Author Topic: a couple of back question  (Read 2907 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
a couple of back question
« on: August 13, 2006, 03:14:01 PM »
hey guys
I'm going to train bac twice.. once for thickness (deads,bb row and corner t rows) and another one for more for widness..most of the exerise that are for widness are more cable movements. with  pulldowns and close grip cable rows.. is there a more free weight movements for widness?? my other question with back training is do you guys have someone stand on the other side of the bar  to keep it from moving?? i truck the bar in the corner...but, as soon as I get to a heavy weight..I can feel the empty end starting to come up..so, i often how to do a drop set.. to do the next sets

thanks

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: a couple of back question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 05:03:48 PM »
in reference to the t-bar rows, you need to pull up directly over the plates so the back end doesn't fly up. If this doesn't work stick a dumbell over the end of the bar.

For width, I believe pullovers, chin-ups, and pulldowns will work well.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 11:40:20 PM »
wide grip deadlifts not as heavy but get a good strectch

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 03:00:44 AM »
hey guys
I'm going to train bac twice.. once for thickness (deads,bb row and corner t rows) and another one for more for widness..most of the exerise that are for widness are more cable movements. with  pulldowns and close grip cable rows.. is there a more free weight movements for widness?? my other question with back training is do you guys have someone stand on the other side of the bar  to keep it from moving?? i truck the bar in the corner...but, as soon as I get to a heavy weight..I can feel the empty end starting to come up..so, i often how to do a drop set.. to do the next sets

thanks

DB rows will give you width.

IMO, three excersises will give you a complete back: Deadlifts, DB rows and either lat pulldowns or chins.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 10:30:38 AM »
I dont  do DB rows anymore. its do to my gym doesnt have heavy enough DB for me

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 10:44:34 AM »
lol you wouldn't happen to workout at la fitness would ya?  ;D ;)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 12:49:32 PM »
Dumbells go only up to 90 lbs ?? Solution , to do one armed rows with higher weights, incorporate the smithmachine...yes smith machine, place about a 45 and 24 on each side and have a bench parralell to the bar and row away!!  ..only works with smiths that let the weight drop all the way to the ground.
L

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 01:38:46 PM »

An interesting excersise you could try, is the seated one arm pulley row.

I alternate this excersise with regular DB rows, and when the DB's are too light (doesn't happen at my powerlifting club) I use this exclusively.

Use straps, and make sure to do a full range of motion, letting your shoulder roll over to the front in the last part of the eccentric phase, feeling the lower lats stretch.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 01:51:38 PM »
well, i train  24 hour fitness (believe or not theres some hardcore 24 hour fitness. it all depends on the ppl and the owner) they go up the 140s and I've done that for  15 reps...

Zach: what do you think about doing like a one arm t bar row?? like load up on side of the bar and  truck in the corner.. grab something with the other hand...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 05:30:57 PM »
well, i train  24 hour fitness (believe or not theres some hardcore 24 hour fitness. it all depends on the ppl and the owner) they go up the 140s and I've done that for  15 reps...

Zach: what do you think about doing like a one arm t bar row?? like load up on side of the bar and  truck in the corner.. grab something with the other hand...

I'm suggesting using an incline bench to hold onto. You'll find some way to slip it close I'm sure.

Sounds like a good set up, as long as the mechanics works fine (since your pulling one arm only).

Good luck with that shyte.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 10:56:30 AM »
In my opinion BB row is far superior to DB row for 1 reason ....you save a lot of time.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 11:04:29 AM »
??? really. Its much easier to just grab a dumbell and start rowing then having to put plates on and off for drop sets and stuff. but i wouldn't even compare the 2 excersises.
bodybuildersreality.com

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 10:18:12 PM »
wide grip deadlifts not as heavy but get a good strectch

thsi might some dumb but does the weight of the dumbbell matter?? I dont want a dumbbell and the over side flying up on me..

thx

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 12:54:44 PM »
there's no need to split up your workouts, just be normal and train your back in one workout, the reason why Ronnie does his that way is because bb'ing is his occupation, there's no need for a regular Joe to do that type of thing.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 10:10:14 AM »
Yes train it all in one workout once a week that way youll get plenty of time to repair and grow!!!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 05:43:18 PM »
try this back routine for some serious gains.....

super-set pull downs and seated cable rows with the parallel grip attatchement for a total of 20 sets. do as heavy as you can for 7-10 reps each set. on the last set of each, drop the weight just a bit, and try to keep repping untill its absolutely failure..i mean like 50 reps when you could barely get the 5th one.     

you will look just like the BOSS from a marios game final level.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 06:05:25 PM »
??? really. Its much easier to just grab a dumbell and start rowing then having to put plates on and off for drop sets and stuff. but i wouldn't even compare the 2 excersises.

you have to do each arm separatly...so the amount of time it takes you to do 1 set of db row (each arm) I could have done 2 sets of bb row