Author Topic: Does lawsuit talk stifle getbig's creativity?  (Read 8389 times)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Re: Does lawsuit talk stifle getbig's creativity?
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2006, 08:51:30 AM »
At least one pro and at least one regular member have used the threat of lawsuits to stop insults upon them on getbig.

Does talk like this hurt the fun and creativity that used to exist here? 

Why would you characterize insults as fun and creative?

w

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2006, 08:57:51 AM »
why not??? kind of like you giving product to that beast rhino and calling it a sponsorship..that's creative of you and funny...

sue me.
Enjoy your dish...

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2006, 08:59:41 AM »
Simple solution:  de-mod everyone except Ron. 
I imagine Ron is too busy to be sole mod. I do agree however, that talking about suing people gets old really quickly and is very irritating.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2006, 09:00:08 AM »

Because they are...thats what we do here at getbig. Nobody is safe...truth is told, lies are uncovered and we leave people no room for error here at getbig. We nitpick and OWN here...this is what makes getbig so notorious and wildly popular and if you dont like it go to MAYHEM and tell everyone 'good job, bro...look good bro...good luck bro...good job bro...you're gonna do well good luck this weekend bro'

Thats not how we handle buisness here at Getbig.
?

vikingpower

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2007, 07:56:33 AM »
At least one pro and at least one regular member have used the threat of lawsuits to stop insults upon them on getbig.

not with me ... sasha (aka seauantea) is one of the best criminal lawyers in my province and a good friend ... that gives me carte blanche :D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2007, 08:19:57 AM »
Get this straight once and for all, no matter how many animated .gif's you clowns make or insults you fling at these "pros" none of it will stand in court.

Don't let Kamali, Jack London or any other fool intimidate you,

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2007, 09:33:42 AM »
 :D
Addicted to the Steal

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2007, 10:06:38 AM »
Get this straight once and for all, no matter how many animated .gif's you clowns make or insults you fling at these "pros" none of it will stand in court.

Don't let Kamali, Jack London or any other fool intimidate you,

Exactly.

I don't think I've ever seen anything posted here that doesn't pass the Hustler v. Fallwell test:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Magazine_v._Falwell

These "I'm gonna soo you" morons are just blowing smoke, and you're stupid if you fall for it.  Even if they really believe they can successfully sue you, any good lawyer they go to to take their case will quickly disabuse them of that notion.

Ron: "I am lazy."

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2007, 10:27:44 AM »
hahahahahahaha
Addicted to the Steal

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2007, 06:37:36 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen anything posted here that doesn't pass the Hustler v. Fallwell test:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Magazine_v._Falwell

Hustler has pwned more than just the dignity of women, I see!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »
It amuses me to read what some consider entertainment and creativity on Getbig. There are way too many anonymous people on Getbig who cross the line of what is fair to say about others. I think stirring others is okay but actually slandering another is beyond fair play. What happens a lot here is that some people use insults and personal attacks to get even with others they are engaging. When their targets do not respond to such insults these nasties often have to resort to really offensive comments to stir that person. I find that rather sad.

If someone calls another a pedophile, and do not have any proof or evidence, then that is slander. Especially if the person is a known individual. How is calling anyone that supposed to be a joke and amusement? I have seen some cowards make up lies about others sending personal messages to them when in fact no such PM was ever sent. If they are doing this to support their pedophile charge then that is reprehensible. Also, some people post a quote of a PM or message that is not the actual message. How on earth can anyone protect himself against creative nonsense like that?

Another sorry avenue or strategy of some here is to attack family or ex wives of known people. Why on earth would anyone do that? That is beyond okay in any open society. We all know what to expect at Getbig. Even though one of the conditions of posting here is not to make personal attacks or to slander others we see this happening all the time. I think the moderators should be more consistent and remove slanderous comments and attacks against family and those not involved on Getbig.

The rule I think that should govern what is fair is to put ourselves in the position of the receiver of posts. Would we like or approve of what is being said? We have seen that some known individuals openly post statements about others that are plainly damaging. Sometimes the target appears to clear his name but the truth is the internet is not a good place to try to do that. Usually what happens is that it is one person's opinion versus the other.

If the owner of Getbig allows slanderous statements to remain on Getbig then he could be responsible for publishing them. I think the moderators do remove most of the truly unfair and offensive material but so much remains that they give up doing much about it. If people actually send messages to the moderators that certain statements are offensive or perhaps slanderous then the moderators have a duty to do something about those posts. When the offensive threads or posts are removed or deleted some will complain that someone ran to Ron about things. Well, it is easy for anonymous people to hide behind that screen and say whatever they like about known people and quite another thing to experience the crap that is dished out to actual people.

