Author Topic: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff  (Read 40987 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Lee Priest - Robin Chang has cancelled his stuff
« Reply #300 on: August 22, 2006, 09:24:56 PM »
Basically Chic you had a choice when I posted this dilemma from the very start in that you could have come on the Board ( as you like to do) and said something to the effect of " shit , really I didn't know about this , I will endeavour to contact lee and Robyn and sort this shit out as it does no one any good to have this feud going on , the Olympia will benefit by having lee at there show and lee will benefit by competting at the show , I will do my up most to have this situation sorted ASAP for all concerned " or you could have chosen to bag lee, to alienate yourself from the athlete you are meant to represent and side with the promoter, to let all know you don't care what happens to lee and that no one would miss him from competting ,ever , unfortunately you chose the later , bad choice really , you should have been able to put your personal view's aside and act for the athlete concerned , but you didn't , oh well !!!

Thanks for answering my questions though , much apreciated  :D

It's not that complicated, Marc...

I knew of this situation 4 days ago, it was explained to me from Robin himself.

The fact remains that a ticket was used for personal use, not for competing in the Olympia as it was intended. That isn't in dispute by either party.

He owes Robin for a ticket, plain and simple...there is no interpretation, and certainly nothing I can do. Lee knew damn well that ticket wasn't his to do as he wished...it belonged to Robin Chang as Lee didn't compete. PERIOD.

Lee said, Fuck the Olympia, fuck Robin Chang, fuck the contract and Fuck the IFBB...now he want's consideration for a ticket he used after breaking the contract?? Are you serious?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: August 22, 2006, 09:26:33 PM »

And maybe by me posting this I acheived exactly what I thought I would acheive  ;)

Aside from making fools of yourselves,You achieved two things...Jack and Shit.

french mistake

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #302 on: August 22, 2006, 09:27:31 PM »
"And maybe by me posting this I acheived exactly what I thought I would acheive"  

You sure did. Lucky you, and your deserving friend Lee.

Maybe you should put a call into Craig Titus, you PR genius you.  

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #303 on: August 22, 2006, 09:30:08 PM »
 :-\
Elevate Your Image.™

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2006, 09:30:22 PM »
Aside from making fools of yourselves,You achieved two things...Jack and Shit.

man, he has half the bodybuilding fans in the world reading about this.  and they are supporting lee priest.
and ciccerillo - you look so bad man.  you look like a total company man.  you look like you are trying to sell the ifbb rulebook.  awful.

and i don't know how the stuff that Lee did in 05 affects what he is doing in 2006.  yall offered him a new contract, and you were pissed when you found out that he spent the ticket. get over it.  youre the ones who didnt do their homework.  
Chadwick Mower in 2008

punk_rockerX

• Getbig II
  • why?
« Reply #305 on: August 22, 2006, 09:30:47 PM »
OH BOB I HAVE OVER AND OVER.WHAT IS WRONG WITH OU STERIODS AND OLD AGE MAKE YOU DEAF? :)
I KNOW DOING WHAT YOUR DOING WILL MAKE YOU BLIND  :P
i didn't think lee could be any dumber... i stand corrected.  superman is officially smokin' kryptonite  ::)
hell yeah!!

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #306 on: August 22, 2006, 09:31:19 PM »
The Bottom line is the sport is totaly run by Hypocrisy !!

We suffer the same Hypocrisy Down Under !!

And whilst the sport is gonverned under such a hypocrtical rule it will never evolve any further !!

And thats my bottom line , there is no honesty and integrity at the top of the governing body , thus there can be none further down the line !!

Thats my point so obviously made clear for all to see !!

I just hate hypocrits !!

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #307 on: August 22, 2006, 09:32:15 PM »
He owes Robin for a ticket, plain and simple...there is no interpretation, and certainly nothing I can do. Lee knew damn well that ticket wasn't his to do as he wished...it belonged to Robin Chang as Lee didn't compete. PERIOD.

Lee said, f**k the Olympia, f**k Robin Chang, f**k the contract and f**k the IFBB...now he want's consideration for a ticket he used after breaking the contract?? Are you serious?

man, he owes for the 2005 ticket, which was included in the 05 contract.

this has nothing to do with the 2006 contract, which says that chang will send him a ticket.  

how can you tease people and lecture on 'business 101' when it's clear you don't understand a basic contract?
Chadwick Mower in 2008

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2006, 09:37:14 PM »
Everybody keeps talking about contracts, what about talking about "the right thing to do"  does that matter at all in anything?  What about values?
What would have been the right thing to do after the O last year?  Doesn't anybody know the difference between right and wrong anymore?
Check often for updates @

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2006, 09:45:20 PM »
man, he owes for the 2005 ticket, which was included in the 05 contract.

this has nothing to do with the 2006 contract, which says that chang will send him a ticket. 

how can you tease people and lecture on 'business 101' when it's clear you don't understand a basic contract?

