Author Topic: Board Member's History/Stats  (Read 53674 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Board Member's History/Stats
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2006, 04:14:48 PM »
I've had girls run away once they found out. But this is something that I try to keep to myself as much as I can. As for my family, my parents asked me about it earlier this year, and I told them the straight truth. To my suprise they did not flip out. Concerned? A little, but that is to be expected. Over-all they have become very supportive of my goals, which is something I am very thankfull for.

Beener

• Getbig IV
Re: Why we all do what we do . . .
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2006, 08:30:14 PM »

Perfect answer mem.

I'll be honest though, ever since I've made BB my lifestyle, and BTW, I hate that word "lifestyle", I've found it increasingly difficult to create a meaningfull relationship with too many women. Yes, I can get dates, but I've gotten to a place in my own life where dating just for the sake of dating is just not really worth the time. I prefer cultivating a meaningful relationship, but with the way I live, this can be extremely hard on a lot of women. Even with an explanation like the one mem gave his girl friend, a lot of women can not accept the way I live. Now I'll say this, I truly believe that I treat all women with respect, and if I am in a relationship with them, then I feel that I treat them very well, but when BB is such a large part of your life, even the best treatment in the world is sometimes not enough. I used to say that I would never let BB define my life, but if I am honest with my self, then that statement would be false. It is something that has affected every aspect of my life and I for one believe that it's affect has been 100% positive. I'm certain that eventually I'll find or meet a woman who can fully accept and support what I do, but until that time I refuse to settle or alter the best part of my life. Sure, there are times when the way I live can get a little lonely and that's fine...women come and go, but my passion for this support remains the same.

Hey there AJR,  I was wonderin what exactly about bodybuilding has bad affects on relationships?  Anal eating and stuff? Drug use? Accidentally crushing her wiht your massive strength?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2006, 09:52:36 PM »
Hey there AJR,  I was wonderin what exactly about bodybuilding has bad affects on relationships?  Anal eating and stuff? Drug use? Accidentally crushing her wiht your massive strength?
Every thing about...it takes a special woman to understand and be supportive of this sort of thing...at least in my opinion it does. The eating habits, the time spent in the gym, the money spent on food, supplements, everything about it can really put stress on a relationship.

Think of it this way. How many girls do you know, who would allow you to be involved with other women at the same time you're involved with them? Very, very few. BB is a lot like that...it becomes sort of a mistress, but unlike a mistress who remains hidden, it rears its head on a daily basis, over and over and over again.

The biggest thing though is time. I get off work and go straight to the gym. A lot of women prefer their man spending time with them when the work is over, and this can get very irritating. Sure a lot of women are fine with not being with there man every minute of every day, I mean really, who wants that anyway, but when it is an every day thing, most can't or rather they won't tolerate it.

Then throw in a contest diet...you talk about adding fuel to the fire. For example, girl friend wants to go out, your answer, "sorry baby, I got to eat again in 30min." Her replie, "but you just ate like an hour and a half ago." Then there are nights you do go out, she sits there with a nice meal, you sit there sipping on water and a small lettuce salad with no dressing...for some reason this pisses a lot of women off. Of course to make matters worse, half way into the meal you either go out to the car and eat your cold chicken breast and steamed broccoli or you announce to her that it's time to go because it's eating time again. Or she wants to go out and stay out late, your replie, "sorry, I've got to sleep, I've got cardio at 5:00a.m."

The ticket is to find someone who is supportive and understanding of all this, and those women are rare. I think that's why you see so many BB's who are in relationships with women who are competitors themselves, because it is so much easier when there is a common intrest and a common understanding. Obviously this does not allways work out either...just ask Lee Priest about it.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2006, 10:56:16 PM »
just ask Lee Priest about it.
I did a while back. lee knows how to make ya feel better about that stuff. Same with Ar.Jr. They've both been through it.
bodybuildersreality.com

BigIronMike25

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2006, 07:36:03 AM »
I've lost some girlfriends as well as friends over bodybuilding.  a lot of them i lost during my last contest prep of about 20 weeks.  what we do is unheard of to some people...they think we dont have a life...heres what i say , its better to spend alll your available time towards your passion than to waste your live away by constant partying, drinkin, druggin etc. 

