Author Topic: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff  (Read 40976 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff
« Reply #250 on: August 22, 2006, 06:49:32 PM »
You are sitting there making up stupid questions for the press conference to bore us all again.

Well - this year, it will be a press conference, if the press actually decide to ask a question. I was guilty of not asking a question either last year.  So this year, after the Montreal show, I will put up a section, for anyone who wants us press guys to ask various questions that are interesting. Should be good and entertaining.

Why is there no thread listing info about the NOC? You have started many about the Olympia which is great but why not one about the NOC.

There have been many threads of the NOC and PDI on this board. Free speech. But the Olympia, a 4-day weekend event with 4 major shows gets into own board. Absolutely.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #251 on: August 22, 2006, 06:52:12 PM »
I'm being neutral...I'm here to explain the facts.

fact is, unless Lee gets smart in the next 3 weeks...he'll be suspended. those are the rules.

Okay my I am sliding to the dark side and I don't like it, it smells over here...

Bob,
I have to question you about your stance with Lee.  Hopefully you can set me straight about a few things.

You have stated that Lee is a one man show and that is why you cannot support his cause to the brass.  You have also stated that you require a majority of the membership to take action (This might not be an accurate paraphrase). 

My question is;
The proposals that you got passed for the benefit of the Athletes, which nobody can deny are not a benefit.  How did you achieve the majority of the membership vote before you presented them to the brass?  Also, with the lack of support shown at your meeting by the athletes, how did you achieve your required majority of voices to present the propals that you are going to present this year?

Depending on what side of the fence you are standing on, Lee's stance could be a benefit for the athlete's as well.  Do you decide on personal reasoning which items are worthy and need to be addressed?
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #252 on: August 22, 2006, 06:52:18 PM »
If the promoter was going to use Lee's LAST years plane tix for THIS years olympia he simply would NOT have sent out OR signed a 2006 contract (which states plane tix included) without making an amendment to it.  That's simple and the bottom line.  What's morally right or correct or the right thing to do is completely irrelavant here. 

Just like in all sports certain athletes sell tickets.  In the "game " of Bodybuilding Lee Priest sells tix...I would say maybe more than any other pro except for Ronnie Coleman and as many as Jay Cutler.  The promoter has benifitted greatly from Lee Priest being in their contest.  If they got to eat a plane tix because he used it big deal.  You can not depend on last years contract, whether he competed or not, to mean anything this year. 

Yeah...how much did the promoter benefit from Lee last year..?

Again, for the hundreth time....THE PROMOTER DIDN'T KNOW THE TICKETS WERE USED ALREADY. THE CONTRACT WAS SENT OUT FIRST...

The promoter wouldn't start making airline/ hotel arrangements until the athlete COMMITS to competing by signing the contract..get it??

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2006, 06:58:24 PM »
I'm being neutral...I'm here to explain the facts.

fact is, unless Lee gets smart in the next 3 weeks...he'll be suspended. those are the rules.

You're not supposed to be neutral genius you are supposed to advocate for the advocates not AMI or the IFBB.  From your behavior you don't even seem neutral, rather you appear to be aligned with the IFBB and AMI against any athletes that threaten its profit margin. 

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »
I do get it.  In this particular case though the promoter is hurting himself by not checking up with Lee about the tix BEFORE sending out the contract.  if he simply made a phone call he could have ameded the contract and there would be no problems.
Hopefully the promoter and IFBB will allow Lee to compete at the Olympia.  he could take care of his tix, compete at the Olympia then the NOC and maybe wake up the rest of the competitors in the IFBB so that they all realize the IFBB and weider have gotten very rich while you dig into your savings to pay your food bill each week.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2006, 07:02:33 PM »
I do get it.  In this particular case though the promoter is hurting himself by not checking up with Lee about the tix BEFORE sending out the contract.  if he simply made a phone call he could have ameded the contract and there would be no problems.
Hopefully the promoter and IFBB will allow Lee to compete at the Olympia.  he could take care of his tix, compete at the Olympia then the NOC and maybe wake up the rest of the competitors in the IFBB so that they all realize the IFBB and weider have gotten very rich while you dig into your savings to pay your food bill each week.
...Hopefully.
bodybuildersreality.com

