Author Topic: Mr.Olympia's healthy lineup???  (Read 7278 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Mr.Olympia's healthy lineup???
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2006, 08:28:47 PM »
If the question at hand is...are athletes at world class levels healthy? My guess would be that many in as many different sports are not the epitome of what would be generally considered "good health"....

There hasn't been enough data from the thread starter, to put any stock into the Doc's findings...as I said, it sounds very much like a educated guess, nothing more.

My educated guess is, that the overwhelming number of DOCTORS are in far worse health than bodybuilders...

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2006, 08:37:12 PM »
If the question at hand is...are athletes at world class levels healthy? My guess would be that many in as many different sports are not the epitome of what would be generally considered "good health"....

There hasn't been enough data from the thread starter, to put any stock into the Doc's findings...as I said, it sounds very much like a educated guess, nothing more.

My educated guess is, that the overwhelming number of DOCTORS are in far worse health than bodybuilders...

I gotta say that upon the many doctors I have met....Bob is right on this one....Damn I hated saying that.... ;D
Watching The Haters

THEBERG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2006, 08:49:35 PM »

You are right Chick, alot of professional athletes have had health problems and alot of it has to do with overtraining or taking the body beyond it's limits. Even though these athletes can do almost superhuman things it is quite unhealthy to do so much trainign and also athletes eat for a competeive edge and not to be healthy and end up omitting foods that are nescessary for health.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2006, 09:16:14 PM »
Right.  But suppose he wanted stats on Olympians from the last 5 years. how many men is that, 40 maybe?  You could examine 20 of them and get a pretty good estimation of the health of all of them to a measureable probability of error.  All polls have some margin of error.  But you don't call 290 million people when you want to see who will be president.  You get a sampling.  Same way for the mr Os.

He COULD have done a lot of things...but were not debating ways in which to conduct a study...were debating his findings based on the little data provided by the thread starter.

I would have no problem IF he had a sampling, or if he has studied 25 guys at the Olympia level, etc...

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2006, 09:46:16 PM »
that is what you tell yourself so you sleep better at night

you were good i'm not taking that away from you

but you weren't good enough

E

And I wasn't good enough why?? FYI, In those pics I just turned 21 and just because I wasn't stupid enough to risk my health doesn't mean I couldn't have done it, and it was just a about a year before that I was playing AA baseball and the trainers back then would rarley let me lift on a regular basis, I do know one thing, guys like Kamali would have been an issue :-X!!

Iago

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2006, 10:46:28 PM »
100% of actively competing pro bodybuilders are leading unhealthy lives

95% of them convince themselves otherwise

87% of statements made by Chick are lies

63% of statistics are fabricated

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2006, 10:53:00 PM »
He COULD have done a lot of things...but were not debating ways in which to conduct a study...

You made a statement which claimed the Doc's word was BS because he didn't test every bodybuilder: 

the Doc would've had to test 100% of the Bbers to arrive at that number...

To me, when a man abuses statistics, it's like smacking a woman, ya know?

Bast175

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2006, 10:57:44 PM »
Please STFU,you already showed you have no analitical knowlege.
A study of this sort will need to use a huge variance in its statistics because of the many variables in it.
So he was right that the Doc will need a very large sample to claim a 50% in the total popultion.
Im sure he got 50% in his study ,but with the mad variance his PDF /ADF got he can make too many assumptions.

haha he said 100% which wouldn't be a sample at all.

Bast175

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2006, 11:02:13 PM »
The president's approval rating is meaningless.  There is room for too much variance, since they don't poll every singly U.S. citizen.

::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2006, 11:05:13 PM »
Well I know a few statistics Chic can't argue

1. The IFBB is 100% fucked up
2. The Olympia is at least 80% fucked up
3. AMI knows 0% about BB
4. Manion is 100% in this for himself and family
5. The IFBB cares 0% about their members
6. The IFBB is less than 40% of what it was in the 70's and 80's
7. 100% of every competitive IFBB pro takes outrageous amounts of roids
8. Less than 5% of all IFBB members make his living directly from competing
9. 99.9999% of all IFBB members are scared boys who have no self respect or honor (excluding Lee)
10.  The IFBB is 100% fucked up

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2006, 01:29:54 AM »
Well, as for all we know, Ronnie once claimed that he's healthier than his doctor.. I guess the doctor was on the death bed
I am a mini beast

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2006, 01:34:20 AM »
The president's approval rating is meaningless.  There is room for too much variance, since they don't poll every singly U.S. citizen.

I heard you have to poll every citizen twice.  In case they didn't hear you right the first time.

Chiconomics is fun :)  Compete distortion of any facts or logic to fit an agenda. 

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2006, 02:29:05 AM »
You dont need to bother your self  talking about this study.
I think it has been proved enough by the list of dead pool of BBer.
Pros are not healthy?  No surprise.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2006, 03:06:18 AM »
You made a statement which claimed the Doc's word was BS because he didn't test every bodybuilder: 

To me, when a man abuses statistics, it's like smacking a woman, ya know?

Do you actualy know how to create a density function?
I bet that while doing your "mba" you never saw any other distribution beside Gausses.

Why dont you go back and try to calculate freefall speed before you go into more complicated areas as statistics?

Being fat and living at a trailer park/getbig.com is the way to go...I will strive for my kids to be just like you  ::)

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2006, 06:30:13 AM »

That doesn't sound like "hope" for pro b.b either............... :'(

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2006, 06:44:28 AM »

There won't b enough data because not body cares to spend$$ in such "stats" or "polls".........

I know doctors who are involved with bodybuildes diets and life styles" and based on what they see they can talk to you "off the record"............. now will they go and make a research on that??  I don't think so'..........

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2006, 07:35:34 AM »
He COULD have done a lot of things...but were not debating ways in which to conduct a study...were debating his findings based on the little data provided by the thread starter.

I would have no problem IF he had a sampling, or if he has studied 25 guys at the Olympia level, etc...

You're trying to argue with a guy who thinks the World Trade Center was destroyed by a "controlled demolition" and that the Pentagon was hit by a missile on 9/11. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2006, 07:42:50 AM »
Does any body remember the Bertil Fox murders? Sports Illustrated ran an article Bertil and the world of bodybuilding, and that was sick. Those writers for SI should be put to an electric chair
Get Big, or Die Trying

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2006, 07:52:58 AM »
did any body saw that piece by Sport illustrated, that was sick

Get Big, or Die Trying