Author Topic: Great back session new deadlift poundage reached  (Read 3080 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Great back session new deadlift poundage reached
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006, 08:39:33 AM »
@overlord
i think 585 is a bit out of my limits for now... when i pulled the 550 i could feel it on my spine hard.. im sure u know how it feels when u max out on a heavy weight the first time.... its like ur whole body compacts i think i def have a lil way to go before i pull that... im 5'11 ..aint really ideally built for deads....
maybe sometime next year

@hedge.. 600 by the end of the year... naw....
but . u made an interesting point.. about light weeks.. when i first used to train with my then mentor... he used to do one week light ..and the other week heavy... i used to hate light week.. becase one i like liftin heavy..and 2 the way we used to do light days.. it was actually harder than heavy days.... so i may infact  give your suggestion some thought like maybe
135 for 30
225 for 20
315 for 15
405 for 10

Lemme give you a suggestion:

Light week:

Warmup set: 135 for 10-20
Acclimation set: 2-3 reps @ 225
Work set: 335 for 4-6 reps, 4 sets.

Moderate week:
Warmup: same as wk 1
Acclimation set 1: 2-3 reps @ 225
Accl set 2: 1-2 reps @ 315
Working sets: 445 lbs for 5 reps. 3-4 sets.

Heavy week:
Warmup and acclimation same as moderate week. Do an acclimation lift, one rep, with 405 lbs if you feel like it.

Then do three heavy triples, each one being heavier than the previous. Perhaps starting off with approx 465 lbs?

Don't change the weights in the Light and moderate weeks. But try to go higher every third week when doing the heavy week.

Once you're 50-60 lbs stronger you can up the weights used in the light and medium workout IMO.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Great back session new deadlift poundage reached
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006, 01:03:31 PM »
very interesting workouts hedge...
never worked out like that before....
def less volumn than i would normally use..
but ill give it a try and see what happens
choice is an illusion