Author Topic: AB WORKOUT  (Read 4919 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
AB WORKOUT
« on: August 31, 2006, 02:01:13 PM »
I've been trying to get the ripped six pack look for a while now, and nothing is happening... I've tried the AB Lounge (it gives a good workout and its the wifes) I've tried crunches with weight on the gut everything. Anyone got a ripping AB workout... I'm 6'2" and about 170lbs. so i cant believe this goal could be that hard to obtain.....

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: AB WORKOUT
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 02:18:23 PM »
abs are more diet and cardio mucle. you have to have low bodyfat. I wouldn't train abs daily b/c you can overtraining them or  it can enlange. you 'll end up spot building the abs. I would say 2-3 time a week with a mix of weights and bodweight movements.

try this
floor crunches
rope crunches
knee up

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 02:32:07 PM »
the ab lounge,,,what the fuck,,,u need to really work on them with real excercies for abs,,not some stupid informerical bullshit. Stop being lazy..clean up your diet,,and start doing real exercies

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 03:44:09 PM »
the ab lounge,,,what the f**k,,,u need to really work on them with real excercies for abs,,not some stupid informerical bullshit. Stop being lazy..clean up your diet,,and start doing real exercies

Jedi I didnt say I still used it. I TRIED THE F*CKING THING.... Why do you think im asking for other advice... My wife got it for a christmas present. thought why the f*ck not try it..... It was to easy.... And diet how do you know i eat like shit.... I'm actually trying to get to 200lbs or soas a start so im loading protien about 200 g a day and eating everything i can chicken tuna beef salmon and whatever else i can get my hands on.... so thanks for the advice..... Some F*CKING PEOPLE??????????

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 09:53:13 PM »

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 12:55:10 AM »
get the ab slide. swear to god i do one set of it going all the way down and all the way up until absolute complete total muscular failure and the next day my abs are destroyed and the workout is only like 3 minutes long. i swear, the ab slide works.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 11:57:25 AM »
Add this to your routine.

Don't swing ~
:

Carter

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
Just like the others said...

You gotta have a low percentage of body fat. Basically if you've been workin out, you got the abs! only that they are covered with a nasty layer of fat. :)

Have you tried the net to research about abdominal workouts? Like Virtual Fitness Trainer or sumthin like that? Try google.com.

And yeah, really do not trust infomercials! YOu gotta be skeptical of those, they rob a s-load of money, they prey on people who want easy way out. :) Equips are not bad though, but you gotta learn the basics...

I use the gym ball it is challenging yet enjoyable. I may not have the six pack just yet but I've been doin my homework about that thang. :)

Good luck!

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 05:16:32 PM »

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 07:50:41 PM »
Everybody has abs!!!
You just have to get rid of the fat that is covering them :-\
thats the hard part :-[

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 07:39:38 AM »
Everybody has abs!!!
You just have to get rid of the fat that is covering them :-\
thats the hard part :-[

So true. When standing straight up, I have a GH Gut, but can flex my abs to a pretty ripped state. No drugs either, but I do have a short torso and skinny everywhere else but my stomach.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 02:34:08 PM »

Try this one if you can't do the hanging hip raises.  I've been using them for a while and am always sore afterwards.  I've am also starting to see my abs, even with the extra fat that I still have to whittle off them. 

When I do them, I go all the way up and touch my toes to the handle that I'm holding and then lower slowly.

You might also go check out http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/WaistWt.html.  They have a great list of illustrated ab exercises like this one.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 03:24:36 AM »
Actually your fat hasn't have to be that low to have visible abs.

Just make sure you use proper excersises like deadlift and squat. They train your core like no other abexcersise.
If you use a belt all the time during training,
ditch it. Save it only when you go really heavy. A couple of hundred lbs for a deadlift without a belt is possible if you have decent abs.

Hanging legraises als did the trick for me, once in a while a couple of crunches, a bit of vacuumtraining and that's the whole story.