Author Topic: PDI British NOC  (Read 40286 times)

Dr. Shock

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
PDI British NOC
« on: August 11, 2006, 02:56:58 AM »
Looks like the haters were wrong. The PDI is not going to be just a one off show:

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: PDI British NOC
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 03:05:00 AM »
rock n roll!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 03:07:13 AM »
Good to see it has life.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 03:40:10 AM »
Great original names lol.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 03:41:07 AM »
Its being held in a shack in one of the roughest, most disgusting parts of England. Hackney is a shithole full of immigrant gangs and disease ridden filth. The US equivalent would be 'south central' [if it really is like that in the films]. Demillia obviously picked there because its cheap - but it won't attract many bodybuilding fans. If he'd gone for Birmingham it would have been a different story. Bodybuilding is much more poular there, and being in the centre of England no one has to travel very far - unlike London.
It will fail.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 03:51:56 AM »
Anyone on here going to compete? Hackney is hardly Knightsbridge but not quite as bad as UK-Gold makes out.I agree that a more central venue would be better-B'ham or Nottingham-but the fans will turn out in force and it will be a huge success 8)

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 04:07:11 AM »
Anyone on here going to compete? Hackney is hardly Knightsbridge but not quite as bad as UK-Gold makes out.I agree that a more central venue would be better-B'ham or Nottingham-but the fans will turn out in force and it will be a huge success 8)
I was there recently and it is that bad! I will still probably go to the show, it all depends on the price and travel options. I hate the way big shows are usually put on in London - be it art exhibitions, concerts, lectures etc etc. I hate London.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 04:21:22 AM »
I was there recently and it is that bad! I will still probably go to the show, it all depends on the price and travel options. I hate the way big shows are usually put on in London - be it art exhibitions, concerts, lectures etc etc. I hate London.

I'd agree that Hackney is one of the worst boroughs in London but the theatre itself is great.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 04:25:01 AM »
Maybe no ninjas present in those neighborhoods, but a few football hooligans and some rugby players to kick the arse of some of the house hold names that will compete... ;D

Seriously though, one has to wonder what DeMilia is thinking when launching a competition in the possibly roughest neighbourhood in all of UK.

Is he looking to get a cancellation? Trying to get sponsors and athletes to invest money?

I seriously doubt he's so stupid that he will randomly put a show anywhere in UK, only to discover it is known as "Horrible Hackney".

DeMilia was/is an asshole in my book, but I don't consider him stupid. So having the show in Hackney seems strange.

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/police-crime/figures/l/hackney.html

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/best&worst/best&worst_hackney.html

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 06:17:42 AM »
omg i cant believe wat i am seeing. is that a stomach sweep. i havent seen a stomach sweep on a bb since lee haney!!!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 06:18:42 AM »
Someone left Vinny on Lee's dick by accident
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 06:29:54 AM »
Someone left Vinny on Lee's dick by accident

DeMilia is sending a message to Galanti that he's gonna fcuk him up for leaving the PDI. ;D

I'm sure DeMilia will get lots of heat from some people for putting up people on the poster that aren't even gonna compete.

Since I doubt DeMilia will pay the trip over the pond, I'm sure you won't see Jack London or any of his fellow Americans compete there either.

Just a guess though. I have nothing of any substance on that.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 07:46:26 AM »
Looks like the haters were wrong. The PDI is not going to be just a one off show:

Just like the NOC, the show has to happen first.  Afterwards, it will be the telling sign as to whether it can sink or swim.

BTW, why is Rhino the only person in the picture with his shirt on????  Is he fat or something right now??

A

Dr. Shock

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 07:50:16 AM »
Vince, when you post pics of yourself, I wish you'd keep YOUR shirt on  8)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 07:52:38 AM »
That pic of Vinny is unreal, he has a big ass rib cage and a small waist to boot!!
L

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 08:14:23 AM »
Its being held in a shack in one of the roughest, most disgusting parts of England. Hackney is a shithole full of immigrant gangs and disease ridden filth. The US equivalent would be 'south central' [if it really is like that in the films]. Demillia obviously picked there because its cheap - but it won't attract many bodybuilding fans. If he'd gone for Birmingham it would have been a different story. Bodybuilding is much more poular there, and being in the centre of England no one has to travel very far - unlike London.
It will fail.

Isn't the Forum in South Central?
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 09:31:46 AM »
has the IFBB ever done that - a seminar with the competing pros, on the day of the show?

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 09:36:12 AM »
has the IFBB ever done that - a seminar with the competing pros, on the day of the show?

It does sort of sound familiar...

I know it was one of the things Priest whined about when he dropped out of the Olympia.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 09:40:20 AM »
This was one of the very things Lee didn't like..."all the things he HAD to do" on Olympia day. I'd like to know if these guys are geting compensated for this seminar, or if they are going to get a piece of the pie on any DVD sales, etc.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 09:49:22 AM »

Yes, and run an amateur show in the afternoon with the winner gaining a pro card and competing in the evening pro show.

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 09:51:44 AM »
With did they put a pic of everybody onstage but Jack is with his tank top  ???

It would be silly if on the poster for the Olympia, they would put Dennis James with his tank top and his belt

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 09:57:53 AM »
With did they put a pic of everybody onstage but Jack is with his tank top  ???

It would be silly if on the poster for the Olympia, they would put Dennis James with his tank top and his belt

Must have been a marketing decision ;D

I can't wait to hear 240 complain that Vinny G is on the poster even though he's not with the PDI, Remember how he called Shawn out over the Colorado line-up?

Stavios

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 10:03:26 AM »
I hate to say it cause I like you 240, but Kevin is right on this one !

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 10:07:16 AM »
I cued the IFBB toolbox and Horton arrives to diss ten things on the poster lol...

Well, the Galanti pullout was recent and these posters take some time to make and distribute.  I will say that a major diff is that Shawn Ray had all sorts of competitors who had never signed a contract to compete there.  Every man on that poster has a signed contract to compete for the PDI.  I know Vinny got hurt and won't be at those shows, but it was a recent development. Shawn Ray had ten guys on the poster, 8 months in advance, who never showed or even showed intent to compete there. 

Max

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »
It's ok if you live in london ;D