Author Topic: Pride's US debut matchups.....  (Read 6408 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Pride's US debut matchups.....
« on: August 20, 2006, 12:26:21 PM »
looks like a shit hot card, poor Coleman though. This will be the end of him for good

Fedor Emelianenko Vs Mark “The Hammer” Coleman

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua Vs Kevin Randleman.

other fighters to appear are Josh Barnett, Kazuyuki Fujita, Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, Phil Baroni, Vitor Belfort, and middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva.

Oh and BTW, Mike Tyson was at the press conference cos hes made a secret deal with the promoters!

Scouser on Tour

Jaded

• Getbig II
Re: Pride's US debut matchups.....
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 12:48:13 PM »
pretty damn good card ... better than any UFC card lately!

I think Fedor vs Coleman was a last minute matchup .. since Tim Sylvia refused to fight Fedor when Pride called him out.

If Tim would not have chickened out, it would probably have been the grudge rematch for Shogun vs Coleman.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 01:23:03 PM »
Shogun wanted the fight, but Pride decided it would be better for Coleman to fight Fedor as he has momentum coming from his win over Shogun. Make no mistake though, should he survive after his demolishing by Fedor they will get it on again.

As for Tim, he called out Fedor when he beat Gan McGee but i doubt he was convinced he could match up to him if it happened. I dont think it will personally, Tim looks shit hot in UFC but he would be destroyed by some of the Pride Middleweights and LHW fighters, let alone the very best MMA fighter of his generatron
Scouser on Tour

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 01:36:13 PM »
Mike Tyson supposedly signed to fight a "boxing rules only" match in Pride, I don't think kicks would be allowed, and I don't know who would have the balls to fight this guy on these terms.
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 02:15:33 PM »
Shogun wanted the fight, but Pride decided it would be better for Coleman to fight Fedor as he has momentum coming from his win over Shogun. Make no mistake though, should he survive after his demolishing by Fedor they will get it on again.

As for Tim, he called out Fedor when he beat Gan McGee but i doubt he was convinced he could match up to him if it happened. I dont think it will personally, Tim looks shit hot in UFC but he would be destroyed by some of the Pride Middleweights and LHW fighters, let alone the very best MMA fighter of his generatron

I don't think UFC would let him fight. They'd lose their only HW name now when Arlovski's gone.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »
Mike Tyson supposedly signed to fight a "boxing rules only" match in Pride, I don't think kicks would be allowed, and I don't know who would have the balls to fight this guy on these terms.

I'd do it. If the money is right.  :)
Z

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 03:15:11 PM »

If ground game was allowed, I'd say most MMA fighers would be willing to fight him today

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 09:17:54 PM »
Awesome !

Way to debut in america by bringing THE SHOW and ALL THE HORSES to vegas right in UFC's backyard.  ;D

That randleman vs shogun match should be interesting. Coleman broke that mofo's arm and Team Hammer House and Chute Boxe had a little "scuffle" about that sh*t in the ring and almost backstage. Now Kevin is going in there (on the smack I bet) .....this could get ugly fast as soon as the match is over.

I can't wait.  ;)

P.S. Fedor just might be the first mofo to kill a man in Vegas!  ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 10:35:09 PM »
so far the card looks like shit

big names, shitty matchups

E
E

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 10:57:28 PM »
so far the card looks like shit

big names, shitty matchups

E

exactly how r they shitty matchups?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 11:15:04 PM »
exactly how r they shitty matchups?

i have a better question

how is coleman a good matchup for fedor?  fedor already beat him in like 1 minute two years ago

what would make anybody think randleman could beat shogun? 

why not have fedor fight somebody that he hasn't already killed and have shogun fight coleman in a rematch after one of the biggest flukes in fighting history?

like I said big names, shitty matchups

E
E

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 11:30:17 PM »
i have a better question

how is coleman a good matchup for fedor?  fedor already beat him in like 1 minute two years ago

what would make anybody think randleman could beat shogun? 

why not have fedor fight somebody that he hasn't already killed and have shogun fight coleman in a rematch after one of the biggest flukes in fighting history?

like I said big names, shitty matchups

E

i feel u on the coleman vs shogun rematch ... but i dont think the current matchups are shitty, should be exciting ...

who did u have in mind for Fedor to match up with??? (since yer such an expert at calling out shitty cards!  ;D)

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 02:35:28 AM »
I thought that Pride would match Josh Barnett up with Fedor since he is an American and has beaten Fedor's brother.

