Author Topic: Basic Nutritional Information  (Read 111603 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Bodybuilding Foods
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2007, 07:07:28 AM »
Red Wine

stella and I have gone on and on about red wine... to list a few of it's best attributes:
- it's low in calories compared to other alcoholic drinks
- it reduces inflamations
- it fights cancer
- it makes you regular
- it soothes the soul
- it reduces blood pressure
- it increases libido
- it increases erectile function
- it reduces artirial hardening

- it makes ugly men look less ugly
- it gives me something to talk to Stella about
- it gives my left hand something to do as i type right handed...

the list goes on and on

Just drink juice made from merlot grapes - genus vitis vinifera. It will give you all the benefits of red wine minus the deleterious effects of alcohol, like increased aromatization of testosterone to estrogen and the wholesale destruction of neurons.

As for it making ugly men less ugly, it is a cruel thing to say not to mention unnecessary to this thread, but I guess that everyone is entitled to freedom of speech.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

kittom

• Getbig II
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2007, 05:05:30 AM »
for the off beat and quick fun.. dark chocoloate....yummy
and for the hunters out there.. yes processed deer is one of the leanest red meats around..however, the best tasting to be is ELK...

chinchillables

• Getbig I
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2008, 10:04:54 AM »
Good list... I can't believe you don't have Tuna listed under proteins though. That's like the most common and best known of all it would seem.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2008, 07:09:34 AM »
Burgers, steaks, fries, veggies, chinese food, sushi, schnitzel, fruits, chicken wings, ice cream, spare ribs, cake, brownies, nuts, bread, eggs, cheese, beer, wine, pie, pasta, salad, meat ball, butter, pizza, lamb chops, pudding, ham, bacon, chocolate, marshmallows, etc. Everything that tastes great and a little extra protein if necessary.

GetYolked

• Getbig I
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2008, 01:15:32 AM »
Keep the list short and simple, I just keep an eye on my protein intake and have just learned to know when my body could take some more. After a workout it's absolutely necessary to drink a protein shake to give your body (in its anabolic state) protein to start the rebuilding. I do a scoop and a half or a scoop with a meal if I'm feeling hungry after a workout. My meals always have some big protein kicker in them. Meats are the best sources and should be consumed whenever possible, but my big alternative sources come from eggs (8g per egg) in the morning , and peanut butter for snacks (7g per serving). The other times I eat include some carbs and veggies with loads of chicken, beef, fish, etc.

I also take a multi-vitamin every morning to get any nutrients I miss that day and drink Muscle Milk for my after workout protein shake for the extra vitamins it contains. Yes it has more fat in it but those are the last of my worries as a 20-year old at the moment so it's beneficial to me.

Also, a big tip that many of my buddies didn't realize is that sleep is the other time in which your body is in an anabolic state, so taking protein within an hour or so of sleeping is also key to keeping your body full of protein. Eat 2 peanut butter sandwiches, drink a smaller protein shake, or have some other source of around 20g of protein and it'll help growth.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2008, 10:22:59 PM »
  Just buy dried grape skin and eat it. That's a mega dose of polyphenols right there.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

bigrh

• Getbig I
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2009, 02:13:53 AM »
Really good list. 

Venison's quite good.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2009, 05:40:33 AM »
Venison's quite good.

The butcher I’m currently using makes awesome Slim Jims out of the deer we take him.
Unlike many butchers, he doesn’t add any pork to the mix, either.
Most of the time that translates to a rather dry & tough product.
But this guy knows what he’s doing – right processing, seasoning, etc.

Deer jerky is another of my favorites, but it takes a while to make and he doesn’t have the time. He only butchers deer on the side.

bigjoered

• Getbig II
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »
Don't forget the benefits of snacking on roasted almonds.

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2010, 06:13:40 PM »
There's an algea drink they make in Thailand that's said to give you 100% of your daily nutritional requirements in about a 24 ounce glass. Has anyone ever heard of this?
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

jordyb80

• Getbig II
Re: Basic Nutritional Information
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »
I havent heard of that but I know there are many greens mixes that provide that kind of nutritional value...

nischal

• Getbig I
Re: Basic Nutritional Information
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2012, 11:34:09 PM »
Oh....its really great....thanks for sharing all this informations.i think everybody should need this type of information.