Heres your basic contract, genius...

The 2006 contract says a ticket will be provided...a ticket WAS provided and was kept on a credit as Lee didn't honor the contract by competing...that credit was used without the knowledge of the person issuing it (Robin).

The ticket that was to be used THIS year, was already used by lee....

I got your "business 101"..right heeeeeere!!

french mistake

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2006, 09:45:26 PM »
Ding! We have a winner! What was the right thing to do?

1. Call and let Chang know that he used the tickets, and he would pay it back, and not let it be a surprise.

Case closed, that is unless you think the world owes you because you are Lee.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: August 22, 2006, 09:55:17 PM »
Here you go...maybe this will help some of you understand this incredibly complicated situation...

3.8 Failure to Compete:   An Athlete who signs a contract to compete and who subsequently fails to do so  will be subject to a US $5,000.00 fine and a suspension from all Pro League  competitions for a period to be determined by the Pro Committee. If the failure  occurs at the Olympia competition, the fine will be US $10,000.00. If the reason  for not competing is medical in nature, the Athlete must report to a doctor  selected by the Pro Committee, at his or her own expense, to prove the illness.   

3.9 Reimbursement to Promoter:   Any Athlete who signs a Competition Contract to compete and who subsequently  fails to do so, whether such failure occurs before the competition or during the  competition, for whatever reason (including medical), must reimburse the  Promoter any and all expenses incurred by the Promoter on the athlete’s behalf.  Failure to reimburse the Promoter will result in the Athlete being placed under  suspension until all expenses are paid in full.   

Fletch

• Getbig II
  • You must be very proud of yourself
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2006, 09:55:57 PM »
I flew over the cuckoos nest once
Put it on the Underhills

JT Le Pump

• Getbig II
« Reply #313 on: August 22, 2006, 09:58:14 PM »
Hey Lee:)

Would it not be cool if Michael Moore himself would make an investigative documentary on the IFBB, kind of like Fahrenheit 911?

Damn those guys have graveyards in their closets....

brendan_192

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Team Heath 2009
« Reply #314 on: August 22, 2006, 10:04:14 PM »
evan though going by what i see on getbig chic is an absaloute pole smoker, but for fuck sake its prety clear hes right on this one. no offense but lee cant actually expect them to pay for another ticket after he ditched on them last year and then used that ticket for personal use. what kind of a fuckin bitch would this Robin Chang be buying another ticket for lee this year. yea maybe its in the contract he has to supply a ticket but use some common sense u fuckin moron ::)

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2006, 10:20:43 PM »
Everybody keeps talking about contracts, what about talking about "the right thing to do"  does that matter at all in anything?  What about values?
What would have been the right thing to do after the O last year?  Doesn't anybody know the difference between right and wrong anymore?

Max, as a person I always want to do the right thing by people on an individual basis, but this is business.......big business, contracts involved.  I've signed a contract with a HUGE sports company and I can tell ya that no matter how much they like you it's business and EVERYTHING is in there.  I wrote it before and others have, a 2005 contract (regardless of whether or not it was carried out) has NOTHING to do with a 2006 contract.  That's business 101, Bob.
Max, A while back I had a friend that had the biggest BB clothing store(similar to yours) on Long Island, NY.  The mark up on the clothes he sold was 100%.  Is it right?  Is it the good thing to do, basically rip people off?  Or, is it business?  Yopu can do favors and stuff as he did, but for the general public (or in your case the bus loads of Japanese BB fans that come to Venice, Cal it is just business. 

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #316 on: August 22, 2006, 10:23:35 PM »
Heres your basic contract, genius...

The ticket that was to be used THIS year, was already used by lee....

I got your "business 101"..right heeeeeere!!

Bob, was THAT in the contract for 2006?  If it was not stated that a plane tix previously issued was to be used for 2006 Mr. O then they must pay for the guys tix. 

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2006, 10:25:23 PM »
So you are telling me that you think that Lee did the right thing?  Just curious.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2006, 10:28:22 PM »
Here you go...maybe this will help some of you understand this incredibly complicated situation...

