Author Topic: LUGAR'S TRAINING LOG!  (Read 3880 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
LUGAR'S TRAINING LOG!
« on: July 17, 2006, 05:17:04 AM »
Monday, July 17, 2006

The new diet/routine has begun, this is more for me and to enjoy the support of my fellow bros, as many of my previous attempts have failed in a big way.  Here's what I got:

530am - Height 6'2. Weight 160lbs, 7-8%bf

BCAAS (NO TIME FOR A SHAKE PRE) - USUALLY 2 SCOOPS CASEIN, 1TB PB

530AM BIS
7 SET (2 WARMS) 6-12REPS, STRAIGHT BAR CURLS
3 SETS SEATED DBELL CURLS - SUPERSET W/ SINGLE DBELL PREACHERS 3 SETS
1 SET (DROP SET) - ROPE CURLS, 20, 15, 10,10
4 SETS STANDING AB CRUNCH
15 MINUTES COOLDOWN, 2.5 SPEED - 11.0 INCLINE (HAM, GLUTE WORK)

3/4 CUP OATS
1 CUP BLUBERIES
12 EGG WHITES
1 SCOOP DYNMATIZE PROTEIN
CREATINE, B-6, BCOMPLEX, ARGENINE, GLUTAMINE,
LARGE COFFEE

1 CUP OATS
12 EGG WHITES
1 SCOOP ISS CASEIN

PLAN:
11:30-NOON
6OZ COOKED WW PASTA
8 OZ CHICKEN
LARGE LARGE SALAD

2PM
8OZ FLANK STEAK AND SALMON
HANDFULL OF ALMONDS

4PM
2 SCOOPS CASEIN PROTEIN
1TB PB

TRAIN 5:30PM CHEST - 50 MINUTES INTENSE

THEN THE ABUNDANCE OF CALORIES COME IN, ABOUT 1,000-2,000 IN 3 HOUR TIME PERIOD ALL THE WAY UP TO BED. 

***ONLY WEIGH MYSELF ON MONDAY MORNINGS!!  STAY OFF THE SCALE!!!***  NO LOOKING AT ABS IN MIRROR** KEEP ME ON TRACK, NO TURNING BACK!  15 MONTHS TILL SHOWTIME!

GEAR MAYBE POSSIBLY MAYBE STARTING AUG. 1

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
Re: LUGAR'S TRAINING LOG!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 07:19:10 AM »
don't gear up... it should be easy for you to gain mass if you had a lot before at one point.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:59:21 AM »
nah, roger that....all depends on how I feel...test levels right now are about 200, hopefully with these cals, it'll get cranked!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 08:02:36 AM »
i dont think you answered it before... how come your test levels went down sooo much?

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 08:26:24 AM »
You didn't state what your whole workout was, but: If that bicep thing your doing is an example of the rest of your lifting  program than you may want to rethink  your plan. 50 minutes, for chest only, seems too excessive, also. Any 15 minute, or other time period, cool down will not be needed. To get big you must do the Big Boy exercises. Of course we all know what put's muscle mass on the quickest: squats, Dl's, rows, benches, dips, etc. Might try upper body on Monday. Lower body on wednsday anf the following friday, back to the upper body work. Next monday start with lower body training, wednsday, upper body, etc. Keep any muscle group to 4-6 sets max each workout. And have at lease one day completly off between heavy workouts. You can also try full body workouts, 2 or 3 times a week, keeping the total sets down to between 9-12. Either version of these short intense workouts have helped thousands of men gain muscle mass, in a somewhat short period of time, over the years. Try not to fall into the trap of 5 or 6 day a week split if you want to gain pure mascle mass.

Might want to have a shake to replace at least two or 3 of those all day eating binges. Much easier on the digestion and to assimilate all that nourishment  you spent the big bucks on. Gear does not give the same results to everyone. Some guy's will gain very little, some will blow up like a puffed up balloon. Either way, using gear does not assure permanent or stable muscle gains. People are going to have stop taking it at some time in their future lives and that's when a normalization of the body reverts back. Meaning a lot of that hard earned muscle tissure will reduce in size. If you cycle it as your should, with long periods between cycles, than the results can be more long lasting and the health issues hopefully less. Troubles is , most guy's don't cycle (after awhile) and shoot the butt, legs, etc just about daily. There lay's the problem. Good Luck.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 08:36:44 AM »
thanks for the replies, but this log is pretty much to keep me on track...I've tried it my way before and now I am in the hands of one of the best professional (retired) bodybuilders/nutritionalists/training gurus in the nation (trust me, you'd know his name)....so I am following his lead.  the diet looked extreme to me, but he can give a reasoning behind every single macro.  He swore to me that If I shut up and lsiten, there is no way it wont work and no way I'll lose my "abs" completely...goal is to stay under 10%, so it's on him.  No need to critique his routine, he knows.....my split goes a little like this:

