Author Topic: RORY's STRENGTH FEATS!  (Read 13842 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: RORY's STRENGTH FEATS!
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2006, 06:05:02 AM »
A fcuking 605 lbs bench. For a double.

Some people are too much...

YIP
Zack

Thats Kaz territory and people believe bodybuilders do it? Talk about believing anything they read. ::)
The House that Ruth built

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2006, 06:05:21 AM »
Alexxx was a stain on some dudes comforter when Rory was training
L

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2006, 06:07:35 AM »
That's him.

But his football performances are irrelevant to his strength.

I don't think so. He was thrown around like a rag doll when he was in the NFL and they tested for roids. He was a 100% fake.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2006, 06:10:12 AM »
Rory was more overrated than Draper, he was a Jeff King wanna be with the brain of Corky....

Why don't you give it up? Take a good look at Rory and try to justify your calling him overated. Draper is a legend. Everybody on this board thinks so but you. So far no one has agreed with you in the 20 odd posts you called Draper over rated.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2006, 06:17:39 AM »
No Rory was very good IMO, his feats are somewhat fake though... I was just gettin a rise out of you Bsmacys..i know you bleed Ironage Black&white ;D ;D...But i do believe that Draper was overrated...esp when someone like Harold Poole, Bill Pearl and REg Park would put him to shame
L

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2006, 06:40:39 AM »
No Rory was very good IMO, his feats are somewhat fake though...

Dude, unless you knew him or were there, keep your judgments to yourself!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2006, 06:41:50 AM »
Dude, unless you knew him or were there, keep your judgments to yourself!
Why did he fcuk you or something...what other feats have you yet to reveal a bout him ??
L

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2006, 06:46:32 AM »
Why did he fcuk you or something...what other feats have you yet to reveal a bout him ??

Why the insults?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2006, 07:05:19 AM »
The world record bench press in the 242 class is around 605. That means he could bench a world record weight for two reps. Totally impossible.

Just do the math. If those lifts were accurate, Rory would have at least a 2200 lb powerlifting total. I don't think even Ed Coan could do that.
Coan totalled over 2400 moron.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2006, 07:28:37 AM »
Did you ever train with Rory or seen him train?

In 1983 and 1984 I had the opportunity to occasionally train with Rory and I can honestly tell you he was one of the strongest BB's I have ever seen. I saw Rory train through various training styles depending on the time of year and what he wanted to accomplish from doing sets of 100 reps to 4-8 reps.  I have watched Rory do side laterals with 90lb dDBs one arm, 455lb incline BB press, Bent over BB rows 455lbs, BB shoulder press 315 plus. I also taped (duct tape) Rory’s hands to the pull down bar while he worked to get 100 reps on the lat pull down when he was doing his sets of 100 training.

Rory would get his weight as high as ~275 in the off season and then come down to the low 200s for a contest. There was a barbeque in the back outside the gym we trained at. Right after training Rory and the rest of use would have steaks grilling. Why, because Rory did it.

As stated by jwb “In the end it doesn't matter what Rory's strength levels were. The main point is the quality of his physique”. And when in shape Rory was awesome for his time..

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2006, 07:29:41 AM »
i still call bullshit.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2006, 07:35:59 AM »
funny how every pro lifts soooo insane. If they are from the 80's they are even more Impressive. Let's talk about how the Model T Ford is better then the new cars of today.
$

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2006, 07:37:39 AM »
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2006, 07:40:09 AM »
Hhahaha...dude, the next time you decide to post a pic.......put a shirt on...you embarrass yourself and your family!

Answer the question chub!
just push some weight!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2006, 08:14:24 AM »
Maybe because we've actually seen him train?

Max, how come Rory didn't make it really big?I I always thought he was the one guy who could have beat Haney.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2006, 08:20:01 AM »
Max, how come Rory didn't make it really big?I i always thought he was the one guy who could have beat Haney.

Rory just could not come in condition on contest day. He always seemed to miss his peak.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2006, 09:18:40 AM »
He sure is built better than Ronnie. Rory didn't sport a 40"+ waistline.

Fcuk yeah.

A shame that a guy like Loly Leidelmeyel (Jap spelling) gets less acknowledgement than Ronald McDonald.

Ronnie was great - pre 1999.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2006, 09:23:24 AM »
Fcuk yeah.

A shame that a guy like Loly Leidelmeyel (Jap spelling) gets less acknowledgement than Ronald McDonald.

Ronnie was great - pre 1999.

YIP
Zack

I don't understand the big gut apologists. Don't you bodybuild to get rid of a big midsection?

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2006, 09:41:24 AM »
Max, how come Rory didn't make it really big?I i always thought he was the one guy who could have beat Haney.

Rory just could not come in condition on contest day. He always seemed to miss his peak.

Bmacsys… I don’t know if he could have beaten Haney but I do know we never saw the Rory that he was capable of. I also think it’s a shame we never got to see Rory onstage in the Pro shows with Haney, Mendenhall, Paris, Christian and others.

As The Freakshow stated Rory just couldn’t seem to come in condition the day of the contest. He would either come in to dieted down or not enough or flat. I agree with Freakshow on this

There was also some politics working against him due to Weider being upset that Rory left a photo session because his wife was in labor. 

and keep moving!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2006, 09:49:06 AM »

There was also some politics working against him due to Weider being upset that Rory left a photo session because his wife was in labor. 

How could anyone hold that against somebody? When Rory oversaw your training did you have to eat and eat and eat as Bob Paris said Rory had his guys do?

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2006, 10:15:21 AM »

It really sucks when you have phenomenol bodybuilders with serious potential (possibly even top five at the Olympia potential), just miss it.

Dialling it it is so hard. People don't realize how easy it is to make a simple mistake and it costs you the show.

Rory is definitely one of the top bodybuilders of our time. One of my favorites that just missed out was Matt Mendenhall:

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »
i had about 6 mendenhall posters in my home gym back in 82 or so,he was one of my favs back then,i miss those days when you had mendenhall,christian,belknap,rory and the others always in the magazines with them training different bodyparts
R

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2006, 11:25:30 AM »
i had about 6 mendenhall posters in my home gym back in 82 or so,he was one of my favs back then,i miss those days when you had mendenhall,christian,belknap,rory and the others always in the magazines with them training different bodyparts

Those were the good ole days.

Sounds like a country song ;D

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2006, 01:35:20 PM »
  That goes back to my time period also..it was a cool time for bodybuilding.
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2006, 01:43:03 PM »
no way on all those lifts total horses ass
hell  those r ronnie type lifts......n rory had alot lighter bone structure

dont get me wronge he was superstrong for back then   but not that strong