Author Topic: first day of dc  (Read 3086 times)

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
first day of dc
« on: August 01, 2006, 09:52:38 AM »
yesterday was my first day or dc training and it was brutal. im looking forward to seeing what happens after the next 8 weeks. im keeping track of weights and progress. but the workout is def different and hardcore.( 25 second break in between, i had a spotter so he helped the weight on the last rep i went to failure on every exercise)

incline bench press. 245 x 12, 8, 4.
standing military press 185 x 11, 8, 6
skull crushers 45's on each side x 10, 6, 4
wide grip pull ups bw x 12, 9, 7
barbell rows 120 x 15, 11, 8
decline sit ups with 35ilb weight x 15, 15, 11

my chest and back are killing me today. the only thing i dont like about the workout is im weaker on certain lifts like skull crushers and pullups. i can usualy do more but i take longer breaks in between and do those exercises first. the short breaks makes the workout very intense.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Re: first day of dc
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 10:03:54 AM »
yesterday was my first day or dc training and it was brutal. im looking forward to seeing what happens after the next 8 weeks. im keeping track of weights and progress. but the workout is def different and hardcore.( 25 second break in between, i had a spotter so he helped the weight on the last rep i went to failure on every exercise)

incline bench press. 245 x 12, 8, 4.
standing military press 185 x 11, 8, 6
skull crushers 45's on each side x 10, 6, 4
wide grip pull ups bw x 12, 9, 7
barbell rows 120 x 15, 11, 8
decline sit ups with 35ilb weight x 15, 15, 11

my chest and back are killing me today. the only thing i dont like about the workout is im weaker on certain lifts like skull crushers and pullups. i can usualy do more but i take longer breaks in between and do those exercises first. the short breaks makes the workout very intense.

here's what you should do-in my opinion.  increase the weight so your rep total is about 12-15, if it's 12 keep the weight the same until you can hit 15-18 reps and then up it.  Rest should be 12 deep breaths if you want to get technical but 25 seconds shoulld be ok to start with but work on the breathing.  You kinda want to keep you're rest periods at 20 seconds so work towards that.  Don't RP back thickness, do one heavy set for 4-6 reps and then 1 for 8-12 to start and then see how it works and go from there. 
nasser=piece of shit

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 10:12:55 AM »
thanxs i wasnt very clear on it before but that makes more since now so i think i could do something like
265 x 6, 4, 2. that would be better than teh 245 x 12, 8, 4.
thanxs for your advice

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 10:17:25 AM »
don't RP quads either.......read up on the calf training...do the stretches...statics all that good stuff.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 04:40:24 PM »
I think you're off to a good start and should be getting crazy strength and size gains. Keep it up!
just push some weight!

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 05:27:18 PM »
thanxs alex

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 07:12:36 PM »
today was day 2 of dc, yesterday i did cardio on my off day from lifting. i ran 3.5 mile soutside. it took me 30 minutes.

today i did
squats 275 x 15, 12, 7 ( i go ass to the ground but my squat is very weak i am trying to bring it up without loosing any form)
leg curl 160 x 10, 8, 6
standing barbell curl 115 x 10, 5, 2 ( did not think i would get 10 on the first set)
hammer curls 55 x 12, 9, 8
seated calf raises 3 plates x 30, 22, 14.
barbell shrugs 315 x 12, 8, 5

for abs i did
a super set of hanging leg raises and decline sit ups with a 35ilb plate. looked like this
15 leg raises x 20 sit ups
12 leg raises x 12 sit ups
8 leg raises x 10 sit ups
5 leg raises x 6 sit ups

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 05:00:40 AM »
one of the things that is always preached by Dante and other DC experts is that you should never RP quads or back thickness.  the reasoning is that, especially on squats, you're going to end up breaking form and hurting yourself.  I'd change the order that your hitting the bodyparts in to bi's, forearms, calfs, quads and then hamstrings.  I'd also try to do one heavy set for quads, using weitht that you can get about 4-8 reps with and then follow it by a 20 repper using your favorite quad movement.  Lots of quys use squats for the 20 repper but my low back is trashed so I use the leg press, it does not matter as long as you work hard.

Calfs seem off to me, dc calf training is brutal.  Start in the top position, 5 second negative and stretch at the bottom for 15 seconds and then explode to the top, one straight set.  If you're not doing them this way drop the weight and give it a try.  If I ever give up dc training I'll always train my calfs this way because it's by far the most effective calf training program I've ever been on. 

Nothing else seems out of the ordinary to me, are you doing a nice controlled negative?  You should be able to stop the weight during the negative protion of the movement if you had to.  It sounds dumb when you first hear it but once you start concentrating on tht aspect it makes the set alot harder.
nasser=piece of shit

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 06:43:02 AM »
DC is on steroids. why would you do that type of training when you're not?

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 07:23:21 AM »
because i was doing my old split for over a year and wanted to try something new and intense, ill try it for a while and if i dont notice any gains ill switch back.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 07:25:17 AM »
ya im doing the negative. well the thruth is i have strong calves i did the negative at the bottom, i didnt know it was 15 seconds tho. i just paused for 2-3, ill try the 15. thanxs for all the help

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 07:39:31 AM »
DC is on steroids. why would you do that type of training when you're not?

One of the main aspect of DC training and why I believe it is effective for the natural athlete is because it focuses on recovery.  You're only training 3 days a week, very short intense workouts.  Using the blast/cruise technique you can pretty much tailor the routine to match your recovery ability.  If I blast for 6 weeks beating all of my old lifts and then I hit a wall I can cruise for 2 weeks and pick it back up.  This is pretty effective.

I think it's smarter to try something like this than all the BS routines that flex magazine pushes every month.
nasser=piece of shit

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 09:50:48 AM »
i agree or at least do a routine that revolves around getting stronger. i like powerbuilding because most the people in my gym are never getting stronger, Ive noticed that with strength comes size. most bodybuilders start off as powerlifters anyways. i say stick to the basic compound lifts and you will gain size. things like squats, bench, deads, clings, pullups, dips, rows, military press, shrugs, leg press, these will all make you huge. top many people are afraid to do hard exercise and thus suffer from it in there physique