99% of people will never ever understand the way we live this sport.  I always had to date athletes just bc i thought girls who compete would understand, even those relationships failed.  Luckily the Lord has blessed me with a life partner that truly supports what i do and what i want to accomplish.  She knows about my AAS use and has never complained or questioned me about it (though dumass gregg valentino's show scared her).  She cooks for me, and even diets with me when its time.  We have at times scuffled about how much $$$ it costs for me to compete in this sport, which i understand. 

The bottom line is that most women are so self-conscious about their looks that they find it extremely intimidating / irritating when they meet a guy who plays a game that is based soley on appearance!  If you find a woman who is supportive of your bb goals you better never let her get away bc they are indeed FEW and FAR between.  As bodybuilders we will get attn from women all the time and girls will come and go but if you've got someone who supports your goals thats reallly all you need

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2006, 01:27:15 PM »
Mike, thats awesome that you have that. Im happy for you man. Keep reaching for the dream.
bodybuildersreality.com

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2006, 01:56:09 PM »
You and me both bro...it's one of the greatest most addicting things on earth!

Agreed.

BigIronMike25

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2006, 06:37:18 AM »
Mike, thats awesome that you have that. Im happy for you man. Keep reaching for the dream.

thanks Baby Yates keep poundin bro!

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2006, 12:58:18 AM »
I've lost some girlfriends as well as friends over bodybuilding.  a lot of them i lost during my last contest prep of about 20 weeks.  what we do is unheard of to some people...they think we dont have a life...heres what i say , its better to spend alll your available time towards your passion than to waste your live away by constant partying, drinkin, druggin etc. 

Well said, Mike. It is indeed better to spend all your time fulfilling your passion than wondering about not knowing wtf you're living for. Have you bros notices how people who don't really have any freewill-produced goal/passion in life simply paraphrase banal statements that thery heard from other people countless of times (i.e. no thoughts of their own) or simply critisize everything and everyone...

Max respect to those who live their passions, whether its bbing, business, or simply studying bugs.

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2006, 10:07:33 AM »
Only child.
Son a sea captain and lecturer.
Brought up by a broken family since 8.
Grown up in a fishing town, always surrounded by the sea.
Swam competitively during high school. Took up spearfishing, golf and tennis.
Gave up golf and tennis before leaving high school
Studied Laboratory Science for 3 years after leaving high school
Worked a number of shit jobs till I was 22. Bakeries, factorys, labouring, forklift driver.
Studied at college to work at sea as a seafarer.
Now working as a seafarer in the oil and gas, 5 weeks on, 5 weeks off.
A mate I knew since I was 12 started training at 17 and putting on size. So, I decided to give it a shot. I was 177cm and 65 kg, pretty scrawny but not lean either. I didnt really stick at it and gave up after a month. 6 months later I tried again. 2 years later I'd put on 40kgs of mass. I'd overtaken my mate who'd been training for more than double the time as me, nearly 5 years. In nine months my deadlift went from one plate to four and squat from 50kg to 150kg, and these were from first doing the exercises. Funny, only had stretch marks on the back of my legs, no where else. I was natural and still am. I only started working away a year ago, and there's no gym out there, but Im still making progress, the weights are still going up. I rarely drink alcohol, and have never used drugs.

At the moment Im just focusing on career, and bodybuilding. Im relocating from Australia to Europe, dunno where yet. I am aiming to compete in 2 or 3 years and give more and more to bodybuilding. Im changing companys so I can work on a vessel or installation that accomodate a gym.

The aim is to succeed. When Im away for 4 weeks, all I'll do is work and train. When Im home I will train and relax. In 7 years I will be a Master Mariner, and hopefully at least won a Amatuer Comp.

The only person that can stop me acquiring the above is myself. I've always believed in my own potential, and my outlook on life is positive, I avoid negativity in any form.

