent, well written guy, but one who lacks respect for others. You got the boot for that, not for speaking your mind. I guess the bottom line is everyone suffered a bit, you got the boot and a lot of members no longer get your input ( which when stated respectfully is often very good. )

IronAge is full of guys who for the most part have fought their battles ( in life )  and like to have a place where respect and support is the order of the day. They don't jump on every post which questions an IronAge athlete, just the ones which are presented in a combative manner.

The Beef ( IronAge member for 3 years and counting )

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2006, 11:37:19 PM »
My point Chris, is that you are known on a lot of boards as an exceptionally intelligent, well written guy, but one who lacks respect for others. You got the boot for that, not for speaking your mind. I guess the bottom line is everyone suffered a bit, you got the boot and a lot of members no longer get your input ( which when stated respectfully is often very good. )

IronAge is full of guys who for the most part have fought their battles ( in life )  and like to have a place where respect and support is the order of the day. They don't jump on every post which questions an IronAge athlete, just the ones which are presented in a combative manner.

Well spoken Beef!

Joe... glad to hear about you and Rory training together. I know you'll be pushing each other hard. Time to shut some of these children up.
and keep moving!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2006, 11:40:30 PM »
Well spoken Beef!

Joe... glad to hear about you and Rory training together. I know you'll be pushing each other hard. Time to shut some of these children up.

Yep, this is going to be fun, Rory told me you guys spoke last week.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2006, 11:55:45 PM »

Hi Intense,

The spellcheck has unfortunately failed you again.  Exiting is not the correct word you're looking for (though it is an amusing slip given the nature of discussion and the state of bodybuilding).

I know you like to point out others mistakes so I thought I'd do you the favour. 

No problem!

Rocket

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2006, 12:08:15 AM »
Yep, this is going to be fun, Rory told me you guys spoke last week.

Well I left a message with his wife and gave him my full support and it was me who put him in touch with Iabadman but we didn't actually speak yet. Man that will be cool for both of you to win your shows and get your cards. Did you ever find pic's of this years winners?
and keep moving!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2006, 04:43:31 AM »

Well, thanks for the compliment portion of your statement.  As to the other part, I must disagree but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I WILL say I have no more respect for pros than any man or woman other than for their iron game accomplishments.  If a pro spews b.s. and I know it to be so I feel compelled to point it out.  In truth, in the last few years I have made it a point to try to keep my thoughts on many matters more to myself. 

So, for example, I have would say nothing to Serge Nubret who is posting like mad on the Ironage site because he is only expressing his opinion and his claims do not seem outlandish to me.  On the other hand, the bullshit claims (in my opinion) made by someone else on Rory's behalf ARE something I would speak about.  The raw (possibly with knee wraps) 3 lift claims (squat, bench, deadlift) made for Rory are just a crock of shit yet the Ironage mods like MaxRep feel compelled to believe them and strike down the fellow who questioned it.   I work with some of the strongest men in the world.  I KNOW strength and what realistic numbers are.  I SERIOUSLY DOUBT Rory could have squatted as much as Ronnie (nearly so as "only" an 800 lb squat is claimed for him and we saw Ronnie double that in his video) who uses a squat suit, wraps, and possibly briefs (not sure as he does not say and you cannot see).  Ronnie is INCREDIBLY strong for a bodybuilder and much like Eddy Ellwood could make for a decent strongman if he wanted to.  Ronnie is WAYYYY bigger than Rory ever was.  Rory was not as strong as Ronnie in my opinion.  Ok, if I had typed my opinion on Ironage they would have all freaked on me like they did on the other fellow.  Why?  They (the mods and some members) like to live in fantasyland.  So be it.
w

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2006, 05:13:14 AM »
not to be the bringer of bad news but..

you guys are talking about his build and lifting ability 20 years ago, god bless him but that was a long time ago. I wish him the best but do think that he can pull of a Vince?

and as someone pointed out the stories and getting out of control

offseaon = 275, contest= 200..   ::)
row = 505 with ease  :o

do we believe that he will be able to compete with Rusty or Chic for the masters? 
can we see a recent pic, once again I wish him the best of luck

the only comeback that I want to see is Levrone and Cormier (he isn't retired but has been acting like it)
Here comes the money shot

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2006, 07:32:18 AM »
Hi Intense,

The spellcheck has unfortunately failed you again.  Exiting is not the correct word you're looking for (though it is an amusing slip given the nature of discussion and the state of bodybuilding).

