Author Topic: Paper, Rock, Scissors on ESPN...  (Read 3499 times)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
Paper, Rock, Scissors on ESPN...
« on: August 04, 2006, 02:22:54 PM »
I know this topic has been discussed before, but this has to be a new low.  Last week I was watching some late night TV and I turned to ESPN to catch some baseball scores, and here they have a whole special on the new "craze" that's sweeping the nation--Paper, rock, scissors televised competitions.  I kept thinking, bodybuilding is for freaks but this is completely normal!!?  What the hell is a competition like that doing on a sports channel anyways?  At least bodybuilders can make a case for being athletes.  They train and push themselves physically.  This is ridiculous.  Seriously, which sounds weirder---telling somebody you pay the rent by bodybuilding or by competing in paper, rock, scissors?  Yet STILL bodybuilding is still not supposedly ready for the mainstream media.  They even let these guys smoke and drink beer during the competitions!  Can bodybuilding get any less respect at this point? 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Paper, Rock, Scissors on ESPN...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »
I know this topic has been discussed before, but this has to be a new low.  Last week I was watching some late night TV and I turned to ESPN to catch some baseball scores, and here they have a whole special on the new "craze" that's sweeping the nation--Paper, rock, scissors televised competitions.  I kept thinking, bodybuilding is for freaks but this is completely normal!!?  What the hell is a competition like that doing on a sports channel anyways?  At least bodybuilders can make a case for being athletes.  They train and push themselves physically.  This is ridiculous.  Seriously, which sounds weirder---telling somebody you pay the rent by bodybuilding or by competing in paper, rock, scissors?  Yet STILL bodybuilding is still not supposedly ready for the mainstream media.  They even let these guys smoke and drink beer during the competitions!  Can bodybuilding get any less respect at this point? 

Are there schmoe's following the Rock, Paper and Scissors contestants? Do they participate in gay for pay? Does their life revolve around illegal drugs?

Clearly Rock, Paper and Scissors isn't a sport but bodybuilding isn't exactly a mainstream activity either.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 02:30:42 PM »
Are there schmoe's following the Rock, Paper and Scissors contestants? Do they participate in gay for pay? Does their life revolve around illegal drugs?

Clearly Rock, Paper and Scissors isn't a sport but bodybuilding isn't exactly a mainstream activity either.

That would be a perfect argument if it had been televised on, say, MTV or something, but THIS IS A SPORTS CHANNEL.  Or at least a channel that focuses on athletes or physical activity.  Granted, bodybuilding has its dark side, but it's much more closer to sport than rock paper scissors.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 03:41:28 PM »
What's real funny is that this is way more exciting than bodybuilding.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 08:44:08 PM »
Are there schmoe's following the Rock, Paper and Scissors contestants?

If there are female RPS competitors with great biceps or forearms, believe me, the schmoes are already on the case.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 08:47:09 PM »
Chicks dig the Paper, Rock, Scissor beasts of the world.
LOL

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 08:48:29 PM »
You gotta be kidding me. RPS? I thought Poker, Darts and Dominoes on TV was dumb..............now this shit?
HAHA, RON.....

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 09:00:23 PM »
You gotta be kidding me. RPS? I thought Poker, Darts and Dominoes on TV was dumb..............now this shit?

Yep, there scraping the bottom of the barrel for programming content.

Can tiddly wink competitions be far off?

Tap Out

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 09:01:56 PM »
let's not forget espn also shows spelling bees, cup stacking, and hot dog eating contests.  those are some amazing atheletes in those contests. ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 09:06:01 PM »
let's not forget espn also shows spelling bees, cup stacking, and hot dog eating contests.  those are some amazing atheletes in those contests. ::)

Yet NO bodybuilding.  What does that say

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 09:07:48 PM »

What the hell is cup stacking?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 09:30:12 PM »

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 09:31:23 PM »
It's official, I've seen it all. What's next, dishwashing competitions?

Thats been done ages ago

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 09:52:25 PM »
the whole "bodybuilding is not a sport because espn doesn't cover it" is now out the window 8)

E
E

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 09:57:37 PM »
the whole "bodybuilding is not a sport because espn doesn't cover it" is now out the window 8)

E

You're right Earl.

Alas, bodybuilding still isn't a sport.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 09:59:24 PM »
according to dictionary.com it is 8)

E

E

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 10:01:50 PM »
according to dictionary.com it is 8)

E

sport   Audio pronunciation of "sport" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (spôrt, sprt)
n.

1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
         2. A particular form of this activity.
   2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
   3. An active pastime; recreation.
   4. 1. Mockery; jest

Shit, you're right earl!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 10:17:45 PM »
typical assclown move totally ignoring the other three that fit bodybuilding ::)

E

E

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 05:18:02 AM »
..and they still have a disdain for bodybuilding because of steroid use. Unlike baseball, cycling, football, track and field which we know are ALL squeaky clean!
F--K espn!! >:(

2 times!