Author Topic: shoulder pain  (Read 2404 times)

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
shoulder pain
« on: August 15, 2006, 10:14:25 AM »
Hey guys,

Has anyone had or heard of this kind of pain.  Its a pain that only bothers me when Im doing tricep work ie skull crushers cable pushdowns  behind the head dumbell press.  Chest work doesnt bother me.  It is in the back lower portion of the rear delt.  Any advice will help.  Its not rotator I had that before once, and this doesnt hurt at night

hardest core

• Getbig II
Re: shoulder pain
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 02:19:01 PM »
I can't tell you what it is, but my best advice is to stay away from exercises that aggravate you. Stopping skull crushers won't kill you. Personally I loved the exercise, but they eventually hammered my elbows; so much I thought I had really injured them. I worked around it...and I'm now fine.

On another note, 10 months ago I had major shoulder surgery for a 100% tear of my right rotator cuff and to remove a big chunk of my labrum that was floating around. It was 6 months of hell, but I'm ready to get lifting again. I have totalled International Elite at 242 in the USAPL, so I know what its like to lift heavy. Never had ANY shoulder problems until I was rear ended in my truck by a 1 ton van going 50 mph. Right hand on steering wheel...straight...and it popped. My whole point...........you can prevent most (not all) future problems by not aggravating the joint with certain exercises.

stefanogym

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: shoulder pain
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 10:46:41 PM »
you should chel any muscle of that area..and then deactivate trigger points with a tennis ball against the wall or a theracane...also you can do some rudimental ART, active release , also with the tennis ball...chosing a spot to push in with the ball while moving your muscle from the more contracted position to the more stretched one.
it is not said that it is not rotator cuff.. check any of them..starting from the subscap...sliding your finger under the armpit with your arm intrarotated and hanging between your legs while you are seated and a bit bent forward with your torso...searching for spot between ribs and internal portion of scapula under the armpit as said...