Author Topic: Does anybody actually wait a certain time between sets????  (Read 2931 times)

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Does anybody actually wait a certain time between sets????
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 03:16:26 PM »
Why in the world would a 2 to 3 minute break, between sets, cause a muscle group to be more proned to injury? That really sounds unfounded and goes against established training logic. The body will "cool down" (meaning, returning to a normal static function) slowly, given the amount and length of stress involved. It can be a matter of  the heart rate, breathing, body temp, etc as it is the CNS it's self (the chief factor) returning to a normal state.. And this may be gaged on hours, rather than a few minutes time. Most strength athletes can take hours to finish a workout. Having spaces of 15 to 20 minures, or more, between training lifts. And more even between the ne
xt exercise.

Listening to one's body is not always the best idea for setting a workout pace. The body tends to lasp into periods of taking longer time between efforts, wheither we are aware of it or not. For BB'ing, a steady pace is required. That original idea of a 45 minute workout can turn into an hour and a half of gym time, if time is allowed to get away from us. That's when a stop watch comes in handy when training. Good Luck.

andre90

• Getbig II
  • We Gone Make IT.
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 03:31:40 PM »
hmm 30 seconds to 45 seconds nothing more tho.
cutting for mr.getbig 2.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 06:00:57 PM »
Just wondering myself cause in Arny's book he talks about waiting like no longer than 2 minute rest periods. Just wandering how u guys go about that.  ???

As soon as I catch my breath I do another set which I guess is the same as the guys who stated that when your heartrate gets back to normal you do another set. It can be 15 seconds working a small muscle like triceps or a minute or two between sets of squats or leg presses. I haven't done heavy leg work since the early 90's after suffering a couple injuries that required surgury. I train alone. The years I had a training partner it was when one guy completed a set the other guy started his.
The House that Ruth built

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2006, 07:54:09 PM »
Quote from: Jr. Franco on August 08, 2006, 01:19:01 AM
Just wondering myself cause in Arny's book he talks about waiting like no longer than 2 minute rest periods. Just wandering how u guys go about that.

Longer rests don't stimulate the system the same way plus longer rests diminishes the pump and increases the chance of injury.