Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 29, 2014, 07:52:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samir Bannout  (Read 10834 times)
Drij
Getbig IV

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2006, 12:21:29 PM »

Report to moderator   Logged
njflex
Getbig V

team guido

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 07:57:47 PM »

"THE LION FROM LEBANON"

$
bmacsys
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 07:23:38 AM »

Could have been an alltime great.

The House that Ruth built
bicepsforyou
Getbig II

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 07:13:33 AM »

Damm he's ripped

"Mystery Is Life"
Jr. Yates
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 01:44:48 PM »

what do you mean could have been? He was a MR. O!

bodybuildersreality.com
Weightpit
Getbig III

Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 01:52:36 PM »

He got lucky that year......he was destroyed in every Olympia he entered after that. Roll Eyes
Jr. Yates
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 01:55:54 PM »

He got lucky that year......he was destroyed in every Olympia he entered after that. Roll Eyes
True.

bodybuildersreality.com
Sculpter
Getbig III

Getbig!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 09:09:23 AM »

Samir was the 1st Mr O that brought a christmas tree lower back to the O stage.It was because of that he was never able to reclaim the O title imo.After he brought that to the O stage the judges used future lower back condition of him as the defining factor of whether he was in shape or not.Sadly he was never able to duplicate the christmas tree lower back that won him his only Mr O title.
legbreaker
Getbig IV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 09:31:24 AM »

True.

How do you get lucky by being the best.  He was his best and clearly deserved the title...no luck involved there.
Jr. Yates
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 10:22:07 AM »

How do you get lucky by being the best.  He was his best and clearly deserved the title...no luck involved there.
I was agreeing with how he did get beaten the following years.

bodybuildersreality.com
Bodies
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 04:24:45 PM »

I would say the year he won the Mr. O he had what most people would consider a perfect body.
Jr. Yates
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »

I would say the year he won the Mr. O he had what most people would consider a perfect body.
what do you mean??

bodybuildersreality.com
GoneAway
Getbig V

Thankyou, GetBig. Time to move on at 5000.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 06:59:42 AM »

Pics!
YoungBlood
Getbig V

Weee!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:21:01 PM »

Samir was the 1st Mr O that brought a christmas tree lower back to the O stage.

Really???

Figo
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 02:09:16 AM »

Bannout had no looseness in the lower lats, spinal erectors area.

Cant compare the early 70's to 1983.

Diuretics and pharmaceutical knowledge and abuse grew in leaps and bounds in that decade.

Just like you cant compare  Bannout to Gaspari or Gaspari to Munzer.
BEAST 8692
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 04:39:45 AM »

Really???

yep, arnold definitely has a xmas tree there. that has to be about as shredded as arnold got.

apparently samir was carrying a black brief case around with him at the time he won the o. there's been a lot of conjecture about exactly what was in that brief case that may have affected his condition ie diuretics and such. samir says it was just some raisins and stuff.

one thing's for sure, he never brought that condition to any subsequent olympias and i've always wondered why?
pumpster
Getbig V

If you're reading this you have too much free time

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 10:12:09 AM »

apparently samir was carrying a black brief case around with him at the time he won the o. there's been a lot of conjecture about exactly what was in that brief case that may have affected his condition ie diuretics and such. samir says it was just some raisins and stuff.

one thing's for sure, he never brought that condition to any subsequent olympias and i've always wondered why?

Something tells me "beastiality" knows this from following him around. Undecided
BEAST 8692
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 10:56:14 AM »

Something tells me "beastiality" knows this from following him around. Undecided

run along now little troll. this section is for grownups only.

off you go back to the ronnie adoration thread with your jar of vaseline. quick, a new picture of ronnie might be posted with his briefs up his ass. we know you love those ones.
Hurricane Beef !
Getbig IV

Mogulgangi is INSIGHT!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 04:57:33 PM »

yep, arnold definitely has a xmas tree there. that has to be about as shredded as arnold got.

I recall reading that at the 80 Olympia Samir screwed up his diuretic protocol and began to pass unreal amounts of water. Mike Mentzer was approached and took some Potassium to Samir and it was said saved him.

The Beef
BEAST 8692
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 09:13:41 AM »

I recall reading that at the 80 Olympia Samir screwed up his diuretic protocol and began to pass unreal amounts of water. Mike Mentzer was approached and took some Potassium to Samir and it was said saved him.

The Beef

hadn't heard that one. maybe, after being spooked like this, samir just wasn't prepared to go take those measures again and thus the reason he never attained that condition again.
Hurricane Beef !
Getbig IV

Mogulgangi is INSIGHT!!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 09:50:05 AM »

I read it in an old M&F, have a look back atthe 80 Olympia issues and post it. It was a good read.

The Beef
Sergio Rules 77
Getbig III

Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 11:15:24 PM »

Could have been an alltime great.

As far as I'm concerned if you win an O, you deserve to be called an all time great. Unless your surname is Cutler Grin

SERGIO!!!!!

Ugh, my retirement grease
americanbulldog
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 12:38:40 AM »

82-83 Samir looked phenomenal.  When I finally met him, though, his personality did not reflect the man I thought he was.  He was hooching all the women at Gold's Gym Honolulu, and treated people poorly.  The front desk manager nicknamed him Slimer Bannout.  Nourdine was hella cool, though.  Great physique. 
Sergio Rules 77
Getbig III

Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 03:12:21 PM »

When I finally met him, though, his personality did not reflect the man I thought he was.  He was hooching all the women at Gold's Gym Honolulu, and treated people poorly.  The front desk manager nicknamed him Slimer Bannout.  Nourdine was hella cool, though.

That doesn't surprise me. When I watched him pose I thought that he seemed like a really nice guy. Then I got the Superstars of Muscle video that focuses on the lead up to the 1990 Olympia and I noticed a few things in the vid that made me think he was a little bit arrogant. Like his now ex-wife talking about how she cooks all his food and makes sure it's prepared exactly how he likes it. She comes across like he sought of demands it of her. Just my opinion though.

SERGIO!!!!!

Ugh, my retirement grease
Figo
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 06:46:49 AM »

Was the shit in 83, but thereafter looked like shit, but still thought of himself as the shit.

Whenever anyone said anything critical regarding him, the automatic retort was:
"Who is he, what does he know, what has he done, I'm Samir Bannout, I'm Mr Olympia, he's nothing"... arrogant? No, just deluded and living in 1983.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!