Author Topic: Samir Bannout  (Read 21618 times)

Drij

• Getbig IV
Samir Bannout
« on: July 31, 2006, 12:21:29 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Samir Bannout
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 07:57:47 PM »
"THE LION FROM LEBANON"

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 07:23:38 AM »

Could have been an alltime great.
The House that Ruth built

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 07:13:33 AM »
Damm he's ripped
"Mystery Is Life"

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 01:44:48 PM »
what do you mean could have been? He was a MR. O!
bodybuildersreality.com

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 01:52:36 PM »
He got lucky that year......he was destroyed in every Olympia he entered after that. ::)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 01:55:54 PM »
He got lucky that year......he was destroyed in every Olympia he entered after that. ::)
True.
bodybuildersreality.com

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 09:09:23 AM »
Samir was the 1st Mr O that brought a christmas tree lower back to the O stage.It was because of that he was never able to reclaim the O title imo.After he brought that to the O stage the judges used future lower back condition of him as the defining factor of whether he was in shape or not.Sadly he was never able to duplicate the christmas tree lower back that won him his only Mr O title.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 09:31:24 AM »
True.

How do you get lucky by being the best.  He was his best and clearly deserved the title...no luck involved there.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 10:22:07 AM »
How do you get lucky by being the best.  He was his best and clearly deserved the title...no luck involved there.
I was agreeing with how he did get beaten the following years.
bodybuildersreality.com

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 04:24:45 PM »
I would say the year he won the Mr. O he had what most people would consider a perfect body.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »
I would say the year he won the Mr. O he had what most people would consider a perfect body.
what do you mean??
bodybuildersreality.com

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 06:59:42 AM »

Pics!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 03:21:01 PM »
Samir was the 1st Mr O that brought a christmas tree lower back to the O stage.

Really???

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 01:09:16 AM »
Bannout had no looseness in the lower lats, spinal erectors area.

Cant compare the early 70's to 1983.

Diuretics and pharmaceutical knowledge and abuse grew in leaps and bounds in that decade.

Just like you cant compare  Bannout to Gaspari or Gaspari to Munzer.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 03:39:45 AM »
Really???

yep, arnold definitely has a xmas tree there. that has to be about as shredded as arnold got.

apparently samir was carrying a black brief case around with him at the time he won the o. there's been a lot of conjecture about exactly what was in that brief case that may have affected his condition ie diuretics and such. samir says it was just some raisins and stuff.

one thing's for sure, he never brought that condition to any subsequent olympias and i've always wondered why?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 09:12:09 AM »
apparently samir was carrying a black brief case around with him at the time he won the o. there's been a lot of conjecture about exactly what was in that brief case that may have affected his condition ie diuretics and such. samir says it was just some raisins and stuff.

one thing's for sure, he never brought that condition to any subsequent olympias and i've always wondered why?

Something tells me "beastiality" knows this from following him around. :-\

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 09:56:14 AM »
Something tells me "beastiality" knows this from following him around. :-\

run along now little troll. this section is for grownups only.

off you go back to the ronnie adoration thread with your jar of vaseline. quick, a new picture of ronnie might be posted with his briefs up his ass. we know you love those ones.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 03:57:33 PM »
yep, arnold definitely has a xmas tree there. that has to be about as shredded as arnold got.

I recall reading that at the 80 Olympia Samir screwed up his diuretic protocol and began to pass unreal amounts of water. Mike Mentzer was approached and took some Potassium to Samir and it was said saved him.

The Beef

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 08:13:41 AM »
I recall reading that at the 80 Olympia Samir screwed up his diuretic protocol and began to pass unreal amounts of water. Mike Mentzer was approached and took some Potassium to Samir and it was said saved him.

The Beef

hadn't heard that one. maybe, after being spooked like this, samir just wasn't prepared to go take those measures again and thus the reason he never attained that condition again.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 08:50:05 AM »
I read it in an old M&F, have a look back atthe 80 Olympia issues and post it. It was a good read.

The Beef

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 10:15:24 PM »
Could have been an alltime great.

As far as I'm concerned if you win an O, you deserve to be called an all time great. Unless your surname is Cutler ;D

SERGIO!!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 11:38:40 PM »

82-83 Samir looked phenomenal.  When I finally met him, though, his personality did not reflect the man I thought he was.  He was hooching all the women at Gold's Gym Honolulu, and treated people poorly.  The front desk manager nicknamed him Slimer Bannout.  Nourdine was hella cool, though.  Great physique. 

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 02:12:21 PM »
When I finally met him, though, his personality did not reflect the man I thought he was.  He was hooching all the women at Gold's Gym Honolulu, and treated people poorly.  The front desk manager nicknamed him Slimer Bannout.  Nourdine was hella cool, though.

That doesn't surprise me. When I watched him pose I thought that he seemed like a really nice guy. Then I got the Superstars of Muscle video that focuses on the lead up to the 1990 Olympia and I noticed a few things in the vid that made me think he was a little bit arrogant. Like his now ex-wife talking about how she cooks all his food and makes sure it's prepared exactly how he likes it. She comes across like he sought of demands it of her. Just my opinion though.

SERGIO!!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 05:46:49 AM »
Was the shit in 83, but thereafter looked like shit, but still thought of himself as the shit.

Whenever anyone said anything critical regarding him, the automatic retort was:
"Who is he, what does he know, what has he done, I'm Samir Bannout, I'm Mr Olympia, he's nothing"... arrogant? No, just deluded and living in 1983.