Monday
Am - Heavy Bis
PM - Heavy chest

Tuesday - same (different bp of course, no overlapping)

Wed. Completely off

Thursday and friday are same

Weekends off

Can give out the full details, but the rationale behind 2-adays is to slowly wean me off the cardio ....today I did 15 minutes and he was extremely pissed, but undertandiable.....I'm goingfrom 40min 7 days a week to about nill.......like an alcoholic, wean it off.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 08:45:22 AM »
40 min a day 7 days a week. that was a big part of your problem. steak and eggs and other man food, heavy lifting, good rest should get you back on track to big.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 08:52:42 AM »
thanks for the replies, but this log is pretty much to keep me on track...I've tried it my way before and now I am in the hands of one of the best professional (retired) bodybuilders/nutritionalists/training gurus in the nation (trust me, you'd know his name)....so I am following his lead.  the diet looked extreme to me, but he can give a reasoning behind every single macro.  He swore to me that If I shut up and lsiten, there is no way it wont work and no way I'll lose my "abs" completely...goal is to stay under 10%, so it's on him.  No need to critique his routine, he knows.....my split goes a little like this:

Monday
Am - Heavy Bis
PM - Heavy chest

Tuesday - same (different bp of course, no overlapping)

Wed. Completely off

Thursday and friday are same

Weekends off

Can give out the full details, but the rationale behind 2-adays is to slowly wean me off the cardio ....today I did 15 minutes and he was extremely pissed, but undertandiable.....I'm goingfrom 40min 7 days a week to about nill.......like an alcoholic, wean it off.

No offence, but the current layout you got, looks more like something that a juiced lifter would use.

I'd like to know how many natural athletes a guy like M S has succesfully coached in his days.

Good luck to you. If the results aren't coming as you expected however, it may be because the training schedule is designed for gear assisted lifters.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 08:54:42 AM »
yes i agree 100%. you're a lot smaller and weaker than you were before. don't train like the juicers in the magazines because that kind of training is not for human beings. use the exercises that worked for you before and train with decent intensity but DON'T KILL YOURSELF... muscle memory will help but if you kill yourself training your hormones will go even lower.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 09:37:29 AM »
wtf are you guys talking about?   40 mins, 2x a day vs. 1.5hrs once....u tell me which leads to a more beneiftial workout, focus, etc.....

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 10:14:23 AM »
Which nation are you referring too, with regards to your past Pro BB'er/trainer? No offense, but no one workout program is going to work on everyone unless your a easy gainer or into cycling 'roids/GH. But I do agree that working out twice a day can be very rewarding if it's planned right. And if you have the time and money to do nothing else. Mind sharing what you train on thursday & fridays. I'm (and most everyone else here) always interested in different ways to train.

I work with highschool and college athletes. The one's who need an extra weight gain pretty much follow the Big Boy exercises twice or three times a week. So the program I suggested before was pretty much the standard for them to put on the muscle, in a somewhat short period of time. No gear because their tested (blood, tissure sample in extreme cases & urine) often.The only supplement that seems to help for increased size & strength (other than Amino Acids/ protein) is Creatine and to a lesser extent, Bulgsarian grade Tribulus Terrestris). And quality calories in the 4000 to 5000+ range, depending on the player, every day. Now even Clear can be found covering what's it's covering,with a advance chemical balance check (pity Berry Bonds..wish he would stop crying in public). Any player found using would be dropped from the program in a snap of a finger. No malace intended, but I would think that that "maybe" of taking gear is more of a positive the beginning of August. So you might be in the wrong section of the GetBig site. Good Luck.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 11:20:45 AM »
I understand and appreciate the comments.....I an tell you it's 2 a day training, short and intense and there is no AAS use.  Trining in M,T,Th,F.....plain and simple.  get in, blast it, get out and eat!

