Author Topic: Our allies, the French  (Read 16091 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Our allies, the French
« on: August 11, 2006, 08:37:46 AM »
 friendly format sponsored by:
The New Media Department of The Post and Courier 

FRIDAY, AUGUST 04, 2006 6:47 AM

France's blunder over Iran

France is playing a duplicitous game in the Middle East. Fortunately, its current diplomats are not as adept at causing mischief as they were when France prevented a consensus on how to deal with Iraq's defiance of the U.N. Security Council. This time France has been quietly backing Iran and its proxy, Hezbollah, against the United States, Britain and Israel in the war raging in southern Lebanon. But France's foreign minister, behaving as ludicrously as that epic blunderer Inspector Clouseau, has exposed French perfidy.

On Monday Philippe Douste-Blazy told incredulous reporters at a press conference at the Iranian Embassy in Beirut that Iran is working to stabilize the Middle East. 'In the region there is of course a country such as Iran - a great country, a great people and a great civilization which is respected and which plays a stabilizing role in the region.' Later he met at the embassy in Beirut with Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki, who thanked France for calling for an immediate cease-fire in southern Lebanon.

The outcry in France that followed his words prompted Mr. Douste-Blazy to rephrase his remarks. He told the Jewish Community Radio station in Paris Wednesday that he meant to say Iran had 'a part of responsibility in the current conflict' between Israel and Hezbollah and that it had 'to help pacify the region.'

That was not the end of it. Yesterday Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who was attending an emergency meeting of Muslim leaders in Malaysia, put into words the kind of stability that Iran is seeking. The Associated Press quoted President Ahmadinejad saying that the solution for the conflict in Lebanon is the 'elimination' of Israel. 'Although the main solution is for the elimination of the Zionist regime, at this stage an immediate cease-fire must be implemented,' he said. 'Today the Americans are after the greater Middle East. The Zionist regime is used to reach this objective. The sole existence of this regime is for invasion and attack.'

Responding once more, Mr. Douste-Blazy said yesterday: 'I totally condemn these words,' adding that they are 'absolutely unacceptable on anyone's part, especially from a head of state.' In a further attempt to clarify his earlier remarks, the French foreign minister said that Iran had an opportunity to 'show that it can play a positive and stabilizing role in the region,' but that President Ahmadinejad's statement 'confirmed that this is not the case.'

The same could be said of France. It has an opportunity to play a positive and stabilizing role in the region, but its covert support for Iran - revealed by the blunder of Foreign Minister Douste-Blazy - suggests that is not the case.

Thats what you get for bailing France out every world war. >:(
The House that Ruth built

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Our allies, the French
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:44:40 AM »
Even without this information I've always wanted Britain to goto war with France, take them over and rename them to "The Central Republic of Britain" and make them stop eating snails, frogs legs and make the fuckers speak English :D

This shit just adds more fuel to the fire! :D

Man I hate France...
الاسلام هو شيطانية

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:47:01 AM »
Even without this information I've always wanted Britain to goto war with France, take them over and rename them to "The Central Republic of Britain" and make them stop eating snails, frogs legs and make the fuckers speak English :D

Man I hate France...

Just thinking about eating that crap makes me want to throw up!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:48:18 AM »
Mike Wallace just interviewed ahmadinejad for 60 minutes . . . i think the interview runs next week. wonder what the wily pussy has to say directly to an american audience?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 08:51:47 AM »
Just thinking about eating that crap makes me want to throw up!

Just thinking how they are so arrogant towards the UK/US after Britain and America bailed them out of the possibility of guy existing and becoming a German state makes me want to puke >:(

Their lack of appreciation makes me sick
الاسلام هو شيطانية

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 08:56:16 AM »
Even without this information I've always wanted Britain to goto war with France,

Didn't Britain kick Napolean's ass into exile back in the day?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 09:01:46 AM »

Indeed thanks to Mr. Nelson ;D

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/terrace/adw03/c-eight/france/timelin1.htm

Notice the fact the war made Britain require income tax! So by proxy France is responsible for me paying extortionate income tax! Yet another reason to hate those fuckers >:(
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 09:02:34 AM »

all major wars are won only after the russians throw their millions in as cannon fodder . . . i wonder how soon the chinese can start taking over the russians' place in global conflicts?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 09:03:37 AM »
الاسلام هو شيطانية

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 09:09:40 AM »
all major wars are won only after the russians throw their millions in as cannon fodder . . . i wonder how soon the chinese can start taking over the russians' place in global conflicts?

