Author Topic: Mr.Olympia's healthy lineup???  (Read 7352 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Mr.Olympia's healthy lineup???
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 05:41:28 PM »
This just means that every person that belongs to weight trains or does aerobics is an athelte.  BB is NOT a sport and this post you made doesn't prove otherwise.  But good try.

yes it does

bodybuilding is competitive physical exertion

bodybuilding = sport

E
E

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 05:59:54 PM »
let's just hope that the eggwhite people aren't putting you in charge of any money over there.  

If you don't understand how a simple population sample can be used to reach something more than "an educated guess", I sure wouldn't want you in charge of marketing efforts or resource allocation.

Please STFU,you already showed you have no analitical knowlege.
A study of this sort will need to use a huge variance in its statistics because of the many variables in it.
So he was right that the Doc will need a very large sample to claim a 50% in the total popultion.
Im sure he got 50% in his study ,but with the mad variance his PDF /ADF got he can make too many assumptions.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 06:00:58 PM »
let's just hope that the eggwhite people aren't putting you in charge of any money over there.  

If you don't understand how a simple population sample can be used to reach something more than "an educated guess", I sure wouldn't want you in charge of marketing efforts or resource allocation.

Mhmm... 240.... it's true, Chick statement was not correct. But in this case the population is so small (20 or so) that in order to have a reasonable level of confidence for any inferential purpose you need a big sample (compared to the population), at least 10. However that is still more than an educated guess because the doctor's claim is based on some scientific knowledge and reported cases.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 10:12:12 PM »
Please STFU,you already showed you have no analitical knowlege.

hey champ, can you help me out?  I don't know what that word means.  "analitical"?  Some sort of cornholing terminology?

AVBG

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 10:40:24 PM »
hey champ, can you help me out?  I don't know what that word means.  "analitical"?  Some sort of cornholing terminology?

LOL  ;D

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 11:52:18 PM »
hey champ, can you help me out?  I don't know what that word means.  "analytical"?  Some sort of cornholing terminology?

As usual you try to change subject when you get owned.
Analytical diagnosing is something you obviously cant do.
Yeah...you're MBA sure sounds legit,go back and check what variance is.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2006, 12:04:28 AM »
As usual you try to change subject when you get owned.
Analytical diagnosing is something you obviously cant do.
Yeah...you're MBA sure sounds legit,go back and check what variance is.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2006, 12:10:19 AM »

Such a slick reply... ::)
This have nothing to do with Bob,I didnt eve noticed he posted.

This is all about you trying to sound smart and you just say a bunch of BS about statistics.Go back to school son.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2006, 12:13:40 AM »
This is all about you trying to sound smart and you just say a bunch of BS about statistics.Go back to school son.

I don't really like the current interest rates on student loans. 

You sound like the kinda guy who get a monthly check for being a little too slow for the fast lane known as life.  Hook a brother up with some learnin' stipends?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2006, 12:14:15 AM »
LOL!!!  That was good.

yeah it sure was sweet hey! youre so smart guy coz you dont even have to say it but we can only guess that you already know what those things are while the rest of us just sit here and pretend

yeah

it sure was sweet

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2006, 12:20:40 AM »
Should healthy and mr. Olympia be in the same sentance.  isn't that an oxymoron.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2006, 12:37:13 AM »
I don't really like the current interest rates on student loans. 

You sound like the kinda guy who get a monthly check for being a little too slow for the fast lane known as life.  Hook a brother up with some learnin' stipends?

I love the way you try and steer off the subject.As usual you get owned and you just try to deny it ever happend.

240 life in denial for the win  ::)

Go go trailer trash!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2006, 12:40:10 AM »
I love the way you try and steer off the subject.As usual you get owned and you just try to deny it ever happend.

240 life in denial for the win  ::)

Go go trailer trash!

Sounds like your dinner is really kicking in.  20/20 as usual?  Or did you spoil yourself with some boone's strawberry hill?

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2006, 02:09:54 PM »
Every sport has its risks. I think the most injury related sport per person is basketball, followed by football, if I cam correct.

http://www.americansportsdata.com/sports_injury1.asp

Yes but they (other sports) all are open about their "risks" and injury...

In  Mr.O no matter if the percentage is lower than 50, they will always deny it...

