Author Topic: Why is Darrem Charles competing this fall?  (Read 6760 times)

Stavios

Re: Why is DARREM CHARLES competing this fall?
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2006, 10:41:39 AM »
Great !

he seems like a cool dude too and his pictures in "Machine Musculaire" look awesome

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2006, 10:57:15 AM »
As we all know through the various sources; Darrem Charles will NOT be competing in this years  MR. O
> however he has confirmed his participation in the MONTREAL PRO show just 3 weeks before the Olympia.
In your opinion, why do you think he decided to throw in his hat at this show?
The guy is already qualified for the olympia, and even though he's not doing it, why does he feel he needs to compete, especially at a show so late in the year. Is he just in the mood of competing? Does he need some cash? Or want to build up his reputation by just winning anything and everything he possibly can?

--> your thoughts...

I believe he's making a very smart decision.

He will fare much better financially by competing in shows other the the Mr. O, where all of the "top money" spots have already been decided.

Stavios

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2006, 11:13:16 AM »
I believe he's making a very smart decision.

He will fare much better financially by competing in shows other the the Mr. O, where all of the "top money" spots have already been decided.

I don't know even if he finish 7 or 8 the prize money is pretty good this year at the O

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2006, 11:17:42 AM »
Maybe, Just Maybe he feels he needs to show up Heath?!

he knows Phil is skipping the O, and going in to the spring shows.
Fact is, hes goin in on a 2-show winning streak, so i think Darrem wants to win shows like Montreal, and other smaller shows, so that he awell is on a "Hot-Streak". I would bet my money judges would take that into account, and it looks better next time Phil and Darrem meet, rather than Darrem just place 8 or 9 at the O this year...

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 05:37:29 PM »
when is the montreal show?

Stavios

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 05:48:29 PM »
september 3rd

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 06:35:16 PM »
september 3rd

I CANT WAIT!

WOLF-DILLET-CHARLES-HALEY-JonnieJACKSON-TAYLOR-GROULX-McGRATH and the new and bigger ST.CLOUD

gonna be a sick show!and it's about time...10 years to be exact! :)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 06:56:37 PM »
I can't wait. Steven and collosus in the same place ROLF!!!
just push some weight!

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 07:07:36 PM »
He's bitter since losing to Phil Heath.  He had a look of disappointment on his face at the Shawn Ray Classic, but was professional enough to shake Phil's hand despite that.

dont blame him for being bitter. he was better.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 08:32:13 PM »
As we all know through the various sources; Darrem Charles will NOT be competing in this years  MR. O
> however he has confirmed his participation in the MONTREAL PRO show just 3 weeks before the Olympia.
In your opinion, why do you think he decided to throw in his hat at this show?
The guy is already qualified for the olympia, and even though he's not doing it, why does he feel he needs to compete, especially at a show so late in the year. Is he just in the mood of competing? Does he need some cash? Or want to build up his reputation by just winning anything and everything he possibly can?

--> your thoughts...
he told me there is money to be made. i also think that he doesnt like the treatment he could get at the o. he may be sick of phil heath already.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 09:10:57 PM »
Maybe his sponcership/endorsement contracts require him to compete X amount of times per year, this is a very common requirement in these types of contracts !!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 09:25:11 PM »
As reported on PBBW earlier today...Darrem is signed, sealed, and delivered to compete in the 2006 Mr. Olympia.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 09:43:59 PM »
Intresting , considering his veiws on the show ---- but in saying that I say GOOOOOD , Darrem was certantly hard done by last year , he looked amazing and could have easily placed 2-3 places higher , and many thought so as well on the day , Good luck Darrem and I hope you get your "Just reward"

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2006, 12:11:20 AM »

Darrem Charles is going to compete in the Mr. Olympia.  It will be a nice paycheck for him wherever he places.

Darrem has a contract with Muscletech, and when you get a Muscletech contract, if you place first at any pro show, Muscletech gives you a nice earned bonus, which could be $10K or more (not sure exactly).

For Darrem to compete in the Europa Show and Montreal Show, both which he is favorites in, the payday can be quite nice, considering everything! And why not! Darrem is in shape, looked great at the Colorado and New York Pro, and if he wants to continue it, by all means go for it.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Why is Darrem Charles competing this fall?
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2006, 04:14:58 AM »
To be honest I think that the "sport" is done a disservice by having their biggest stars only appear onstage once per year.

Ronnie and Jay only appear at the O
Here comes the money shot

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2006, 09:30:43 AM »
He is a personal trainer here in my town near montreal.
each years he brings a lot of his girls to local shows. He basicly only train women for competition, since he says than the men listen to everyone and f**k everything up.

He is a cool dude and still as very impressive legs. He doesn't train anymore but I think he give 1 or 2 class of aerobic per week.

he is funny cause each time he ask me if I'll do a show soon he says: You ain't shit, I was fucking mr.universe at your age !  ;D
lmao, that's a great line. It ain't braggin when you've done it!

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2006, 12:06:57 PM »
As reported on PBBW earlier today...Darrem is signed, sealed, and delivered to compete in the 2006 Mr. Olympia.

Chick, u gonna be there at the BB.com booth?

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2006, 12:09:32 PM »
I can't wait. Steven and collosus in the same place ROLF!!!

do yourself a favor and don't show up.
spend the day in the gym, you need it. :D

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2006, 12:25:28 PM »
lol!

I've had a few private messages on this board either trying to encourage me or discourage me from using steroids.

Some seem to be suggesting that steroids cannot be moderated.  Alcohol, nicotine, and other drugs can, and I don't see why steroids cannot be.  I think Roy is proof that if you moderate them, they will have no effect on lifespan.

Stay away from alcohol, nicotine, recreational drugs and all steroids PERIOD, unless you want to destroy yourself. Natural is the only way to go; that's what true macho is. Leave the drugs for the wannabes, the depraved and those not man, and patient, enough to build their bodies the all-natural route. If you stay true to it, yourt body will hold up better and reward you over the longterm as well, and all w/o compromising your ethics one bit. Look at Ronnie, huge but with a protuberant gut. In my mind, drug use of any sort is systemic body destruction, not true bodybuilding. Cheating with banned substances is an atrocity to be scorned, not bodybuilding. Like my old pal Bill Pearl said, anytime you put something foreign into your body, you've gotta pay the price. A little bit of the right venom will still kill...
Team Goodrum!

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2006, 12:28:48 PM »
Stay alway from alcohol, nicotine, recreational drugs and steroids PERIOD, unless you want to destroy yourself. Like my old pal Bill Pearl said, anytime you put something foreign into your body, you've gotta pay the price. A little bit of the right venom will still kill...

hmm I dont know about that.  For ten years I've been smoking 2 packs of cigs a day, pot every now and then, and at least three poles a week (though depends on how much I can get out to the bars), and I aint dead...

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2006, 12:30:35 PM »
hmm I dont know about that.  For ten years I've been smoking 2 packs of cigs a day, pot every now and then, and at least three poles a week (though depends on how much I can get out to the bars), and I aint dead...

Not yet of course but your lifespan, quality of life and physique-building efforts will be compromised. I hate to see anybody undermine his own progress like that; it's tragic.
Team Goodrum!

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2006, 05:51:19 PM »

That's AWESOME! When I talked to him after the NY show he said he wasn't going to do the O. I'm glad to see he changed his mind. He's a great asset to the show.

Hopefully, he'll be judged fairly.