dirtysanchez

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 09:09:49 AM »
Barnett is fighting in the OWGP semis in September, plus I think Pride wanted Fedor to face someone most casual American fans are familiar with.  I agree the match ups could be better but I'm still excited about Pride being in the US

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 01:31:29 PM »
exactly who is left that can be thought of as a threat to Fedor that he hasnt already dominated? Crocop was supposed to be the guy to beat him and he was beat down. Randleman was closer than anyone to beat him and he got spanked. Arlovski and Sylvia could do a 2 on 1 and still get tapped out at the same time (ok not literally  ;D). Theres not a name in MMA who can match him.

the Coleman matchup has momentum, then let him have the rematch. As for Tyson, had anyone recommended fighting him 15 years ago i dont think there would have been a handful of guys who would have taken up the challenge. He once offered a zoo keeper $15,000 or something like that to let him into a gorilla cage to fight. He said something along the lines of seeing the gorillas eyes made him realise it was scared of him, and he knew he could win. Even Rickson would have been put to sleep
Scouser on Tour

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 04:31:21 PM »
I wish I had the time to fly out to Vegas for this.  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 05:11:45 PM »
i feel u on the coleman vs shogun rematch ... but i dont think the current matchups are shitty, should be exciting ...

who did u have in mind for Fedor to match up with??? (since yer such an expert at calling out shitty cards!  ;D)

josh barnett

mark hunt

somebody he hasn't fought or killed (coleman) before

E
E

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 05:22:03 PM »
matching up fighters who have fought before doesn't exactly make it a shitty matchup!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 05:27:10 PM »
it does when one guy got beat in under 2 minutes and isn't ranked among the top 10 heavyweights in the world...

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 05:38:22 PM »
it does when one guy got beat in under 2 minutes and isn't ranked among the top 10 heavyweights in the world...

E

Who would you like Fedor to fight? Is there anyone that could actually qualify as a good match for you? I think a Coleman matchup would be good seeing as he was holding his own until he slipped up and got caught. The amount of respect Fedor has for Coleman is awesome too. He credits his G'n'P to Mark. It should be interesting. Also, I for one don't want to see Shogun against him coming right off an injury.

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »

E

it was actually 2:11 !

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 10:36:39 PM »
Who would you like Fedor to fight? Is there anyone that could actually qualify as a good match for you? I think a Coleman matchup would be good seeing as he was holding his own until he slipped up and got caught. The amount of respect Fedor has for Coleman is awesome too. He credits his G'n'P to Mark. It should be interesting. Also, I for one don't want to see Shogun against him coming right off an injury.

read above

and every boxer credits muhammad ali that doesn't mean they should fight and fedor was never in danger

why don't you want to see shogun vs coleman, it was a fluke accident if he can fight randelman he can fight coleman

E
E

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 07:14:09 AM »
Fedor vs Big Tim would be better

RIP Bob Probert

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 11:58:43 AM »
read above

and every boxer credits muhammad ali that doesn't mean they should fight and fedor was never in danger

why don't you want to see shogun vs coleman, it was a fluke accident if he can fight randelman he can fight coleman

E

Read above what? Do you know anything about MMA Earl or are you just a stupid fuck trying to throw his 2 cents in. Shogun wanted Fedor, not Coleman. PRIDE makes money first, then the matchups people want. Let him get a fight or two under his belt before the Coleman rematch. Why would you throw one of their most popular fighters back to the guy who beat him and risk the chance of him losing. It wouldn't look good at all.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 02:21:58 PM »
Read above what? Do you know anything about MMA Earl or are you just a stupid f**k trying to throw his 2 cents in. Shogun wanted Fedor, not Coleman. PRIDE makes money first, then the matchups people want. Let him get a fight or two under his belt before the Coleman rematch. Why would you throw one of their most popular fighters back to the guy who beat him and risk the chance of him losing. It wouldn't look good at all.

little boy I saw the original ufc live on pay per view i'm no TUF newbie like most of you are :)

you asked who i would like to see fedor fight and I listed who above hence the "read above" ::)

so have him fight randelman who is basically the same fighter as coleman ::)

why would shogun want fedor, the best fighter in the world if he supposedly needs a fight before fighting coleman
that makes no sense

and those aren't the matchups people want atleast not true mma fans that want to see a competitive fight rather than some has been that already got killed by fedor once before

E
E