3.8 Failure to Compete:   An Athlete who signs a contract to compete and who subsequently fails to do so  will be subject to a US $5,000.00 fine and a suspension from all Pro League  competitions for a period to be determined by the Pro Committee. If the failure  occurs at the Olympia competition, the fine will be US $10,000.00. If the reason  for not competing is medical in nature, the Athlete must report to a doctor  selected by the Pro Committee, at his or her own expense, to prove the illness.   

3.9 Reimbursement to Promoter:   Any Athlete who signs a Competition Contract to compete and who subsequently  fails to do so, whether such failure occurs before the competition or during the  competition, for whatever reason (including medical), must reimburse the  Promoter any and all expenses incurred by the Promoter on the athlete’s behalf.  Failure to reimburse the Promoter will result in the Athlete being placed under  suspension until all expenses are paid in full.   

Then just like you said Lee has to reimburse the promoter, but the 2006 tix should simply be paid for.  Lee, if you spoke to the guy and he said to you don't worry about it then he basically turned his back on you and convienently forgot.  You do gotta pay him OR simply be suspended.  That is in the contract.  Handshakes mean NOTHING when it comes to business...especially BIG business.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2006, 10:30:41 PM »
So you are telling me that you think that Lee did the right thing?  Just curious.

No, absolutely not.  I don't think it's right for a BB like Lee to no show after signing a contract unless he was sick or something.  I know Lee has honered other contracts and competed even when he felt he wasn't his best so I don't think that would be a problem.

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2006, 10:34:27 PM »
Thanks, I just wanted to know.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2006, 10:37:06 PM »
If the promoter was going to use Lee's LAST years plane tix for THIS years olympia he simply would NOT have sent out OR signed a 2006 contract (which states plane tix included) without making an amendment to it.  That's simple and the bottom line.  What's morally right or correct or the right thing to do is completely irrelavant here. 

Just like in all sports certain athletes sell tickets.  In the "game " of Bodybuilding Lee Priest sells tix...I would say maybe more than any other pro except for Ronnie Coleman and as many as Jay Cutler.  The promoter has benifitted greatly from Lee Priest being in their contest.  If they got to eat a plane tix because he used it big deal.  You can not depend on last years contract, whether he competed or not, to mean anything this year. 

Yes! 

Unfortunately AMI bought a non-refundable ticket last year for Lee with NO SIGNED AGREEMENT between them.  Lee still wrote a letter back but was told not to worry about it.  It doesn't matter who told him not to worry about it.  If the person was representing AMI then that's that.  They should just write off the mistake.  They shouldn't have jumped the gun and bought tickets for non-contracted athletes.

The 2007 SIGNED AGREEMENT states that he will get flight paid for.  It is not amended or reference any flight credits.  AMI sent Lee a contract that they wish they wouldn't have - then signed it themselves.  Big opps!  They owe him the flight.

So AMI is breaking the contract by not buying the ticket.  Now once a contract is broken - it is void.  This means that AMI legall cannot use Lee's name, image, or likeness at all.  He cannot be held to any event he must attend ro any other stipulation in it.  A contract is exactly what it is - and you cannot break parts and enforce other parts.
Motherboy (the band).

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2006, 10:39:42 PM »
How long is this same conversation going to last?THe same thing over and over. Your killing me.

LOL!  Well Robin Chang can chime in at any time...
Motherboy (the band).

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #323 on: August 22, 2006, 10:42:17 PM »
Bob somehow finds Lee at fault (again) and Chang/AMI justified in their actions.. but guess what...Bob is on the AMI payroll!!

Ok - I am not on anyone's payroll, and even myself as a businessman who likes Lee a lot see Lee is wrong here.

Lee should pay for the ticket he used... Robin should pick up this years ticket.

Now this is the best situation. Lee, reimburse AMI the $423 from last year that you used for other travel. It is the right thing to do. And AMI should have the flight as it was (I didnt see it was cancelled anywhere). Also - stop with Lee out of the Olympia. He still is there, he still has the hotel room. The only issue is who pays for the current ticket.

This is absolutely true, anybody who had the chance to deal with Robin will tell you that he has integrity and is just a good person

This is true. Robin has always been a good person and doesnt bull around. I consider him someone that is an excellent person at what he does.  

LOL!  Well Robin Chang can chime in at any time...

Now, Robin is in New York for a few days taking care of business. Normally he is in town in Woodland Hills (Los Angeles). If he said he will call Lee, he will call. But there is nothing to chime in about. How simple can this get.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2006, 11:04:52 PM »

BHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ten pages in and then you research the rules?  So you just decided to argue with the peanut gallery then post this on like your 50th post?

BHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Motherboy (the band).