I know you like to point out others mistakes so I thought I'd do you the favour. 

No problem!

Rocket

Hi Rocket,

This has what to do with this thread? Stick to the subject...please!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2006, 07:39:15 AM »

Well, thanks for the compliment portion of your statement.  As to the other part, I must disagree but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I WILL say I have no more respect for pros than any man or woman other than for their iron game accomplishments.  If a pro spews b.s. and I know it to be so I feel compelled to point it out.  In truth, in the last few years I have made it a point to try to keep my thoughts on many matters more to myself. 

So, for example, I have would say nothing to Serge Nubret who is posting like mad on the Ironage site because he is only expressing his opinion and his claims do not seem outlandish to me.  On the other hand, the bullshit claims (in my opinion) made by someone else on Rory's behalf ARE something I would speak about.  The raw (possibly with knee wraps) 3 lift claims (squat, bench, deadlift) made for Rory are just a crock of shit yet the Ironage mods like MaxRep feel compelled to believe them and strike down the fellow who questioned it.   I work with some of the strongest men in the world.  I KNOW strength and what realistic numbers are.  I SERIOUSLY DOUBT Rory could have squatted as much as Ronnie (nearly so as "only" an 800 lb squat is claimed for him and we saw Ronnie double that in his video) who uses a squat suit, wraps, and possibly briefs (not sure as he does not say and you cannot see).  Ronnie is INCREDIBLY strong for a bodybuilder and much like Eddy Ellwood could make for a decent strongman if he wanted to.  Ronnie is WAYYYY bigger than Rory ever was.  Rory was not as strong as Ronnie in my opinion.  Ok, if I had typed my opinion on Ironage they would have all freaked on me like they did on the other fellow.  Why?  They (the mods and some members) like to live in fantasyland.  So be it.

Chris, I trained with Rory for a long time and your right, his weights were exaggerated and Ronnie is stronger than Rory, but in his day he was one of the strongest bodybuilders around but I have never seen him do an 800lb squat nor (not that I can recall) seen him deadlift at least not while we were training!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2006, 07:45:05 AM »
not to be the bringer of bad news but..

you guys are talking about his build and lifting ability 20 years ago, god bless him but that was a long time ago. I wish him the best but do think that he can pull of a Vince?

and as someone pointed out the stories and getting out of control

offseaon = 275, contest= 200..   ::)
row = 505 with ease  :o

do we believe that he will be able to compete with Rusty or Chic for the masters? 
can we see a recent pic, once again I wish him the best of luck

the only comeback that I want to see is Levrone and Cormier (he isn't retired but has been acting like it)

Never said he would be competing with Chick or Rusty since Rory will be in the Grand Masters Div (Over 50). As for pics...they'll be coming.

All of you guys need to lay off a bit, Rory is doing this only for himself. Is that ok with you guys?

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2006, 08:48:29 AM »
James Hampton won the over 50 Masters Nationals this last weekend, looked terrific & went pro.  He went back to the 1980s in national NPC shows.  I don't see why Rory can't train successfully for this show as well.  Good luck to him.  He's one of the greats. 

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2006, 12:41:32 PM »

The raw (possibly with knee wraps) 3 lift claims (squat, bench, deadlift) made for Rory are just a crock of shit yet the Ironage mods like MaxRep feel compelled to believe them and strike down the fellow who questioned it. 

Well chris_mason (Lewis) thanks for the vote of confidence but I think you need to take a reading course. First, I am now nor have I ever been a mod at ironage.us

Second, I do not believe nor disbelieve the claims made for Rory as I do not know World record powerlifts nor was I present during the claimed lifts. I was a student/client or Rory's and I have became a friend of Iabadman and I did not have any desire to discredit either of them.

Third, if you read my posts I didn't have a problem with the guy "Lewis (chris_mason)" not believing the claims but I did have a problem with his very "getbigish" confrontational attitude. This was the only reason I asked the mods to delete his post and he was asked not once, not twice but three times to tone down his attitude a notch but kept coming back with more.   

Ironage is not Getbig. I like it that way and want to preserve it for what it is. Does that mean I agree with everything that goes one there? No. When I don’t agree I just flip the screen and don’t contribute to a thread.

Just like the “Feats of Strength In the Gym Thread” a few years ago when you lambasted me for seeing a guy do 9 reps behind the neck with 405, you don’t read. You came at me as lying about this saying “no-one can do 9 reps easy in the bnp with 405”. I never said the guy did them easy OR strict OR that his form would pass in any kind of competition with judges. I’ve been training for 38 years and know what 405 looks like and so did the other people who witnessed it. 

