Author Topic: Hey Bob Chick.... low carb day  (Read 10108 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Hey Bob Chick.... low carb day
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2006, 01:24:46 PM »
you can hate adonis all you want, he clearly knows what works for him cause he got pretty shredded in the past.

but I still call bullshit on the waist size claim of "below 30"  ;)

Ill tape it with a pic when I am at my leanest.

Stavios

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2006, 01:28:02 PM »
Ill tape it with a pic when I am at my leanest.

Cool I would appreciate that

strange cause my waist is really similar to yours and onstage I don't think my waist was below 31-32 inches

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »
It's too easy.
$

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2006, 01:32:41 PM »
So his low carb day is 1g carbs per pound.  That isn't very low at all. I don't know if that would work so well naturally.

Stavios

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2006, 01:39:11 PM »
So his low carb day is 1g carbs per pound.  That isn't very low at all. I don't know if that would work so well naturally.

No way

keep in mind that getting ripped with GH is way way way easier

plus you won't lose muscle mass

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2006, 01:40:39 PM »
No way

hitting home runs is easier with a corked bat. Anymore helpful "tips" ::)
$

Stavios

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2006, 01:44:17 PM »
hitting home runs is easier with a corked bat. Anymore helpful "tips" ::)

haha yeah like you know how to get ripped  ::)

I was telling him why bob's carb were so high that's it

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2006, 01:49:56 PM »
No way

Yea some pros in the 70s were said to have been on 60g carbs a day.   Chick is getting 250g. lol

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 01:51:56 PM »
haha yeah like you know how to get ripped  ::)

I was telling him why bob's carb were so high that's it

you're the expert. Tell me what kind of drugs to take. That seems to be your answer
$

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 01:58:32 PM »
I've never tried "anything exotic", or "pushed the envelope" for tht matter...

BTW, how would YOU know how "easy" it is? It's not just the diet (which gets progressively harder and stricter), combine that with workouts twice a day, cardio twice a day (up to 2 hours+) and all the regular duties of life (kids, work, etc.)

Walk a mile in my shoes, Adonis....until then STFU.

You're getting 1g carb per pound.  That's easy as hell.    I've gotten 0.5g per lb on average during my diet.

And you don't even have kids, or a difficult job.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2006, 05:02:26 PM »
Anything over 225 lbs is pushing it unless over 6 feet tall.

if you cannot get to 225 it does not mean anything over 225 is not pleasing.  it's like being unable to achieve a 20-inch arm and claim that arms bigger than 19.5" are unaesthetic....  duh.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2006, 05:09:21 PM »
I don't think Bob tried anything exotic. He has been selectively progressive over the years, not one extreme to another. He's done a good job and I think he stays off the juice more so than many other bodybuilders.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2006, 05:09:56 PM »
207 was about as low as we wen't...

Here's a sample of my last week:

Meal 1- 15 eggwhites, 1 cup oatmeal

Meal 2- 12 oz. steak, 1 cup white rice

Meal 3- 12 oz. chicken, 8 oz. potatoes

Meal 4- 12 oz. steak, 1 cup white rice

Meal 5- 12 oz. steak, 5 oz. potatoes

Meal 6- protein shake (1c. eggwhites/ protein powder
           small salad w/ balsalmic

WTF kind of diet is this ???

207g of carbs is a low carb day ???

Also, you have NO good fats in your diet ??? No fish oil, no PB, no olive oil, nuts???

I always thought you were one of the smarter pros when it came to dieting, but this just goes to show how important drugs are....lay off the drugs and then cut...

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2006, 05:11:06 PM »
also.. why white rice?    ???

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2006, 05:12:52 PM »
also.. why white rice?    ???

that's probably his post-workout meal.....he's likely trying to illicit an insulin response with the white rice.....but why? he's already taking 10+ IU of slin PWO ::)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2006, 05:12:56 PM »
Bob i have a question. Is it hard not to get a massive boner on a photoshoot like this?

Nice cover.

I like how lee priest diets, but does not overdo it. Keeps sane

This is the real secret to dieting  ;D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2006, 05:14:04 PM »
that's probably his post-workout meal.....he's likely trying to illicit an insulin response with the white rice.....but why? he's already taking 10+ IU of slin PWO ::)

yea but why after cardio would you want that?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2006, 05:15:13 PM »
yea but why after cardio would you want that?

by workout, I meant weight lifting.