I just turned 23.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2006, 10:29:02 AM »
Random question here guys, I hope this doesn't affect the thread or insult any of you. How many of you guys have told your spouce/girlfriend about juice use, or family like parents,siblings, or aunts. have any of you ever had some serious problems??

My wife knows I use gear. My mother & sister know I use gear as well. I've also discussed gear usage (mine included) with a few friends. I haven't gotten any negative feedback. However, even though my wife doesn't mind I wouldn't want her coming home & finding me sticking myself (that might make her freak & change her tune).

D-bol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2006, 02:41:10 AM »
Im 26yo, 210pnds, 178cm tall.
At school played rugby, soccer, field athletics, and ran alot.
At 18 started powerlifting - coach was an intl champ.
Switched to bbing at 19...
Big brake in training from 23 to 25 cuz of work, travel, relationships. Lost about 45 pounds but gained some fat too. Smoked aand drank regularly. Bbing seemed like a thing of the past then...
At 25 picked up regular training. Gained 60 pounds since then w/ good strenght gains and moderate fat loss. All natural since then.

My wife knows I used. Had to tell her before we decided on a baby. Btw, bros...if you have problem accomodating your bbing with relationship - very effective way is to have a baby. Once she has that little angel in her arms she'll ''forget'' about you for quite a while and you can focus on your goals. A case with me, anyways. Otherwise yeah, I know how it is w/ women and bb. Likely I'm not competing nor planning to (I do this for myslef and for the love of it) - so very strict diets and stuff is not an issue. Only thing she complains about is that we had to change my wardrobe about 3 times in the last year, and I can't ware some of the suits and shirts that are still pretty new - moeny well wasted, lol:)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2006, 02:04:35 PM »
Only thing she complains about is that we had to change my wardrobe about 3 times in the last year, and I can't ware some of the suits and shirts that are still pretty new - moeny well wasted, lol:)

haha! that's awesome! so you told her when the baby plans were in store? did she react ok or mad that you had it a secret or anything?
bodybuildersreality.com

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2006, 09:37:21 PM »
Every thing about...it takes a special woman to understand and be supportive of this sort of thing...

Someone who is very secure with themselves.

Someday when it's not time to sleep, I'll come back to this thread  ;)

Every time I try to post in this forum, the site locks up ???

:

D-bol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2006, 02:09:32 AM »
haha! that's awesome! so you told her when the baby plans were in store? did she react ok or mad that you had it a secret or anything?

she reacted ok...she just said that I should get bloodwork done before we implement the plan for a baby. I knew she was worried, but after all the though she was relieved.:)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2006, 06:57:59 PM »
she reacted ok...she just said that I should get bloodwork done before we implement the plan for a baby. I knew she was worried, but after all the though she was relieved.:)
wow thats good. I know most girls are scared about how your "mood" is going to be and they all seem to think its going to affect the size of your penis and stuff like that.  Mostly because they only know and understand very little about it.
bodybuildersreality.com

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »
Here goes my story,

Was the oldest boy in the family when my dad passed away...I was 6.  Needless to say it was a hard childhood for me and my family, I had to grow up way too fast and missed a lot of important things in life.  We did the best we could and things were not all bad.

In school I matured early, first kid with facial hair and that kind of stuff.  I was strong and ahead of my peers in athletic ability mostly because I was stronger, faster. Top homerun hitter in baseball and made the first string in football freshman year, having never played organized football till then.  About year or so later started to find out about drinking and getting high and pretty much wasted my chances of doing anything in sports and I didn't care at that time. I was into motorcycles since I was 13 and bought my first new motocross race bike at age 15, I raced MX for about 3 years in the 125 class, I loved it and was still getting stoned all the time.

Being lost after high school I joined the air force where I was a crew chief on F-4 phantoms.  It was a very cool job that I could never have experienced anywhere else.  I had so much responsibility at such a young age.  As the crew chief it is your job to ensure the jet is ready to fly and when you strap those pilots in and send them out you damn well better be sure it is.  I was an awesome crew chief as I'm very good at mechanics, lots had to come from rebuilding my MX bikes.  I graduated AF tech school with honors and was the best damn crew chief the AF ever had :)

After I got out in 85 after 4 years the job market in the airline industry was very flat so there were no jobs.  I became a union carpenter and started to make some pretty decent money.  I hated the job though so I was going to school part time for my degree in Safety Engineering.  The government cause I was a veteran paid my way through school so that was cool.