I notice stalwart 'characters' like Goatboy go to a lot of trouble to protect himself from possible litigation. Now, why would anyone have to do that? Sure he could be making up stuff about using a neighbour's connection to post crap on Getbig but I would bet some people do what he says or something else that will make it almost impossible to be tracked down. Getbig is not a level playing field when you have people using their own names or are known even with internet handles versus characters who are virtual identities alone. What I have seen occur on other forums is that some people use gimmick accounts to attack people they dislike or want to stir or humiliate.

If someone does slander another then that person should be banned from Getbig. I don't have to spell out what slander is. So many on Getbig insist they are educated and intelligent and yet we see daily how ignorant and irresponsible so many are. Is it any wonder that few top bodybuilders remain on Getbig? You have to be fearless and perhaps part masochist to battle with the flotsam of Getbig and keep doing it month after month. Sure a lot of the stuff is fun. I wonder what some of the targets feel about all that much fun? Like Cool Hand Luke said to the warden who was punishing Luke for his own good, 'I wish you would stop being so good to me!'

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2007, 04:51:36 PM »
This thread is Roz Basile Approved!  :D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2007, 04:55:48 PM »
Hey, Goatboy, people have been trying to hunt you down for years. You must be pretty elusive to remain anonymous! You are one of the few here smart enough to know how to really stir people.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
You can clearly see in the fine photo that I have a sense of humour. I am a bit off season. Matter of fact I have been off season for about 17 years now! The little bit of extra bulk is safety fat that you accept in your signature. I have just about completed the alterations to our gym and will be able to attack that bulk soon. My 65th occurs in Sept and I will be publishing some photos then showing some improvement.

Guys like you are amazed that known individuals can keep up with you and even exceed your efforts on Getbig. We will never see who Goatboy is because even his wife and family don't know about your Getbig involvement. You clearly cannot venture into any gym and announce, "Hey, guys, I am Goatboy!"

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2007, 05:12:03 PM »
You clearly cannot venture into any gym and announce, "Hey, guys, I am Goatboy!"

Why would I?  For me, posting is just mindless entertainment.  You people are about as real to me as the characters in my favorite tv show.  In fact, those who take the boards "seriously" are the ones that should have their heads examined.

(along with old men who wear speedos to the beach, "bulky" people, and chubby-chasers who live in warehouses.)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2007, 05:23:12 PM »
Well, Goatboy, your idea of entertainment is to interact not only with stooges and flotsam but actual people. The better you can stir them the more enjoyment you get. You definitely have a sadistic streak in you if you call what you do fun. Smart people usually rationalize their immoral behaviour. Naturally you don't consider what you do offensive. Yes, you are a bona fide wit and highly amusing chap.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2007, 05:51:40 PM »
240 used to make up fake sites until he realized he could be making money doing this. That is all that has changed with him. It literally doesn't pay him to piss people off and then expect them to pay him to create a website for them.

I really wonder what guys like Goatboy get out of participating here. Guys like him are here daily and post often. What is the payback for all the time spent here? If he can answer why he engages is so much mindless activity I think we will better understand the mind of an internet troll. His performance here reeks of pathology. Take away the humour and you have a very aggressive, persistent and nasty individual. Maybe he is a bit like Debussey and just a lonely bloke hoping for some human interaction?

slummin

• Getbig II
  • BB Vips posting here encourage the growing disease
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2007, 07:05:37 PM »

insults for "fun and creativity"

when does this site graduate from delinquent?

.....oh that'sssss right - you guys live for attacks from a safe distance to calm your insecurities. how did I forget that?   ::)

insert typical "epic", 'meltdown", blah blah blah response below.   ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2007, 09:15:55 PM »
Well, Goatboy, You definitely have a sadistic streak in you.

You say that like it's a bad thing.  >:(

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2007, 07:45:17 AM »
240 used to make up fake sites until he realized he could be making money doing this. That is all that has changed with him. It literally doesn't pay him to piss people off and then expect them to pay him to create a website for them.

I really wonder what guys like Goatboy get out of participating here. Guys like him are here daily and post often. What is the payback for all the time spent here? If he can answer why he engages is so much mindless activity I think we will better understand the mind of an internet troll. His performance here reeks of pathology. Take away the humour and you have a very aggressive, persistent and nasty individual. Maybe he is a bit like Debussey and just a lonely bloke hoping for some human interaction?

Debussey = in your head.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2007, 07:53:37 AM »
Eh, on the whole internet "sandy vagina gonna sue you are you afraid yet?" thing, I wouldn't say the fear of litigation is stopping anyone here. I call Derek Anthony a cum guzzling queen without fear of reprisal, because that's my opinion of the "man". I can easily argue right to free speech and that he actually does guzzle bucketloads of sperm on a daily basis. Any "pro" that threatens lawsuit for comments made on an internet message board needs to seriously re-evaluate his particular station in life and must really have low self esteem.