Author Topic: Try this  (Read 2475 times)

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
Try this
« on: August 08, 2006, 05:31:35 AM »
Last night my training partner and i had an awesome leg work out - 30 sets of squats. It was only 290lbs [monster weight etc etc] but every set to FAILURE. After 17 i was dry heaving, and i actually puked at 24! First time thats ever happened to me in the gym! My training partner was so tired he couldn't walk to his car and his gf had to come and pick him up, ha ha ha. This morning my legs feel horrible, i'm walking like a cripple [no offense to any reading this]. How the fuck Platz could do shit like every week is beyond me - he must have been truly hardcore. I'm now going to incorperate this style of training into my routine once evey week, but a different bodypart each time [deads for back, incline press for chest, ez curls for biceps, skull crushers for triceps, behind the neck press for shoulders]. Its vital that you go to failure each time, otherwise its just crappy volume training. And you def need a training partner.

Who thinks they have the balls to train like this? Modify the weight depending on your strength and experiance but give it a go. Its a world away from the usual 3 sets of squats, 3 sets leg press, 3 sets leg extensions that you girls usually train like!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Try this
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 06:33:14 AM »
whats the point
Z

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 06:45:31 AM »
Don't believe everything you read in the magazines thast just crazy
Money drugs and bitches

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 07:44:07 AM »
LOL! 30 sets of squats in one day?! Do you have health insurance?
follow the arrows

SuperMike3288

• Getbig III
  • Up, up, and away!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 08:06:44 AM »
I'm up for training 'hardcore' and trying new ways of lifting but it seems to me if you a natural that's a pretty good way to either overtrain or hurt/tear a muscle.
Intensity; the measure of man

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 09:08:44 AM »
They post false things about pro BB all the time! I've read stuff on Dave Draper, than when I asked him about it he's like what ??? I never did that ;D The Mags want u to fail anyways, it keeps u on the hook so they can sell u more stuff! Same go's with the media in general the more confused and insecure u are the easier it is to control you ;)
P

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »
whats the point
We wanted to take training to an extreme level - how many people can say they've actually puked in the gym? It will work out that we'll do this for legs once every six weeks. I hate to use 'flex' type terminology, but we're hoping it will shock the legs into growth. Apart from anything, its really good fun!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 12:05:16 PM »
We wanted to take training to an extreme level - how many people can say they've actually puked in the gym? It will work out that we'll do this for legs once every six weeks. I hate to use 'flex' type terminology, but we're hoping it will shock the legs into growth. Apart from anything, its really good fun!
puking is almost a guaruntee on leg day....and i've never done 30 sets of squats. I've puked training "like the girls" (4 sets of squats, 4 sets of leg presses, etc) Back day is another guaruntee puke day due to such heavy weights for high reps with lots of drops. but i don't walk in the gym to do 30 sets of one excersise to accomplish a "spit up". Im sure it was hard but personally i don' t think that was a bodybuliders leg workout.
bodybuildersreality.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 12:13:41 PM »

i've puked outside of the gym
Z

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 03:42:38 PM »
I still cant believe how retarded that idea is.
follow the arrows

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 04:36:38 PM »
Puking is great. Its a way your body is telling you that you have broken a physical capacity for lactic acid.  I have noticed that when doing a workout that results in puking, my recovery yeilds greater growth, and my body is adapting.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 07:04:21 AM »
I guess if it works go for it...your knees will hate you very soon though.

Google "Beyond failure [demon] training"...that is some insane workouts that will make you sick. i tried it for 6 weeks and made gains but all my joints ached really bad.

8)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 07:37:41 AM »
I guess if it works go for it...your knees will hate you very soon though.

Google "Beyond failure [demon] training"...that is some insane workouts that will make you sick. i tried it for 6 weeks and made gains but all my joints ached really bad.

8)

Trevor Smith, the guy who came up with BFT training hade some totally interesting theories...awsome reads.

I'd never do 30 sets of anything....my CNS would be screwed for days.
nasser=piece of shit

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 08:14:38 AM »
Trevor Smith, the guy who came up with BFT training hade some totally interesting theories...awsome reads.

I'd never do 30 sets of anything....my CNS would be screwed for days.

Yup, that's the guy...i believe he is no longer with us but he had some very interesting training and dieting articles.

8)

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 12:15:49 PM »
nasser=piece of shit

SuperMike3288

• Getbig III
  • Up, up, and away!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »
What did he pass away from?
Intensity; the measure of man

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 06:07:18 PM »
What did he pass away from?

I think he may have killed himself....I don't know for sure...he was a really smart guy, it's a shame. :'( :'( :'(
nasser=piece of shit

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 06:20:06 PM »
In regards to this post I'm just curious who here has heard of the Austrian Blitz in which relates to one of Arnolds workouts.  Here's the link if you haven't it somewhat supports UK GOLD and is also pretty damn intersting     http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/austrian_blitz_.htm

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 07:03:16 AM »
I think he may have killed himself....

I heard the same but we don't really know....

8)