Like Hurricane Beef, I actually think you’re one of the few guys on the boards who we can learn from and who actually has some good things to contribute. That’s why the attitude kind of baffles me. 
and keep moving!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2006, 07:17:32 PM »
Well chris_mason (Lewis) thanks for the vote of confidence but I think you need to take a reading course. First, I am now nor have I ever been a mod at ironage.us

Second, I do not believe nor disbelieve the claims made for Rory as I do not know World record powerlifts nor was I present during the claimed lifts. I was a student/client or Rory's and I have became a friend of Iabadman and I did not have any desire to discredit either of them.

Third, if you read my posts I didn't have a problem with the guy "Lewis (chris_mason)" not believing the claims but I did have a problem with his very "getbigish" confrontational attitude. This was the only reason I asked the mods to delete his post and he was asked not once, not twice but three times to tone down his attitude a notch but kept coming back with more.   

Ironage is not Getbig. I like it that way and want to preserve it for what it is. Does that mean I agree with everything that goes one there? No. When I don’t agree I just flip the screen and don’t contribute to a thread.

Just like the “Feats of Strength In the Gym Thread” a few years ago when you lambasted me for seeing a guy do 9 reps behind the neck with 405, you don’t read. You came at me as lying about this saying “no-one can do 9 reps easy in the bnp with 405”. I never said the guy did them easy OR strict OR that his form would pass in any kind of competition with judges. I’ve been training for 38 years and know what 405 looks like and so did the other people who witnessed it. 

Like Hurricane Beef, I actually think you’re one of the few guys on the boards who we can learn from and who actually has some good things to contribute. That’s why the attitude kind of baffles me. 

I suppose I am rehashing a bit here but a PRESS BEHIND THE NECK implies the weight was PRESSED not jerked or push-pressed.

As to the attitude which was presented in the thread referenced what exactly was supposed to have been said by Lewis (Chris Mason)?  If one thinks something is b.s. should one simply accept it and move on because of the "spirit" of the board?  Can one not question something? 

The topic is so stupid as to border on not being worth conversing about but it just baffles me how blind some people are.  A guy made claim which is most assuredly bullshit in my estimation and Lewis (Chris Mason) called him on it.  He got all bent out of shape and attacked the one who called his b.s. to include cursing at said individual.  Now, he was not asked to "tone down" his remarks and attacks and Lewis (Chris Mason) who was rather unerringly polite in the thread had posts deleted and was asked to "tone down" his comments.  Anyone who is not an utter moron can see that he was being persecuted by the fantasyland loving mods and members of that site (not ALL of them) because he simply did not go along with the bullshit and say how incredible Rory was and so on. 

Anyway, it is what it is and I will refrain from further comment on the matter unless more is asked of me.

w

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2006, 07:27:43 PM »
I suppose I am rehashing a bit here but a PRESS BEHIND THE NECK implies the weight was PRESSED not jerked or push-pressed.

As to the attitude which was presented in the thread referenced what exactly was supposed to have been said by Lewis (Chris Mason)?  If one thinks something is b.s. should one simply accept it and move on because of the "spirit" of the board?  Can one not question something? 

The topic is so stupid as to border on not being worth conversing about but it just baffles me how blind some people are.  A guy made claim which is most assuredly bullshit in my estimation and Lewis (Chris Mason) called him on it.  He got all bent out of shape and attacked the one who called his b.s. to include cursing at said individual.  Now, he was not asked to "tone down" his remarks and attacks and Lewis (Chris Mason) who was rather unerringly polite in the thread had posts deleted and was asked to "tone down" his comments.  Anyone who is not an utter moron can see that he was being persecuted by the fantasyland loving mods and members of that site (not ALL of them) because he simply did not go along with the bullshit and say how incredible Rory was and so on. 

Anyway, it is what it is and I will refrain from further comment on the matter unless more is asked of me.

gotta agree with you here, i would bet my house on the fact that no one can strictly seated PBN 405 for 9 reps.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2006, 11:52:26 PM »
gotta agree with you here, i would bet my house on the fact that no one can strictly seated PBN 405 for 9 reps.

MONSTER opinion!

I said in the original thread that they were standing leg kick (push) presses. And it was still VERY impressive.

Nice to know how many people need reading courses. 
and keep moving!