Author Topic: Pros taking months off  (Read 7022 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Pros taking months off
« on: August 15, 2006, 04:42:55 PM »
Ronnie and Levrone know that it's pointless to train when not taking steroids because they will still lose size so they don't even bother training at all.

Discuss

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: Pros taking months off
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 04:45:10 PM »
Ronnie and Levrone know that it's pointless to train when not taking steroids because they will still lose size so they don't even bother training at all.

Discuss

I agree totally.
Not just the pro's who do it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 04:56:15 PM »

Discuss

Sounds like another good reason to use steroids, you can take months and months off every year!
Z

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 04:59:58 PM »
Ronnie does in fact take 3 months off a year. But when he does train, he trains very hard 6 days a week, hitting every body part twice a week, which is rare among todays pros. Training that hard 9 months a year takes a toll physically and mentally and the time off is probably needed so when he returns to training he is completely rested, mentally and physically.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 05:13:11 PM »
  Muscle has a very good memory.

Arnold only trained 8 weeks when he came back after a 5 year layoff in 1980 Olympia. Granted he wasn't in his best shape by a longshot but for only 8 weeks of training it shows you the power of muscle memory and steroids.
The House that Ruth built

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 05:14:21 PM »
What is your take on taking 3 months off posting on Getbig?
Z

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 05:15:15 PM »
i think the reason they take months off is because there test goes to nill when they come off the juice for a couple months out of the year
A

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 05:21:56 PM »

for some people I highly recommend it

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 05:46:33 PM »
hahaha! a getbig offseason.
bodybuildersreality.com

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »
I do NOT think Ronnie goes completely off the sauce at any time of the year. I could be wrong and maybe he does take a little time off but why stress the body by going cold turkey? I see him cruising with just a little to keep him from crashing totally.

Reminds me of Tom Prince saying how Cormier didn't work out at all for 9 months or whatever it was and only losing 5lbs. You can bet he was still "on" the whole time.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 06:41:49 PM »

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 06:43:41 PM »
Yeah, haha, Tom's remarks about Chris were ridiculous.  Of course Chris was still on.  As for Ronnie - maybe he does HRT level doses for the few months when he is "off".

Where is Woten?

banned ;D

dav-bol

• Getbig II
  • Sexbomb
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 06:59:49 PM »
I do NOT think Ronnie goes completely off the sauce at any time of the year. I could be wrong and maybe he does take a little time off but why stress the body by going cold turkey? I see him cruising with just a little to keep him from crashing totally.

Reminds me of Tom Prince saying how Cormier didn't work out at all for 9 months or whatever it was and only losing 5lbs. You can bet he was still "on" the whole time.

Yup.
At that level of usage coming off completely would would wreak havoc on their entire body.
A massive cortisol rebound would eat up a ton of their mass, and their test levels as well as other hormones would b nill.
Coming off completely would also leave their immune systems extremely low and leave them open to various illnesses...colds, flu, pneumonia
It ain't pretty.
Better to do a maintenance dose instead.

Who would go to the gym KNOWING for sure that they are not even maintaining let alone growing?
Not me.

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 11:25:08 PM »
wow!!! this is sumthin ive never even thought about b4 
super interesting point im gonna think about!!!

it would account for how much size these guys lose when they have a car accident or get sick for a long period of time..

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 10:41:41 AM »

Bodybuilding without drugs = race car driving without gasoline.

It does NOT matter how well maintained and perfect the car is, it will simply GO NOWHERE without gasoline.  Just like a pro can have a perfect diet, train his ass off, and he will do nothing but shrink if he is off gear.

Hate when a poster comes up with a good analogy but then feels the need to explain it in detail. A good analogy doesn't need the extra crap after it. carry on.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 11:19:54 AM »
Ronnie always take at least 5 months off after the olympia
Get Big, or Die Trying

Stavios

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 02:57:40 PM »
Lee stated that Paul could load a syringe of winstrol and forget to take it for a couple of days because drugs where not a big part of his physique

true story

Max

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 04:15:36 PM »
It's all a bit depressing really when you think about it :-\

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 05:31:48 PM »
Lee stated that Paul could load a syringe of winstrol and forget to take it for a couple of days because drugs where not a big part of his physique

true story

I'd guess that's half true. He might forget to take the winstrol because winstrol was probably not a big part of his physique - when compared to the magic all the test, deca, tren, d-bol, insulin, gh, IGF-1, etc works on the body.
Greed is good!

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2006, 05:41:22 PM »
Did anyone think that maybe the reason they take the time off is to give their body a rest from the heavy training and dieting???

Why does it always have to be about drugs??? Sure, it is important for them to allow their bodies time to clean out after extended periods of heavy drug use. But that does NOT mean they won't grow if they train without drugs.

I think natural bodybuilders should follow the same philosophy after a show. They would grow much more if they took some extended rest periods.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »
Did anyone think that maybe the reason they take the time off is to give their body a rest from the heavy training and dieting???

Why does it always have to be about drugs??? Sure, it is important for them to allow their bodies time to clean out after extended periods of heavy drug use. But that does NOT mean they won't grow if they train without drugs.

I think natural bodybuilders should follow the same philosophy after a show. They would grow much more if they took some extended rest periods.

1st. Get your fucking head out of the clouds Bible boy
2nd. Keep telling yourself that it's all lollipops and gumdrops in the bbing world
$

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2006, 05:55:19 PM »
1st. Get your fucking head out of the clouds Bible boy
2nd. Keep telling yourself that it's all lollipops and gumdrops in the bbing world

Thanks for the kind words. You're so sweet!

Considering I have personally worked with many of the top pros nutrition/training programs, I think I might have a good understanding of what's REALLY happening.

I think lollipops and gumdrops should work well for you though ;D

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2006, 07:55:03 PM »
i believe they take time off to keep their receptors from burning out.
real men= no rubbers

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 08:24:26 PM »

Discuss

most of us train 2-3 times a week when off IF off. we still train heavy when we train beside few pussys :D na ,,only within 2 maybe 3 months off you can maintain the strength,, past the 3rd month  off you will lose strength so i lower the weight down ofcourse and past the 5-6 months you will train like natural trains which is moderate to none exsistant ;)
fallen angel

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 08:34:43 PM »
I would agree with that.  They can train until they're blue in the face while clean but they wouldn't get very far.

Bodybuilding without drugs = race car driving without gasoline.

It does NOT matter how well maintained and perfect the car is, it will simply GO NOWHERE without gasoline.  Just like a pro can have a perfect diet, train his ass off, and he will do nothing but shrink if he is off gear.

This may be a bold statement, but I go on record to say that no pro would gain an ounce of muscle without steroids, regardless of how on point their diet and training is.  Simply, they are already at or beyond their natural potential by the time they turn pro (usually far beyond) and so growth is literally, physically, SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE without gear.

While there very well may be a predetermined genetic limit to muscle development, the mind can only achieve what it conceives. Train hard, and smart (applies to nutrition, rest and prayer as well) to achieve the seeming impossible. When folks laugh at the prayer and Bible meditation part, I always remind them who created them, their genetic potential and the very concepts of muscle and anabolism in the first place.
Team Goodrum!