Author Topic: Arm wrestling  (Read 8850 times)

ScottH711

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Arm wrestling
« on: August 22, 2006, 09:04:44 PM »
Hey everyone, I work out regularly and can bench way more then my brother and would say I'm a good bit stronger over all then he is. But we were playing around arm wrestling one day and it was no contest, he beat me easily. He don't work out but did grow up heavily involved in sports, mostly baseball. Just wondering how he can be so much stronger in that one area...and would like to know some  moves I can do to build my arm wrestling strength. I train at home with free weights so keep that in mind.

Thanks
Scott
Scott H

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Arm wrestling
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 09:15:57 PM »
Hey everyone, I work out regularly and can bench way more then my brother and would say I'm a good bit stronger over all then he is. But we were playing around arm wrestling one day and it was no contest, he beat me easily. He don't work out but did grow up heavily involved in sports, mostly baseball. Just wondering how he can be so much stronger in that one area...and would like to know some  moves I can do to build my arm wrestling strength. I train at home with free weights so keep that in mind.

Thanks
Scott

Put your hat on backwards! works everytime ;D
E

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 09:32:16 PM »
That movie is awesome! i totally forgot about it!
bodybuildersreality.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 12:27:11 AM »

Yes it does

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 06:09:16 AM »
Did u win the above arm wrestle onlyme??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 08:05:14 PM »

Thanks
Scott

It's quite simple, its technique... I've always said arm wrestling is all technique... I'm 6'3" and 165 lbs. Im very lean but cut. i have compariable strength to someone who is about 30 lbs. heavier thanks to my martial arts training. I've beaten plenty of big boys. but mostly it's about the wrist and getting the jump first. second use a lil shoulder im not saying be cheap and use the whole damn thing but dont be a duesche bag with your arm at a 45 degree angle either.... but i say its 1/3 strength and 1/3 technique and the other 1/3 is about the first jump good luck and a few exercises are do forearms, take your bench bar and throw some 25's on it and do 200 wrist curls. (key)= when letting it back down and rolling it out let it almost go to the end of your fingertips..... keep good control so you dont drop the bar but this will cause increased burning of muscle like a mother f*cker.... good luck this is what i used to do in high school and it seemed to work..

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 10:48:34 PM »
onlyme is clearly the guy on here you want to talk to
two thumbs WAY up!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 01:06:32 PM »
Did u win the above arm wrestle onlyme??

davie

Yes, I would never post a pic if I lost.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 01:29:24 PM »
onlyme, what did you guys think about stallone attempting to pass himself off as an armwrestling champion in the movie when he was only 165lbs?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 01:30:36 PM »
onlyme, what did you guys think about stallone attempting to pass himself off as an armwrestling champion in the movie when he was only 165lbs?
hahahaha, are you saying that Rick Zumwalt would have crushed Sly like a bug in real life, John?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 01:33:24 PM »
hahahaha, are you saying that Rick Zumwalt would have crushed Sly like a bug in real life, John?
im saying i dont think stallone could have leg pressed zumwalt's arm

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 01:35:14 PM »

Very believable. Remember he constantly practiced with those 40 pound pulldowns while he was driving.
E

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 03:26:34 PM »
havn't lots of guys torn bicep/tricep or both doing armwrestles? i know forsure of someone who has torn his bicep doing one.
bodybuildersreality.com

Taylor

• Getbig II
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 05:11:50 PM »
2 men holding hands .... GAY ;)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 09:38:43 PM »

Stallone actually postponed the shooting of Over the Top so he could concentrate on practicing.  He took it very seriously.  We all took turns training him.  He did get the turning of the hat from me.  I was in a meeting with Judy Friedman and the guy who wrote Good Guys Wear Black (can't remember his name) when she told me that they loved what I did with the hat.  She was head of PR or something for Cannon Films.

He weighed about 175 in that movie.  At the weighin in the movie they had a small bag of sand on the scale to make him weigh 195 or whatever it said. 

Rick actually got that role because Sly's wife didn't like me opposite of Sly.  Paula Gordon of White Eagle Productions (Sly's company at the time) called meto tell me she ousted me and liked Ric best.  I actually got the part because WWF wrestler Big John Studd who casted as the original Bull Hurley refused to work on his kids birthday.  So they fired him.  Sly also took his entire $14 million paycheck in advance.  Cannon was notorious for not paying.  Also, portion of the money made for that movie went to autism which Sly kid suffers from.  I wrestled Ric a few times and never lost.  He was a big guy and really nice.  He actually kept me in arm wrestling, when I wanted to quit.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 09:17:48 AM »
I'm sorry if i seem dumb onlyme, but were you in it at all? Thats cool that you trained my hero!
E

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 10:43:04 AM »
I'm sorry if i seem dumb onlyme, but were you in it at all? Thats cool that you trained my hero!

Nope they cut me out of everything i was in. The IAC (International Armwrestling Council) were the governing body holding the event the movie was filmed around.  I owned 30% of the IAC.  I had numerous friends at Cannon Films.  Yet all this "in-shit" got me nothing.  My major sponsor at the time Vuarnet sunglasses.  Everyting I wore was Vuarnet.  WHen I got dumped from the Bull Hurley role I shot everything in my Vuarnet clothes.  Well Over the Top was charging a $150,000 minimum PP fee. (Product Placement).  Well Vuarnet was convinced I was in it enough that they didn't need to pay or want to pay that fee.  Cannon wrote them a few times.  Well they didn't pay and I got cut out of anything I was in.  This was a time when knowing the right people in Hollywood didn't help at all.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 10:45:29 AM »
Nope they cut me out of everything i was in. The IAC (International Armwrestling Council) were the governing body holding the event the movie was filmed around.  I owned 30% of the IAC.  I had numerous friends at Cannon Films.  Yet all this "in-shit" got me nothing.  My major sponsor at the time Vuarnet sunglasses.  Everyting I wore was Vuarnet.  WHen I got dumped from the Bull Hurley role I shot everything in my Vuarnet clothes.  Well Over the Top was charging a $150,000 minimum PP fee. (Product Placement).  Well Vuarnet was convinced I was in it enough that they didn't need to pay or want to pay that fee.  Cannon wrote them a few times.  Well they didn't pay and I got cut out of anything I was in.  This was a time when knowing the right people in Hollywood didn't help at all.

That sucks. I love that movie, but they should have gotten a better actor for the son. He was terrible.
E

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 07:43:36 PM »

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 02:29:29 AM »
legendary stories!!!