Author Topic: another press or upright row  (Read 1620 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
another press or upright row
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »
hey guys
I'm going to give up  on training front delts dirctly with front raises. I'm thinking of  replacing it with eith db press or upright rows... when i started to train front delts. I noticed that my presses went down and not up like the rest of the ppl. i guess, that I'm overtraining my front delts.   I would like my fullness to my shoulders but most ppl say I have big shoulders. I was wondering,  what is the secand best mass builder for delts?? is it db press or upright rows?? this is what my  old workout looked like

bb shoulder press
side laterals
bent laterals
bb front raise

all for three working sets

any suggests??

thx

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
Re: another press or upright row
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »
upright rows, def ditch the front raises, also may wanna try reverse pec deck flys for your rear delts, i feel it more than bent over laterals

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 09:47:31 PM »
sadly we only have the old skool kind with the two pads. I can do the gripless verison. should i do that or stay with the db's?? if i do the grlipless verion,

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 05:22:04 PM »
id say ditch the front delt raises and just focus on the three ur doing and getting strong with those ones...........

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 05:57:46 PM »
It's easy to overtrain delts because they get worked from chest workouts.  I only do three exercises for delts in my workout:

Anterior delt - seated military presses or dumbbell presses
Medial delt - lateral raises or close-grip upright rows
Rear delt - reverse cable cross-overs or reverse pec-dec flyes

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 01:50:27 AM »
hey guys
I'm going to give up  on training front delts dirctly with front raises. I'm thinking of  replacing it with eith db press or upright rows... when i started to train front delts. I noticed that my presses went down and not up like the rest of the ppl. i guess, that I'm overtraining my front delts.   I would like my fullness to my shoulders but most ppl say I have big shoulders. I was wondering,  what is the secand best mass builder for delts?? is it db press or upright rows?? this is what my  old workout looked like

bb shoulder press
side laterals
bent laterals
bb front raise

all for three working sets

any suggests??

thx
Don't give up laterals, especially front laterals. Your going to see your front deltoid mass shrink. Watch and find out if you don't believe me. :)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 12:54:37 PM »
Don't give up laterals, especially front laterals. Your going to see your front deltoid mass shrink. Watch and find out if you don't believe me. :)

Considering they are the most overworked muscle, how so?

i haven't done a front raise in 3 years...i prefer upright rows and overhead presses.

8)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 01:20:48 PM »
 I take it wen u say upright rows u mean shoulder width grip??
Is that better than front then? On weeks i have 2 upper days i do:

machine press and
lateral riases (3 sest each) then on other day i do

Db press (higher reps)
bent over laterals 3x8
and front raises 2x10

????

davie
It isn't the mountains ah