Author Topic: Bodybuilders and sex appeal.  (Read 18520 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Bodybuilders and sex appeal.
« on: July 19, 2006, 12:49:27 AM »
Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Bodybuilders and sex appeal.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 01:02:39 AM »

I know Tom Prince was under this delusion and I don't think he is the only one.  Muscletech seems to want us to believe that women would go for Branch Warren or Dave Henry (the blonde with him in the ad was probably standing on her knees in order to appear shorter than him).  Possibly their target market has a double digit IQ or are just virgins and don't know any better.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAHA, RON.....

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 01:04:00 AM »
blonde on her knees     lmao

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 01:17:14 AM »
HOLY SMOKES, this is a great topic...so let's see...a couple of guys i was with before Hans had just normal bodies...my ex-husband was a Marine so he was in shape, but kinda little compared to me and the guy before Hans was totally HAIRY and a big guy, but not muscular...when i met Hans, i was like "OH MY GOD, HE HAS MUSCLES WHERE NO ONE ELSE HAS"...in fact, he was pretty much in shape the entire time i was with him, even when he passed...i enjoyed EVERY bit of his body and thought that there would be no other type that I'd be attracted to EVER...well, love works in mysterious ways, because my husband now is big and tall but nothing like a "PRO" bodybuilders body and i find him just as sexy  :P.

Lisa

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 01:43:51 AM »
I find it refreshing that a tall woman can see beyond a man's height (Hans being 5'9).  Not that that is short, but it proves that not every woman's ideal is 6'5.  Hans was a freak, but I would be ok with having his physique, minus the insane vascularity.

I guess for me, after i was done with hubbie #1, i told myself that i wanted a man to make me feel small...that's when hairy dude came in...he was well over 6' and had a good sized beer drinkin' belly on him...when i met Hans, yes he was shorter, but his shoulder width and entire body size made me feel very comfortable and somewhat small if you know what i mean. Don't get me wrong, my husband now does not have a "bad" body, just not a muscular one.

Lisa

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 01:45:33 AM »
Yates facially looked dreadful during the latter part of his ugly reign.

Health, virility, all this eschewed.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 01:57:27 AM »
I'm curious if any pro thinks that women find their physiques attractive?  ???

I know Tom Prince was under this delusion and I don't think he is the only one.  Muscletech seems to want us to believe that women would go for Branch Warren or Dave Henry (the blonde with him in the ad was probably standing on her knees in order to appear shorter than him).  Possibly their target market has a double digit IQ or are just virgins and don't know any better.

Maybe 1% of women are attracted to a pro size physique (if that).  The kicker is that far less than 1% of men can provide this, so it's a good match.

Most pros show signs of acromegaly.  I had girls at my place tell me that Gunter looked good, but even he would look better if he dropped about 100 pounds of muscle (and hopefully reverses some of the GH sides if that is possible).

I just watched the new Gary Strydom DVD from www.muscletime.com.  In the DVD a woman who saw him train in the venice pit asked if he was married and felt his arm.  A moment later a younger woman got a picture with him and felt his arm.  None of this was faked (at least it didn't look it at all).  Gary is a tall, classy looking guy and as massive as he is, just isn't as grotesque as most pros, physique wise.

Check out his myspace and check out the comments from younger girls:

www.myspace.com/champwbf

I don't doubt at all that this guy can get his share of young hotties with ease.  Isn't sex appeal supposed to be some part of working out?  Yeah, yeah - do it for yourself.  But by virtue of looking good for yourself, you would think others would agree with your standard.

Compare:

www.myspace.com/branchwarren

Mostly comments from male bodybuilding enthusiasts as would be expected.

When precisely did bodybuilding stray from being about balance and health and looking good to just being a freakshow?  1970?  Maybe earlier?

Pros who I would aspire to be of the new age would be Milos, Chris Cook, and Dennis Newman, and some others.  Most I almost feel sorry for because I don't think acromegaly is reversible.

Bob Paris said he wanted to prove it was possible to care about health and balance and looking good while also being a bodybuilder.  Check out any old footage of him.  He always had the right idea.

The "Get big muscles; get the girls" adage has been used since the days of Charles Atlas. Remember the scene in Pumping Iron where Arnold Schwarzenegger has THREE girls around him: one grasping each leg, lustingly gazing upon him and a third one propped on his shoulders?

I thought that myself, when I was a kid. Of course, most of the guys I saw with big muscles were pro wrestlers. The guy that got the girls on WWF Superstars was the late "Ravishing" Rick Rude. Rude has two versions of what he called the "Rude Awakening", The first was his finishing move on an opponent, also known as a neckbreaker. The second was performed post-match, as follows:

Rude's manager, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, would pull a woman from the audience and ask her canned questions, regarding how privileged she was to be in the ring with Rude. After, obligatorily answering "Yes" to those questions, she would get the green light from "The Brain" to enjoy herself. After which, The Ravishing One would proceed to bust some slob (that is, french-kiss) the young lass, simultaneously lowering her to the ring. With the woman swooning in near-orgasmic bliss, Heenan would declare, "We have another winner!!", while Rude would stand over her, doing his famous gyrations.

