Author Topic: why are bodybuilders so HUMBLE...  (Read 13287 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
why are bodybuilders so HUMBLE...
« on: September 02, 2006, 08:28:44 AM »
i have seen this alot of times that big and strong guys always humble..guys like kevin levrone,ronnie coleman,markus ruhl,orville burke,dorian yates,jay cutler etc are like freaks of nature in real life and when you talk to them they are so humble...i have known some big guys who boast about themselves and are too cocky and they fuckin act like assholes...but in the case of pro bodybuilders its completely the opposite..these guys are like the bigger they become the more humble they get..and that is why i respect these pro bodybuilders alot.all of these freaks are so soft spoken its seems strange sometimes
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Alexander Sturm

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: why are bodybuilders so HUMBLE...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 08:39:39 AM »
Because they are professionals and that`s part of their profession.

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 08:40:33 AM »
i have seen this alot of times that big and strong guys always humble..guys like kevin levrone,ronnie coleman,markus ruhl,orville burke,dorian yates,jay cutler etc are like freaks of nature in real life and when you talk to them they are so humble...i have known some big guys who boast about themselves and are too cocky and they fuckin act like assholes...but in the case of pro bodybuilders its completely the opposite..these guys are like the bigger they become the more humble they get..and that is why i respect these pro bodybuilders alot.all of these freaks are so soft spoken its seems strange sometimes

They are humble b/c they do not have a physique rather a chemical costume.  They are guilty.  That is the truth!!!!

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 09:07:21 AM »
Lou Ferrigno says "HI" ;D

thisiskeith12

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 09:14:06 AM »
I wouldn't consider Ronnie humble

Alexander Sturm

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 09:37:14 AM »
@Howdog

Here`s the truth. You`re an idiot.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 09:40:37 AM »
Because, they are not insecure.
I mean they dont need to bother themselves with pretending like "they have something".
Because,THEY HAVE.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 09:44:18 AM »
Lou Ferrigno says "HI" ;D

and charges you 20 bucks for bodybuilding tips if you reply.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 10:12:26 AM »
They are stupid to be humble.

Arnold wasn`t.  Either was Serge Nubret.

They would beat everyone before the contest.

They had greater intelligence.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 10:24:12 AM »
Very cool. I like this and think it's totally true (in most cases...Ronny it just weird I'd say, not especially cocky).

Let's have a competition to see who can list the most people on GetBig who 'are pretending like 'they have something'". I'll start:

• The True Adonis

You reek of insecurity fatbody..........You can`t get lean because your fat is your mental blanket....You think it is muscle.  You think you are bigger than everyone when it is all just fat.  You then look at your arms and think,"Oh how puny they are,I`ll go get synthol from Greggvalentino.net and start injecting.Maybe then people will think I am big."

Your lifts are a joke...I am STRONGER than you....I have outlifted you and you are nearly 300 lbs of uncooked bacon...hahhahahahahahha hhahaha

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 10:30:06 AM »
Ok, thats fine. You're stronger than me. So go to a powerlifting board and stay away from us pussy bodybuilders lifting tiny weight.

Open invitation to leave Adonis. You said it, not me.

hahhahah YOU ARENT A BODYBUILDER!!!!!!!!!

You use Synthol like a protein shake.  You are FAT.

Bodybuilding IS NOT FAT building. hahhahahh

You are just a fat slob who goes to the YMCA.  Go find the fat slob YMCA board.  You know nothing about bodybuilding or the history of it.  You NEVER have been lean. hahhahah

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 10:47:32 AM »

Wasn't is Arnold who said... "When you are driving a Ferrari, you don't have to speed around all the time. You know when you push the pedal you're going to go faster than everybody."
and keep moving!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 10:52:26 AM »
You reek of insecurity fatbody..........You can`t get lean because your fat is your mental blanket....You think it is muscle.  You think you are bigger than everyone when it is all just fat.  You then look at your arms and think,"Oh how puny they are,I`ll go get synthol from Greggvalentino.net and start injecting.Maybe then people will think I am big."

Your lifts are a joke...I am STRONGER than you....I have outlifted you and you are nearly 300 lbs of uncooked bacon...hahhahahahahahha hhahaha

Not to steer this thread totally off topic, but how did you possibly pull off doing 112 reps with 225 lbs in the deadlift?

DaddyWaddy. The bodybuilding/weightlifting gods blessed me yesterday and I did 112 reps total with 225 on the deadlift.  Breathing like a locomotive for sure.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 11:11:23 AM »
They are humble b/c they do not have a physique rather a chemical costume.  They are guilty.  That is the truth!!!!

BEST SHIT I TREAD today, i am the man this proves it
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 11:25:18 AM »
Not to steer this thread totally off topic, but how did you possibly pull off doing 112 reps with 225 lbs in the deadlift?

YIP
Zack

Hard Work.  Deadlift has always come easily for me.

Next time I do it I will videotape it.  The trick is, NEVER put the bar down...If you have to stand there and catch your breath for a few seconds, do so with the bar in hand.

Wee Laddy

• Getbig II
  • Bow to your bunny overlords!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 11:30:19 AM »
Hard Work.  Deadlift has always come easily for me.

Next time I do it I will videotape it.  The trick is, NEVER put the bar down...If you have to stand there and catch your breath for a few seconds, do so with the bar in hand.
Good grip!  All that whacking before Jezebelle sure paid off.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 12:08:54 PM »
Yea Chic and Sean are really humble ::) ::) ::) ::)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 12:49:42 PM »
wat i am tryin to say that most of the guys are cocky as hell for eg boxers like mike tyson,mohammed ali etc who kept on rambling on shit that was totally rude...that sucks.but these pro bodybuilders are like quiet..they keep their mouth sut..damn i really liked ronnies humbleness in his video 'on the road'..damn thats strange.being a feak of nature and then at the same time down to earth and soft spoken.thats all i want to say...and then we have assholes like chris cormier,flex wheeler and a bunch of others who were like shit....
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 01:00:30 PM »
...but in the case of pro bodybuilders its completely the opposite..these guys are like the bigger they become the more humble they get..and that is why i respect these pro bodybuilders alot.

What kind of crack are you smoking?

One word:

KAMALI!

Ron: "I am lazy."

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 01:05:22 PM »

One word:

KAMALI!

but not all pro bodybuilders humble..this kamali fellow is an asshole.he is a disgrace to bodybuilding..in kamalis case the bigger you became the more of an asshole you get.thats wat kamali is all about
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 03:57:22 PM »
Wasn't is Arnold who said... "When you are driving a Ferrari, you don't have to speed around all the time. You know when you push the pedal you're going to go faster than everybody."

In the Pumping Iron book, I believe.
I min/max my physique

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 07:39:54 AM »
people that are great don't need to mention how great they are

why say it when everybody already knows? 8)

E
E

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 07:47:09 AM »
Humble? I hope you are never stranded on a desert island with a bodybuilder. He'll steal your rations and let you starve to death rather than lose muscle.

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 08:44:58 AM »

One word:

KAMALI!

A picture says a thousand words. Brutal exemplification of virtually every bodybuilder stereotype known to man encapsulated in one photo image... :o
Greed is good!

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 08:52:55 AM »
Pro BB are mostly about the money themself and thier personal enjoyment usually in that order.
My personal experience shows me that (not a complete list):

Quincy, Melvin (last couple of years) = HUMBLE

Dexter, DJ, Shari, Stan, Shawn = NOT HUMBLE

Milos, Dorian somwwhere in between

-keep it real-