On the eastern front in WWII the Russians lost like 100 men to every German soldier. cannon fodder is right! The French can't be cannon fodder. They surrender immediately.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 09:12:02 AM »
Just thinking how they are so arrogant towards the UK/US after Britain and America bailed them out of the possibility of guy existing and becoming a German state makes me want to puke >:(

Their lack of appreciation makes me sick

Actually your emotionality makes you kind of sound like a Frenchman...

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 09:15:38 AM »
Actually your emotionality makes you kind of sound like a Frenchman...

Your un-kept crotch, bushy armpits, hairy legs and your desire to mate with farm animals make you look like a frenchwomen :-*
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 09:17:37 AM »
Your un-kept crotch, bushy armpits, hairy legs and your desire to mate with farm animals make you look like a frenchwomen :-*

Lol, you don't know many frenchwomen...

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 09:17:58 AM »
On the eastern front in WWII the Russians lost like 100 men to every German soldier. cannon fodder is right! The French can't be cannon fodder. They surrender immediately.

and napoleon would never have been defeated if he hadn't made his ill-fate march to Moscow . . . the Russians died w/o a second thought, but bonaparte was done after that.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 09:18:56 AM »

Man I hate France...

Aside from the snails and the frog legs their food is far superior to english food.  But that's where it ends.

And dam England for failing over and over again in France:  100 years war & Napoleanic wars.  hehe  ;D

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 09:20:20 AM »

And dam England for failing over and over again in France:  100 years war & Napoleanic wars.  hehe  ;D
[/quote]

???

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 09:22:28 AM »

???

Well they never made France an English state!   heheh  I'm  just jokling around.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 09:23:57 AM »
Aside from the snails and the frog legs their food is far superior to english food.  But that's where it ends.

"World’s Top 50 Restaurants 2005"

http://www.worldpress.org/Americas/2090.cfm

I quote:

The winner of the coveted number one spot was The Fat Duck in Bray, Berkshire, Britain. The pioneering restaurant is famed for introducing the world to delicacies such as snail porridge, mussels in popcorn sauce, and bacon and egg ice cream. The bizarre-sounding dishes are part of The Fat Duck’s bid to create food that is both delicious and fun. In addition to “Best Restaurant in the World,” the Fat Duck also picked up an award for the second year in a row for “Best Restaurant in Europe.”

Napolean got his ass handed to him by the Nelson.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 09:28:17 AM »
"World’s Top 50 Restaurants 2005"

http://www.worldpress.org/Americas/2090.cfm

I quote:

not Nelson,  Nelson died at the battle Trafalgar which was a navel battle. 

How ever the Duke of Wellington, Aurthor Welsley, beat his ass at Waterloo.

Typical French food vs typical English food.  Gourmet Restaraunts aren't indicative of a nations food.  Their every day food is.  However, food is so subjective so what is better is just a matter of opinion.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 09:29:19 AM »

after his naval setback, nap ranged freely all over Europe . . . except for the occasions on which he faced arthur wellesley, duke of wellington.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 09:33:41 AM »
Wups, apologise for my confusion between Nelson & Wellington.

Ozmo: Why use food as an argument in favour of France and then retract the statement only when you have been owned by factual evidence? 26% of the worlds top restaraunts are in Britain. Britain and American dominate the top 10 compared to France.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 09:54:14 AM »
By whose list? 

I'm sure there's other lists and other ratings.   (i don't have time right now to research but maybe later)

Food is subjective.

Gourmet restaraunt ts aren't representative of a nations food. Hell maybe some of those places in England  serve french food.

Also it's common knowledge English food is bland.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 09:55:38 AM »
By whose list? 

I'm sure there's other lists and other ratings.   (i don't have time right now to research but maybe later)

Food is subjective.

Gourmet restaraunt ts aren't representative of a nations food. Hell maybe some of those places in England  serve french food.

They do.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 10:00:01 AM »
By whose list? 

Food is subjective.

My point is you back tracking. It's gone from a point in your arguement to being something subjective.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 10:01:26 AM »
sometimes i think france says things on purpose just to piss people off. they are well aware of our opinions of them. but it all doesnt matter- when all is said and done, they are our allies and friends just like always.