Funny you should mentioned the guys on MuscleTech. It seems that their supplements have a patented "Jungle Fever" effect on black bodybuilders, as white girls can't seem to stop pawing them, once they join Team MuscleTech. The interesting thing is that the company actually has one black woman on staff, Alicia Marie (co-holder of the Ms. Muscle & Fitness title). But for some strange reason, she doesn't feel like fondling Darrem Charles, David Henry, or Johnnie Jackson.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 02:16:14 AM »
I'll have to go with Mars' sig on this one

When girls like your body go back to the gym

Z

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 02:23:04 AM »

......and keep doing what you're doing!!

;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 02:38:46 AM »
Best quote ever.

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 02:57:45 AM »

Exactly. Stop all this "BUT WOMEN..." this and that. Who gives a shit. And it's much more than 1% who like the bodybuilder type. Probably more like 15-35%
T

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 04:44:42 AM »
 ;D You tell me if this is sexy and will any women, dog, goat, sheep or relative find this sexy.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 05:04:49 AM »
It's unfortunate but for most woman sexy means more than just the body.  First off if your an ugly f*ck it will not matter much how good your body is, it will help you though, Ive banged chicks with great body's but not so good of looks and thats all it was.....a banging.  See women look for a combo of qualities in men.... looks, physique, ability to provide, being able to talk and laugh with them, future aspirations, not being a dork, loyalty.....and a bunch of of other crap that gives them that warm, fuzzy feeling.

Not to say some don't want to get with some handsome, muscled up guy for some wild sex from time to time, but those freaks are more rare.  Most need to be wined and dined for a while at least a couple times, before it gets to that.

Slick Vic

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 05:07:13 AM »
I have heard on numerous occasion from women that a body the size as, say, Tom Prince or Ronnie Coleman, is 'ugly' and 'gross'. I'm sure some men hit the gym to look more appealing to women, but I'm also sure that it's to build the body of a Mark Wahlberg type. The closest "bodybuilding physique" I've heard women say that they like is that of an Arnold. Probably 'cause his physique looks more pleasing to the eye than those that look grotesque - can you say Dave Palumbo?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 05:17:09 AM »
I think to a lot of women especially ones not famaliar with gym culture tend to see the guy as either very vain or compensating for something.
$

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 05:30:09 AM »
Girls like guys with abs and a fat wallet
L

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 05:34:52 AM »
I personally think that initially guys start to do it to get on the radar with women...but once they get to the point where they are starting to really fill out, it is more a personal drive to be bigger, more jack.

Girl: "you look fine already!"

Guy: "I wanna look like that !" (points to MD cover)

Girl: "Dont ever look like that babe...ewwww thats soooo gross!!"
L

Slick Vic

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 05:37:11 AM »
Girls like guys with abs and a fat wallet
You hit the nail right on the head!  :D

Slick Vic

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 05:39:58 AM »
Girls like guys with a fat wallet
There's a saying....

Women that treat men as large, generous bank accounts deserve men who treat women as stupid, sexual playthings:D

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 05:50:59 AM »
Sometimes when I read this board, I realize how young some of the posters are.

When boys grow into men and start dating women instead of girls, they will find women are able to financially take care of themselves.
I teach my daughters to earn your own money, don't depend on anyone to take care of you, take care of yourself.

Sandra

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 05:52:44 AM »
Sometimes when I read this board, I realize how young some of the posters are.

When boys grow into men and start dating women instead of girls, they will find women are able to financially take care of themselves.
I teach my daughters to earn your own money, don't depend on anyone to take care of you, take care of yourself.

Sandra

When we are talking about women, we usaually dont mean you.
L

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 06:02:07 AM »
When we are talking about women, we usaually dont mean you.

I used your quote to seque into my post.  I didn't mention any names.

your ability to resist replying to me is amusing.  Such a baby.

Sandra

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 06:08:46 AM »
"Sandra" you seem like the type of woman that needs to be introduced to a set of carpeted stairs after a night of violent anal.
$

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 06:20:49 AM »
I used your quote to seque into my post.  I didn't mention any names.

your ability to resist replying to me is amusing.  Such a baby.

Sandra

Oh Sandra, what you and alot of other posters do is think that people who read the boards actually care about your guile and sophistication. I used to be like that, you know get in arguments with others about a topic and try to map out a logical reason which refutes what the other has to say. And if encountered with nonsense, I would also point them out as being 'childish' or 'immature'.

Let me break it down like this....

NOBODY CARES!!!!

Just keep going to those industry parties with derek anthony, greg valentino, and the other no names...You such a fan its sickening...

Whats a matter, no man in your life ? what is a woman of your age doing on a board like this ?? Tryin to land some cock or something ?? Yeah you just scream classy.

Jaejown3d
L

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 06:31:13 AM »
Personally I think that woman that are really uneducated about the innertickings of Bodybuilding will generally go with a more streamlined look, your Jean Caludes, Matthew McConahay, Christian Bales having the notion of...he uses steriods, he must have a small di$k

On a side note Tom Prince hit on my wife in a Pollo Tropical in WPB many years ago, typical "Hey baby" yada yada....my wife told him to fuck off. My husband is probably 100 lbs lighter and twice the man you will ever be! Classic