I highly doubt chick does any cardio while dieting....that's what the T3 is for.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2006, 05:17:32 PM »
by workout, I meant weight lifting.

I highly doubt chick does any cardio while dieting....that's what the T3 is for.

he said he does, and he is having the white rice twice a day.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2006, 05:20:52 PM »
he said he does, and he is having the white rice twice a day.

well, I have no idea then. But with all the drugs he's likely using having white rice instead of brown will make no difference anyways.

This just goes to show you how much different it is cutting naturally vs. juiced. Naturally you NEED a good amount of healthy fats to help maintain testosterone levels. Obviously, when injecting synthetic test that need goes away. But, regardless, healthy fats still aid in fat loss. Your body needs to sense dietary fat intake before it will begin to use fat as a fuel.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2006, 05:39:34 PM »
you can hate adonis all you want, he clearly knows what works for him cause he got pretty shredded in the past.

but I still call bullshit on the waist size claim of "below 30"  ;)
i would definitely say that Adam's waist is prolly around 29 inches right now, his waist looks tiny when he's at his leanest, in some of the pics where he's like 180-185 it looks like it's 27 inches.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2006, 05:45:12 PM »
i would definitely say that Adam's waist is prolly around 29 inches right now, his waist looks tiny when he's at his leanest, in some of the pics where he's like 180-185 it looks like it's 27 inches.

key word being "looks". Every shot I see of him he is doing some weird twisting shit to hide his wide waist. His midsection may be THIN but I do not believe his waist is smaller than 30 inches. Arnold also did this twisting stuff and he had a 34" waist...

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2006, 05:46:49 PM »
key word being "looks". Every shot I see of him he is doing some weird twisting shit to hide his wide waist. His midsection may be THIN but I do not believe his waist is smaller than 30 inches. Arnold also did this twisting stuff and he had a 34" waist...
if you can find it check out the pic of him in the gym when he is lean beyond belief and wearing straps training back, he's standing straight on to the camera and his waist looks well below 30.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2006, 06:27:16 PM »
The protein requirement for building muscle is not something that is determined on a discussion board but in the lab. I doubt the scientists are all that interested in finding out but the research I have read indicates that you don't need more than 1 gram per pound of bodyweight and even that is probably too much. I well remember guys saying they took vitamins and other supplements just to be sure they got enough. Some lunatics were drinking over a dozen eggs a day and ingesting dried liver tablets. They never did amount to anything. I prefer to get my nutrition information from textbooks written for graduate nutrition courses and not from silly bodybuilding magazines.

Bob looks huge in those photos but like many other guys since Dorian he has that 'look' that is strange. I know you huge guys look great in person but for some reason you don't photograph well. I like the way Dexter looks in photos but he is one of the few who looks hard. Most of the rest have separation but don't look hard. When you see them relaxed they seem blocky. This sport sure has deteriorated. The guys are getting bigger, especially in the legs but are acquiring a look that just isn't aesthetic. The price has become way too high.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2006, 06:31:25 PM »
The protein requirement for building muscle is not something that is determined on a discussion board but in the lab. I doubt the scientists are all that interested in finding out but the research I have read indicates that you don't need more than 1 gram per pound of bodyweight and even that is probably too much. I well remember guys saying they took vitamins and other supplements just to be sure they got enough. Some lunatics were drinking over a dozen eggs a day and ingesting dried liver tablets. They never did amount to anything. I prefer to get my nutrition information from textbooks written for graduate nutrition courses and not from silly bodybuilding magazines.

Bob looks huge in those photos but like many other guys since Dorian he has that 'look' that is strange. I know you huge guys look great in person but for some reason you don't photograph well. I like the way Dexter looks in photos but he is one of the few who looks hard. Most of the rest have separation but don't look hard. When you see them relaxed they seem blocky. This sport sure has deteriorated. The guys are getting bigger, especially in the legs but are acquiring a look that just isn't aesthetic. The price has become way too high.

The drugs increase protein synthesis well beyond any natural level....and if you think they dont need that much protein, well you are wrong. Nasser attritbutes one of the main factors he blew up in the mid 90s to the fact that he upped his daily protein intake to 600g/day.