You think that if Ronnie,Jay,Victor,Gustavo,Gunter,Dexter, etc.. if any of these guys are suffering from high blood pressure or "something else" will come clean about it??

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2006, 03:30:59 PM »
Its a trade off that athletes in any profession face.  Football, basketball, bb, etc. all have risks but the trick is to be smart about what the body can handle and don't go beyond that just to win.

PS:  I know alot of get biggers say bb isn't a sport so I went to Webster's Dictionary online to get a definition to clarify the matter.

Main Entry: ath·lete 
Pronunciation: 'ath-"lEt, ÷'a-th&-"lEt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin athleta, from Greek athlEtEs, from athlein to contend for a prize, from athlon prize, contest
: a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina   

It says "skill"....Bodybuilding requires NO skill!!

Hope this helps!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 03:50:50 PM »
Nothing more than an educated guess, as the Doc would've had to test 100% of the Bbers to arrive at that number...I'd be curious to know what the NFL rate is, etc....

An extremly educated guess. And I would assume the NFL would depend on the position played...I'm sure linemen would be at a higher risk!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »
It says "skill"....Bodybuilding requires NO skill!!

Hope this helps!

this thinking is the reason you never turned pro

E
E

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2006, 06:10:28 PM »
this thinking is the reason you never turned pro

E

Don't be rediculous, I've always said it wasn't a sport, it didn't make me train any less harder. I never had the desire to turn pro!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2006, 06:11:40 PM »
Don't be rediculous, I've always said it wasn't a sport, it didn't make me train any less harder. I never had the desire to turn pro!

that is what you tell yourself so you sleep better at night

you were good i'm not taking that away from you

but you weren't good enough

E
E

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2006, 06:13:17 PM »

Mr. Intenseone your name contradicts your beliefs!
just push some weight!

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2006, 07:59:50 PM »
not by any means am i saying its a sport but how many people die each year in Alaska King crabbing?

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2006, 08:05:43 PM »
There is nothing healthy about the Olympia..even the tans are fake and the prize money is a joke.
The BBinsider

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2006, 08:16:37 PM »
Actually, the concept of polling is that you take a sample of the population, study their results, then use that data to arrive at a number which you can prove to be correct within a certain % using statistical tools.

Bob, you know about the bell curve and standard deviation, don't you?

Yeah...I wen't to school myself.

I also know that I find it hard to believe that this particular Dr. in all probability, has seen/ diagnosed enough of the athletes at the Olympia level, to make such a statement that 50% of them are suffering from this or that...

If he tested 2 Olympians, and 1 happened to have these symptoms...I guess he could say 50%...but he would also have to disclose that he has tested only 2...either way, it would hardly be a reflection, or any conclusive evidence of ANY sort of study.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2006, 08:23:01 PM »
According to a cardiologist that treats athletes (specially MLB and NFL players )I did an interview with this morning in Boston MA he told me that 50 % of the pro bodybuilder's in Mr.O level are suffering from heart condition (irregular heartbeat) due to the tickness of the blood from anabolic hormones) that doesn't mean they're  going to drop dead on stage this year but they have been treated for such condition.....despite  they say they're  healthy.

I'm sadly surprised,  i think that is way too hight average
just wanted to share this info.........

How does he know that?  Is it just educated speculation or has he actually tested the Mr. O competitors?  I don't think he has tested them.  Also remember that the lifestyle of LOTS of pro athetes (NFL etc) is a very unhealthy one.  Training basically only takes place half the year and they party and drink and drug like no tomorrow.  Any one ever hang out with Marvin Jones?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2006, 08:23:19 PM »
I also know that I find it hard to believe that this particular Dr. in all probability, has seen/ diagnosed enough of the athletes at the Olympia level, to make such a statement that 50% of them are suffering from this or that...

If he tested 2 Olympians, and 1 happened to have these symptoms...I guess he could say 50%...but he would also have to disclose that he has tested only 2...either way, it would hardly be a reflection, or any conclusive evidence of ANY sort of study.

Right.  But suppose he wanted stats on Olympians from the last 5 years. how many men is that, 40 maybe?  You could examine 20 of them and get a pretty good estimation of the health of all of them to a measureable probability of error.  All polls have some margin of error.  But you don't call 290 million people when you want to see who will be president.  You get a sampling.  Same way for the mr Os.