Author Topic: wrist pain  (Read 2785 times)

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
wrist pain
« on: July 31, 2006, 10:01:15 AM »
i broke my wrist about a year and a half ago. i just started having a real bad pain in the outer bone of my wrsit. It is where the pins came out of the other side. I have a weird bump on the bone now. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: wrist pain
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 12:59:19 AM »
i broke my wrist about a year and a half ago. i just started having a real bad pain in the outer bone of my wrsit. It is where the pins came out of the other side. I have a weird bump on the bone now. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Your going to feel a little pain for a while. It's just how the healing process works. I wouldn’t worry about it, until the pain get's intense. If you workout, just worry about working out your legs. Do whatever you can, not to aggravate your wrist. Let it heal, so you don’t have to go through that any more.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:26:16 AM »
that might be calcification on the bone.  it's gonna take some time for that to heal.  I have the same thing on (small bump) my left side from when i broke 3 ribs years back.  You should do some supplemental exercises to strengthen it.  Did you do rehab after surgery?

scooter

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:23:53 AM »
that is what i thought a (calcium deposit) no i didnt rehab(no money or ins.) that is when i started lifting i took my 1st cycle to help get it stronger what do you mean by supplemental ecercises?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 12:38:16 PM »
that is what i thought a (calcium deposit) no i didnt rehab(no money or ins.) that is when i started lifting i took my 1st cycle to help get it stronger what do you mean by supplemental ecercises?
supplemental exercises are the exercises that help strengthen the joints. 

the exercise in this diagram should give you an idea of the range of motion type stuff you should be doing.  you can do stuff like this around the house.  as your wrist gets stronger, you can incorporate more resistance type exercises, like wrist curls, or adding some type of isometric tension to the exercises in the diagram. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 12:39:46 PM »
Your doctor should have given you a list of exercises to do since you wouldn't be doing rehab.  That's messed up if he didn't. 

scooter

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 03:05:43 PM »
yea i would have thought that he would have. appreciate all the help thanks again