Author Topic: Does lawsuit talk stifle getbig's creativity?  (Read 8386 times)

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
Re: Does lawsuit talk stifle getbig's creativity?
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 07:39:09 AM »
Who started this sue nonsense, was the first a$$ to post he was getting a lawyer?  I'm curious.  For example Kamali is still pop without even doing the O in yrs.  BTW...most of the people at the expos and so forth dont even visit this board.  How in the hell is it going to hinder an individual's ability to earn a dollar?

What's not good is putting someone's personal info on here?  That's on 240!1 
Oh...Monica!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 07:39:12 AM »

how is that. Free speech anyone?

As much of a douche as Lift is, I've never heard him say anything about Jack that would be actionable in court.  These guys seem to think you can successfully sue anyone who says anything negative about you, and it just ain't so.

Not to mention, even if you win, your legal bills will exceed any collectable judgement with most of these guys. I doubt Lift is any different.
Ron: "I am lazy."

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2006, 07:55:38 AM »
This I've got to see.  The headline reads.  Pro Bodybuilder sues internet troll for making a joke about the shape of his legs.  That would about sum it up.  What court, nevermind lawyer would even bother to open his brief case for something like this.  It's all empty threats and if you fall for them, you're the fool.  Relay think about how ridiculous it would be.  Can't wait.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 07:58:29 AM »
 240 brings up an excellent observation here. With that King in NJ being the pioneer in threatning lawsuits and litigation for having his poor feelings hurt based on silly comments on a public open internet forum...this has a direct effect on 'creativity' and entertainment value that is what makes/made getbig.com so great and wildly popular.

Restrictions and laws kill creative thought and ideas. If that King in NJ succeeds...it will open the floodgates for others to follow.

I. The BlockHead has personally been told I will be summoned to court and face a judge by sgtd for all my 'comments and observations' made directly or indirectly towards him. Because I know what it is like to face litigation and court dates and judges...it is no walk in the park and it will hurt your future and record. Now I am a little bit apprehensive about laying into sgtd or putting on savage OWNINGS on him because I know anything is possible.

We already clearly established the new ailment known as 'Post Traumatic OWNING Disorder' and it appears the result of brutal ownings given to 'sensitive' people lead to lawyers being contact and legal consequences being issued.

Perhaps we must be more creative and cover all angles when an owning is given. For example...I like to say 'That King in NJ.' You all know who I'm talking about but in the court of law...it isnt specific and it couldnt hold water.
?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 08:01:19 AM »
240 brings up an excellent observation here. With that King in NJ being the pioneer in threatning lawsuits and litigation for having his poor feelings hurt based on silly comments on a public open internet forum...this has a direct effect on 'creativity' and entertainment value that is what makes/made getbig.com so great and wildly popular.

Restrictions and laws kill creative thought and ideas. If that King in NJ succeeds...it will open the floodgates for others to follow.

I. The BlockHead has personally been told I will be summoned to court and face a judge by sgtd for all my 'comments and observations' made directly or indirectly towards him. Because I know what it is like to face litigation and court dates and judges...it is no walk in the park and it will hurt your future and record. Now I am a little bit apprehensive about laying into sgtd or putting on savage OWNINGS on him because I know anything is possible.

We already clearly established the new ailment known as 'Post Traumatic OWNING Disorder' and it appears the result of brutal ownings given to 'sensitive' people lead to lawyers being contact and legal consequences being issued.

Perhaps we must be more creative and cover all angles when an owning is given. For example...I like to say 'That King in NJ.' You all know who I'm talking about but in the court of law...it isnt specific and it couldnt hold water.

Its funny that I say nothing about you, and you continue to use my name in your font all the time. Why is that?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 08:04:15 AM »

I'm illustrating the point 240 ismaking here you stupid fkn...uh...you know. Did you or did you NOT threaten seeing me in court and facing a judge for my 'written observations' that make your feeling hurt. yes or No. YOU DID! That is the whole point of this thread here...

?

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 08:05:54 AM »

lol.....well said. That King in NJ has been OWN in almost every show he enters. The only way to get his fustrations out of his Ass is to sue getbig...ha.hha ;D
Get Big, or Die Trying

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

You can be even more cryptic than that... sorta like 240 using a "stop domestic violence" ribbon as an avatar.  Everyone knows exactly what and who he's talking about, but he hasn't said or done anything that would be even close to actionable in court.

Just use some creativity.  ;)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2006, 08:09:51 AM »
I'm illustrating the point 240 ismaking here you stupid fkn...uh...you know. Did you or did you NOT threaten seeing me in court and facing a judge for my 'written observations' that make your feeling hurt. yes or No. YOU DID! That is the whole point of this thread here...

Lol I said Im not going to say anything more violent on here if so happens(you end up in a burning car, or at the bottom of the river) they couldnt suspect that I did it. You get what im saying ;D

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2006, 08:10:39 AM »
You can be even more cryptic than that... sorta like 240 using a "stop domestic violence" ribbon as an avatar.  Everyone knows exactly what and who he's talking about, but he hasn't said or done anything that would be even close to actionable in court.

Just use some creativity.  ;)

Why does 240 take pictures with guns and ammo?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 08:11:25 AM »
Why would a pro threaten a member with a lawsuit ?

Because they have extremely fragile little egos along with the maturity of a 12-year-old?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2006, 08:11:58 AM »
Why does 240 take pictures with guns and ammo?

Because he's a redneck?  ???

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2006, 08:14:35 AM »
I live in NJ and Im actually offended that you call him that "king"....