At this time I started to look at myself and thought damn I have some decent muscle size right now.....I should work out and do something with this, cause I was kind of chubby then (nice way of saying fat) and was sick of it and knew i had some potential, plus I knew the women liked the hot bods.  So I joined a gym and started to read everything on nutrition and training........This was the start of my BB life.

Getting tired now will continue the L2H story very soon.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2006, 06:44:18 PM »
OK so now I'm learning to train and eat like a BB.  I always thought at this time that steroids were cheating and i would never do them.  I trained natural for about 3 years starting at age 22.  I bought all the supplements and took everything that may help me that I could buy at the store.  I ate and trained religiously and made pretty good progress.  As a natural at a height of 5'7" is was able to get to 190-195lbs and fairly lean probally in the 10% range give or take a point or so.  Well I was also working as a carpenter full time and training after work, this was tuff but i was young so I hit it hard. 

Well around this time a buddy from work who was a juicer asked me to come work out at his gym which was on the way home from work, so I did and it was a hardcore place.  Some of the guys there were BIG and strong  lots of gear heads but at the time I was pretty naive and really didn't think about it.  Well I started to make more progress and I also joined this gym and went there whenever I could.  I fit in good with the guys and made friends there easy, I always had good gym etiquette and they respected that and the fact I was serious.

Around this time I started to get the urge to compete.  So I started attending the shows and checked out what it would take.  I remember my favorite show was the state championships and saw Cory Everson Miss O guest pose there which was very cool!!  She was sooo hot!

Well i realized to compete in the NPC I was gonna have to get with the program and start gearing myself.  I knew this one dude at my gym who's brother was big and did some shows, so I asked his bro if he would ask his brother if he would get me some gear, he said OK. Back then gear was not yet classified as it is now so there was tons to be had.  All of it was legit most human grade and reasonably priced.  So I read all i could on juice, but the info was not wide spread then, so I made some mistakes.  PCT what was that?

My first cycle was deca and d-bol which worked OK I put on about 10 lbs.  It was the hardest thing doing that first shot of deca, it took me over an hour to get up the nerve to stick myself, I can still remember that night.  Well i got together another cycle and this one was good, probally the best I ever did.  I did test cyp, anadrol, EQ and tren!  Boom! this time I got jacked and put on about 20 lbs and I was very strong I remember being in the gym and being able to easily pump 10 reps on the incline bench with 295lbs man i was in love with it.

Well in the winter i picked my first show I was gonna do the state championships in the mens open class, looking back I should have went novice or picked an easier show for my first one but I learned a lot.....to be continued tired from a kick ass leg session earlier today. man I love to train legs......In the gym on Sunday morning doing the things nobody else wants to do!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2006, 07:43:36 PM »
Good stuff L2H :)

Legs on a Sunday morning, yep, it's always better when you're in there almost with no one else. My training partner and I spent our Friday night doing legs and there was hardly anyone else in there. I also love doing chest on Sunday, did that this afternoon, I like Sundays because during the wk when the gym is packed every wanna be meat head is doing chest, especially on Monday which I've decided must be national chest day.

Question, that first cycle of deca dbol you did, how did that affect you? Did it shut you down pretty hard? I know what you mean about that very first pin, it took me a little bit to get the nerve up on my first one...it was just 200mg of EQ ::) I remember the biggest thing for me when I first started, I remember looking at the stuff I had and I just couldn't believe I had bought it. I had been so adamant about not using it, I had been brain washed by all the media hype, you might even say I felt guilty about my decision, almost ashamed. But you live and learn, and at that point I was already learning that the entire "steroid scare" was simply hype. I know we all like to joke around and refer to steroids as the "Dark Side" but in truth I don't really look at it in that format. True, it is the "Dark Side" in reference to how the most of the world views it, but rather, I see it as a positive means to an end, as a helpful tool that will aid me in reaching my goals, that will aid me in my quest to not live a mediocre life. Now I don't believe that having muscle, being big, or doing shows makes me any more worth while then that next Joe shmoe, but doing nothing with my life or not taking every advantage I can in my life with what ever the case may be, then that is mediocrity.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2006, 08:05:44 PM »
Thanks AJ  :)  Yep I agree those were the reasons for me too as to why it was so hard to take that first spike.  I always thought and was raised that f*cked up junkies use needles, that was always a line that had to be crossed.