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2006, 07:03:27 PM »
I do get it.  In this particular case though the promoter is hurting himself by not checking up with Lee about the tix BEFORE sending out the contract.  if he simply made a phone call he could have ameded the contract and there would be no problems.
Hopefully the promoter and IFBB will allow Lee to compete at the Olympia.  he could take care of his tix, compete at the Olympia then the NOC and maybe wake up the rest of the competitors in the IFBB so that they all realize the IFBB and weider have gotten very rich while you dig into your savings to pay your food bill each week.

it would benefit both lee and the ifbb for him to compete in the o

if they suspend him for competing in the pdi, that is horrendous. allow the man some freedom

bigtexan44

• Getbig I
« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2006, 07:06:20 PM »
How long is this same conversation going to last?THe same thing over and over. Your killing me.
How much ya bench?

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2006, 07:12:32 PM »
How long is this same conversation going to last?THe same thing over and over. Your killing me.

i think lee is trying to establish the fact that the contract has been broken, so he can disregard any requirements at the O without being subject to punitive action

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2006, 07:17:20 PM »
Lee,

Call me to file suit against Weider in New York for breach of contract. You've got them dead to rights on this one.

Special "Barrister" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2006, 07:17:41 PM »
i think lee is trying to establish the fact that the contract has been broken, so he can disregard any requirements at the O without being subject to punitive action

The argument can be made that the ticket has ALREADY been provided...

No one cares if Lee chooses to participate in anything else...believe me.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2006, 07:20:58 PM »
this thread is hilarious....

Bob somehow finds Lee at fault (again) and Chang/AMI justified in their actions..
but guess what...Bob is on the AMI payroll!! what a coincidence!
Bob is also the IFBB athletes rep.. however he has done more to represent AMI/IFBB
in this particular dispute.

maybe because
1) IFBB hates Lee for speaking his mind
2) IFBB hates Lee for talking about defecting
3) AMI hates Lee for backing out of the olympia
3) Jim Manion = IFBB
4) Robin Chang = AMI
4) Bob takes directions from Jim Manion
5) Bob also takes directions from Robin Chang
6) Bob cannot differentiate the 2005 olympia contract from the 2006 olympia contract

bigtexan44

• Getbig I
« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2006, 07:21:14 PM »
Chick,
What do the rest of the athletes think about Lee's situation. Do they even care. I know you said he is a one man army but does he have any allies?
How much ya bench?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2006, 07:29:08 PM »
this thread is hilarious....

Bob somehow finds Lee at fault (again) and Chang/AMI justified in their actions..
but guess what...Bob is on the AMI payroll!! what a coincidence!
Bob is also the IFBB athletes rep.. however he has done more to represent AMI/IFBB
in this particular dispute.

maybe because
1) IFBB hates Lee for speaking his mind
2) IFBB hates Lee for talking about defecting
3) AMI hates Lee for backing out of the olympia
3) Jim Manion = IFBB
4) Robin Chang = AMI
4) Bob takes directions from Jim Manion
5) Bob also takes directions from Robin Chang
6) Bob cannot differentiate the 2005 olympia contract from the 2006 olympia contract

*I* found Lee at fault? Lee used the ticket for personal use, it wan't his to do so.

Theres nothing to "represent" Lee about...Even he stated, he doesn't care, he didn't post it, he didn't ask for my help....

The IFBB hates lee?  Funny, he won the Ironman AFTER bailing on the Olympia contract...If they "hated" him...I'm sure no one would've raised a brow If David Henry won.

The contracts may be different years...but the fact remains the same: The ticket was not used for the reason it was bought...it rightfullly stays with the person who purchased it (Robin Chang) to do what he wanted with it....he opted to save it for THIS year.

The 2006 contract states they will supply airfare...they did. Lee used it for something else.

Basic law 101 people....

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2006, 07:37:51 PM »
 This is so simple I can't believe it's gone 5 pages...

1. First, it's NOT AN IFBB MATTER...it's an issue between Robin (promoter) and Lee (athlete).

What a cop out !!!!

Is the Olympia a IFBB sanctioned show ??
Is Lee a IFBB PRO??
Did you hold a IFBB Pro meeting at this IFBB show last year ??
Are you the IFBB Pro Athlete Rep??

Heres some more questions
Who Appointed you IFBB PRO REP?
Who do you work for at the Olympia weekend?