We have no King in NJ.....but we did have a queen... :'(
L

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2006, 08:43:55 AM »
The standard for winning a defamation suit is very high if the person being defamed is a public figure. Most pro bodybuilders would be considered public figures. First amendment rights trump defamation protections, so opinion is protected. Also, the victim must be able to prove actual damages, which is more than just hurt feelings. The defamatory statement must be one that would cause a reasonable person to believe it. dFinally, truth is an absolute defense to defamation.

Most importantly, because defamation and damages are so tough to prove and costly to litigate, most real lawyers will only undertake such a case: a) on a contingency basis if the defendant is a millionaire or a company with tangible assets; or (b) on an hourly basis if the plaintiff provides a hefty retainer ($7500 +).

A lawyer-pal of a pro bodybuilder would be treading on dangerous ground if they filed suit against someone for the sole purpose of intimidation. For one, the defendant could find grounds for a countersuit, thus doubling the work for the lawyer/pal ($$) AND now requiring the plaintiff to continue the case even if he was only trying to scare someone. Only a newbie inexperienced foolish lawyer would take such a case.

The animated GIFs I saw were satire which is protected under People v. Flynt (Hustler Mag). In a parody-image of a magazine advertisement for a popular alcoholic drink, Hustler described a drunk Falwell having an incestuous encounter with his mother in an outhouse. Flynt won the case at the US Supreme Court level.

That said, here's what you can say:

"Ronnie Coleman is pregnant with twins"
"Kamali has no arms"
"Rhino sucks"
"Lee is an alien from planet Krypton"
"Elmo just got his PDI pro card"
"All fitness girls are sluts"
"The Olympia is fixed"
"Victor is a convict"
"Ruhl's girl looks like a man"
"Shawn's ex-girlfriend is a man"
"Supplements are a scam"
"VPX stands for Venereal Pubic Xchange"
"Chick wears wife-beaters"
"All Pros are drug dealers"
"Titus killed Kelly's career"
"Titus killed Melissa"
"OJ killed Nicole"
"Patsy killed JonBenet"
"Bertil killed her"
"Sally killed Ray"
"Youngblood killed himself"
"Branch needs a hair transplant"
"Flex needs a kidney transplant"
"Don Long needs a brain transplant"
"Sgt. D needs an eyeliner transplant"

....I could go on but I think you all get the point. So, AT EASE creative soldiers...and get back to having fun and making us laugh.

Special "Grubman" Ed

I am
BigNationRadio.com

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2006, 09:53:39 AM »
America was founded on Revolution and has been fought in the Court system everyday since.

Its the American way...
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2006, 10:02:39 AM »
What kind of stuff have you posted about J*ck L*nd*n that mad him PM you?

No need to go into detail, just outline the general stuff.

YIP
Zack
Apparently agreeing with Bob Chic gets you on the "soon to be sued" list. I haven't posted anything about him beyond saying he couldn't beat Chic, which he can't.

Some people can't take the heat of the kitchen their practicing their posing in.

Elevate Your Image.™

Stavios

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2006, 10:07:44 AM »
It's not the threats it's a lack of new material.
The shots of Vince by the pool have been used in more threads than the word "the".

OK GUYS !

KEVIN SAID WE NEED MORE PHOTOSHOP PICTURES OF VINCE  !!!!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 10:21:50 AM »
Just wondering, why do people on here give chick a hard time. Im talking about the people that have never met him.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2006, 11:45:01 AM »

Chick does it to himself. 

I agree, but the main reason is:

Chick likes to argue and debate with people significantly smarter than himself, and is unable to realize when he's in over his head.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2006, 06:15:50 PM »
Getbig lost a lot when the guest feature was turned off.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2006, 06:17:39 PM »
Getbig lost a lot when the guest feature was turned off.

lol yeah, a lot of 240 haters.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2006, 06:28:05 PM »
Simple solution:  de-mod everyone except Ron. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2006, 07:30:14 PM »
Simple solution:  de-mod everyone except Ron. 

Agree.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2006, 08:07:19 AM »
lol yeah, a lot of 240 haters.

240 isn't getbig history, he's not been here for that long.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2006, 08:17:21 AM »
Out of personal experience, part of the reason GetBig is loosing its excitement is because of the newer over-zealous mods. Why post here if your thread is going to be deleted for no apparent reason? While others remain?

For example, I posted the thread about Mass monsters vs/ swimmer physiques THREE times. First time, deleted. Second time, moved to Y-Board. Third time...we'll see, it's still here (for now). So a completely relevant, non-slanderous, PG rated thread gets whacked while threads like "Hulkster I'm calling for a Truce" (offtopic), or "Vince Goodrum has 99.5% Ebay rating" (offtopic), or "Best Haircut in Bodybuilding" (offtopic/lame), or "Lee Priest shows his true colors (Racist Meltdown)" (slander/offensive), etc. Remain indefinitely.

So the guys who post good stuff, get sick of their threads being deleted, and leave, might be one of the reasons -- not lawsuits.
This is a great post here with well thought and intelligent arguments here. The MODS have too much stroke here...I keep starting a thread simply asking for Hany Rambod to answer in regards to what Long Island Iced teas are and how they will help me for contest prep and how one enters the status of being an 'ebony mountain of muscle' and it is deleted everytime. Half of my posts get zapped while stupid bullsiht like 'Hulkster/Truce' 'Flex wheelers bodyfat the monday before the 93 Olympia' and horsesiht like that stay.

I think Ron should be the only sheriff in this town.
?