Supplements are a 4,200 (approx) caloric intake, creatine, bcaas, vit b complex, b-12, b-6, vitamine c, glutamine and ZMA if I so chose.  Also, if you consider Whey a supplement, I have a few shakes a day.  Tis it, dont like the "what nation" slam, as it's pretty funny for you I guess....but I've seen the miracles he's worked and I've seen the failures.  Too each his own.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 12:02:35 PM »
No "nation" slam, push, shove or  bump intended. Got the impression you were  not from the U.S.. Europe, for example, have their trainers rely heavly on drugs, though they want you to believe their as pure as a saint. And your programed remimnded me of that. Whey protein is a classic BB'ing supplement. More so when using milk or pineapple juice as a base and laced with flaxseed oil, safflower oil, Omega fish oil, etc. Can put a lot of muscle mass on a lot of people. Easily get 1000  quality calories into one shake, sipped slowly. Two or three of these shakes, with normal sized meals (the usual three times a day) can give anyone the advantage when muscle mass is the goal. Stuffing one's self , with a bloated feelinig 24/7, could not be the most ideal method for most. If it works for you, than let us know the results. And yes, weighting ones self once a week is a good idea. Good Luck.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 01:07:04 PM »
and now I am in the hands of one of the best professional (retired) bodybuilders/nutritionalists/training gurus in the nation (trust me, you'd know his name)....so I am following his lead.

....today I did 15 minutes and he was extremely pissed,

Monday, July 17, 2006
The new diet/routine has begun,
530am - Height 6'2. Weight 160lbs, 7-8%bf
BCAAS (NO TIME FOR A SHAKE PRE)

I guarantee you he'd be pissed about that too.

:

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 01:19:59 PM »
My God......the rapture of hearing from the Lovely Princess L.......if  she look's like Milla Jovovich, my life would be complete...If Only.... Put my body in an outrigger and point in the direction of American Samoa.....I am done!!!

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 06:59:27 PM »
I guarantee you he'd be pissed about that too.

he wants me to take 2 scoops whey and a tb of pb pre...not sure if I can handle it 15 mins pre...plus, it makes for 4 of my 8 meals shakes...Actually, is it considered a shake if it's whole foods, just blended?   When people say too many shakes, are they referring to whey andh20...?  For example, no true diff. with oats and eggs cooked vs. a shake blended, except that your body burns more chewing and digesting?  Raw oats are a godsend, no way I could do 3 cups cooked a day!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 07:57:22 PM »
no way I could do 3 cups cooked a day!
easy. 1.5 in the morning. 1.5 before you train.
bodybuildersreality.com

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 12:14:29 PM »
nah....i go fat/pro pre

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 12:46:08 PM »
easy. 1.5 in the morning. 1.5 before you train.

that's alot of freakin rice!!!   I used to do 2-3 cups a day and I'm pretty sure all it did was make me fat....
nasser=piece of shit

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 07:09:44 PM »
oats bro...oats...and NO, 2-3 cups of rice didnt make you fat....hahahha....... :P

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 11:36:56 AM »
oats bro...oats...and NO, 2-3 cups of rice didnt make you fat....hahahha....... :P

well lets put it this way that was the only thing about my diet that changed and I was gaining weight like a monster...about 2-3lbs a week, which is pretty good...to bad I didn't realize my waist was getting f'n huge.
nasser=piece of shit

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 12:12:17 PM »
ok, but it wasnt from the oats!!!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 05:43:42 PM »
ok, but it wasnt from the oats!!!

not oats...rice, rice baby.
nasser=piece of shit

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 07:06:39 AM »
u get fat from meat,dairy and junk food those are the highest fat sources, so if ur getting fat thats wat u cut back on! not rice or oatmeal IMHO. Also i agree ur bicep routine is waaaaaay over training and gear wont help if u dont know how to train. If ur going the grear route u want to reach ur natty peak first!

Dont rush things, Energie = Strength/Time (physics equation for power)
ie: it's better to take small steps consistantly, and never stop than 1-10 big steps and quit!
doing so many sets is wrong cause 1.U cant mantain that pace for long unless 2.Ur not putting forth much effort on each set.

Thats my opinion anyways ;)
P

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 08:29:12 AM »
9 SETS FOR BIS IS HARDLY OVERTRAINING..........AN D, BTW CALORIES IN EXCESS MAKE YOU FAT, PERIOD!!!  DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GETTING YOUR FACTS, BUT YOU NEED TO REVISIT THEM....