I honestly dont remember how that cycle shut me down or how I felt, didnt know enough to know better or look for symptoms.  I was young and it was my first time on a pretty low dose cycle, I think I did 400mg deca EW and maybe 30mg d-bol ED so i think I bounced back fairly well.  Now that i think about it thats the last and only time I did d-bol.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats."    Thoreau

D-bol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2006, 07:38:18 AM »
Legs on a Sunday morning, yep, it's always better when you're in there almost with no one else. My training partner and I spent our Friday night doing legs and there was hardly anyone else in there. I also love doing chest on Sunday, did that this afternoon, I like Sundays because during the wk when the gym is packed every wanna be meat head is doing chest, especially on Monday which I've decided must be national chest day.

mondays suck...packed from 12 till 21....seems like everyone is starting a new life after weekends....don't seem to last too long though - wed is already quite...thur/fri is empty....:) and I go to 3 different gyms - all the same!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2006, 07:43:38 AM »
especially on Monday which I've decided must be national chest day.

...You didn't get that memo?  ;D

I know what you mean about Mondays being everyone's Chest day. I used to always do legs on Mondays because all the leg equipment was open.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2006, 03:24:12 PM »
So I had the date of my first BB show on the horizon and it was gonna be tough being the biggest show in the state and I live near a big city.  In the period before the show when I started my diet I was about 205lbs and I'm 5'7".  I figured I would shoot for the middle weight class which tops out at 176 so I had to loose about 30lbs.  Now at the time my knowledge was pretty limited about gear and a contest diet.  I started my diet about 12 weeks from the show.  It really took up all my time, I was working full time as a carpenter, training, tanning, cardio and going to school on the weekends!!  I was maxed but then again I young and it really didn't seem too bad or hard to get everything done.  Worst part was my job at the time was pretty physical and it was very hard to gauge how much to eat.  Something I read back then said to stop the juice about 2 weeks out from the show, in an effort to remove water, but that was not really a good way to do it.

At weigh in I was 176lbs which is the most you can weigh and still be a middle weight.  I made some mistakes with my diet the last couple days which did not help me.  For the show I was pretty flat and to get down to this weight I had to give up too much muscle.  So I placed out of the money as they say 6th in a class of 11.  It was a great learning experience and I was proud to have just gone through with it.  That night pigged out on pizza and stuff and the next day looked much better, went down to the pool where I lived at the time and it was crowded and people were just staring!! I sat down to catch some rays and these 2 women were muttering about steroids just loud enough so I could hear.  It was almost more fun than the show the night before! After that show I took some time to put on some more size and the next 2 shows I did I competed in the light heavies around 190-195 lbs and that was a better weight for me.  I also learned more about what my body did on a contest diet. I got better placings my best being 3rd place at the same state show I did for my first.  But that was it for competitions for me, see the next couple years I became distracted............ye p a girl.  We ended up getting married, but I will save that for my next installment.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2006, 03:50:04 PM »
  But that was it for competitions for me, see the next couple years I became distracted............ye p a girl.  We ended up getting married, but I will save that for my next installment.

...oohh, the dreaded female interference...I wonder how many times this will pop up on this thread before it's all said and done? If everyone is honest, it should pop up in nearly all of them.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2006, 12:40:46 PM »
...oohh, the dreaded female interference...I wonder how many times this will pop up on this thread before it's all said and done? If everyone is honest, it should pop up in nearly all of them.
amen to that!
bodybuildersreality.com