Author Topic: Left Knee  (Read 3784 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Left Knee
« on: August 09, 2006, 07:04:49 PM »
I've never had a knee problem but the past 2 leg days now (only on tuesdays)  my left knee has been hurting.....like a hot sensation. I'll massage it and try doing one legged squats to kinda see if its hurting and it just kinda wants to give out. I've always warmed up good doing 5-10 minutes on the bike and light leg extensions and i never just jump into a heavy set. the pain does go away by midway through my 2nd or 3rd excersise. should I just be icing it after I train or should i put a heating pad on it before? hopefully it goes away soon. Thanks for any help.
bodybuildersreality.com

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Left Knee
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 09:49:42 AM »
Knee tendinitis
الاسلام هو شيطانية

mish1234

• Getbig I
  • mopar_freak is sexy!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 03:20:38 PM »
I also have knee problems, making cardio painfully difficult. Anyone know any methods/equipment/etc. that will allow me to do cardio without dying from knee pain after? Thus far, I've been doing eliptical and bike to try and ease the pain...but any other suggestions would help tons! Thanks!
mopar_freak is sexy

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 05:32:05 PM »
This may sound too easy, but when my knee begins to hurt, it's time to get new shoes.

How old is the pair you're wearing?
R

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 04:14:25 AM »
This may sound too easy, but when my knee begins to hurt, it's time to get new shoes.

Unless you have problems with the way your legs are natually positioned and the way your feet align new shoes won't help.

The tendons in your knee has been stretched resulting in knee tendinitis.

Best thing you can do is rest it, apply some ice to it now and again. Aspirin/ibuprofen works wonders on knee tendinitis, it'll make you feel like you can do higher intensity cardio again, but I highly suggest against this until your knee is totally painless without taking the aspirin/ibuprofen.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

mish1234

• Getbig I
  • mopar_freak is sexy!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 11:04:19 AM »

...old enough for me to take your advise and get a new pair of shoes lol. Do you have any favourites that you...or anyone else reading this might recommend?
mopar_freak is sexy

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 02:25:27 PM »
...old enough for me to take your advise and get a new pair of shoes lol. Do you have any favourites that you...or anyone else reading this might recommend?

I wear New Balance (in fact I just got a new pair yesterday), because they are easy to find in wide width and I feel they are pretty good quality.

I'd be curious to know if your knee improves at all after switching shoes :)
R

mish1234

• Getbig I
  • mopar_freak is sexy!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 07:59:18 PM »
I wear New Balance (in fact I just got a new pair yesterday), because they are easy to find in wide width and I feel they are pretty good quality.

I'd be curious to know if your knee improves at all after switching shoes :)

...I'll definitely post whether the new shoes help. It'd be awesome if something as simple as this remedies such a big pain in the ... ... ... knee ;D.
mopar_freak is sexy

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 04:49:14 PM »

THANK YOU! that was it hahaha!
bodybuildersreality.com

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 05:03:42 PM »
THANK YOU! that was it hahaha!

That's great!  I'm glad it wasn't something serious.

That'll be $90.00 ;D
R

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 01:29:14 PM »
That's great!  I'm glad it wasn't something serious.

That'll be $90.00 ;D
plus the 130 for my new shoes :(  :(   :'(
bodybuildersreality.com