This situation can be likened to a Union Representative , the Employers vs the Employees so to speak , and in no way would a group of Employees have a individual whom is financially obligated to the Employers as Representative of their best intrests -- ever-- and you have asked the question many times , "Why don't the Athletes turn up to my meetings, I will tell you why , because they aren't that stupid that they can see straight through this farcard.

Shawn its amazing that when you were a athlete voicing the same concerns as lee that you felt the whole IFBB was against you , in fact just last year you were still voicing these same concerns , but now you have seem to have had a change of heart , wonder why that is , considering nothing has changed to improve upon your concerns .

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2006, 07:51:25 PM »
No one cares if Lee chooses to participate in anything else...believe me.                       

No you DONT CARE CHIC , but 100s of 1000s of fans DO, on this side of the world Lee is the biggest thing in the sport, LEE is Bodybuilding on this side of the world, you would think AMI would recognise this and be prepared to have all this shit smoothed out , what I want to know is why cant a athlete individually negotiate a contract with a promoter, lets say Ronnie and Jay decided they wanted more or something changed in the contract before they committed to showing , would they have the ability to negotiate this or is it just a closed shop ,end of story deal !!

Don't know any other professional athletes that would not have the ability to negotiate his or her contracts !!

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2006, 07:52:24 PM »
I just have to step up for Robin.

He is a straight up guy. For as long as I've known him (many years), he has been a man of integrity. He has always been fair in his business dealings. In fact, he is very generous. He's just a plain nice guy!

When I hear people talk smack about Robin Chang, I can assume they don't know him.

In my opinion, most of the beef people have with Robin, is really a beef with AMI or the IFBB and they just take it out on him.

Stavios

« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2006, 07:54:02 PM »
Well - this year, it will be a press conference, if the press actually decide to ask a question. I was guilty of not asking a question either last year.  So this year, after the Montreal show, I will put up a section, for anyone who wants us press guys to ask various questions that are interesting. Should be good and entertaining.

Great !!

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2006, 07:57:25 PM »
  just have to step up for Robin.

He is a straight up guy. For as long as I've known him (many years), he has been a man of integrity. He has always been fair in his business dealings. In fact, he is very generous. He's just a plain nice guy!

When I hear people talk smack about Robin Chang, I can assume they don't know him.

In my opinion, most of the beef people have with Robin, is really a beef with AMI or the IFBB and they just take it out on him.                             

Ummm I think that is because Robyn calls the shots for AMI in regards to the Olympia and all this is about some of the calls he makes in regards to this position , remember it was only last year that 1000s of fans where up in arms about the poor running of the Olympia under Robyn's charge , and already this year it is starting to repeat itself !!!

On a personal level Robyn probably is a good guy, most people are , but on a business level in regards to the Olympia he is not leaving allot to be desired !!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2006, 07:57:43 PM »
When will this ever end >:(

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: August 22, 2006, 08:00:25 PM »
Lee doesn't have a problem with it Marc..you do.

There is nothing for me to do...the facts are the facts.

No special consideration will be given to Lee, he's equal as every other athlete is.

Lee might very well be the most popular guy in the sport...the show still went on as scheduled last year, and had a record turnout.

Why should Robin buy him ANOTHER ticket?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #271 on: August 22, 2006, 08:16:33 PM »
Lee doesn't have a problem with it Marc..you do.

Lee does have a problem with it , he even stated so !!

I don't have a problem with it persay , only as a good friend of Lees , but I do have a opinion on it ( and allot of other things as you probably have noticed) , who,s to say I am right or wrong , that doesn't really matter as we are all allowed our say (aren't we ?) , just as you have your stance on it all ( which has been made clear) , But you gotta admit , although you cant say it , if this was a argument I would be pretty dam good at it !!! ;) ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #272 on: August 22, 2006, 08:20:09 PM »
I worked with Robin in 1990/91 at Weiders Muscle Camps. I remember he smelled like Top Ramen & Gummy Bears.
a

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: August 22, 2006, 08:25:46 PM »
The argument is weak...

Lee should pay for the ticket he used...Robin should pick up this years ticket.

End of story.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #274 on: August 22, 2006, 08:30:56 PM »
Ok my last post on this. A message was left by Mr Changs secratary saying he was on plane gong to New York and would call. End of day no call (wow suprise). End of story. Mark just bang your head on the wall like me it really feels good :)