Author Topic: Out in the West Texas town of El Paso, I fell in love with a Mexican girl . . .  (Read 16122 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
This is all I got (From wikipedia):

Paranoia is an excessive anxiety or fear concerning one's own well-being which is considered irrational and excessive, perhaps to the point of being a psychosis. This typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a likely threat, or a belief in a conspiracy theory. In the original Greek, παράνοια (paranoia) means simply madness (para = outside; nous = mind) and it is this use which was traditionally used in psychiatry to describe any delusional state. However, the exact use of the term has changed over time in medicine, and because of this, modern psychiatric usage may vary.

In popular culture paranoia is often represented as including:

* Belief in having special powers or being on a special mission (a "delusion of grandeur")
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=91864.msg1325720#msg1325720
    * Conspiracy theories, such as seeing seemingly unrelated news events as parts of a larger, typically conspiratorial plan
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=91565.msg1326869#msg1326869
    * Exaggerated fear of terrorists, criminals or bandits
    * Black helicopters and other mass surveillance
    * Persecution from powerful adversaries such as UFOs, terrorists, the Men in Black, secret societies or demons
    * Paranoia or belief in conspiracy theories involving perceived political or social enemies (as in The Paranoid Style in American Politics by Richard Hofstadter)
    * Mind control through invisible rays, and tinfoil hats to combat them
    * Fear of poisoning, adulterated food (e.g., aspartame) or water (e.g., fluoridation) as part of a secret plot
    * Reading a story, watching a movie, or listening to a song and feeling that one's life is exactly like that of the subject of said story, movie, or song. The movie The Truman Show, which depicted a man who discovers his entire life has been filmed as a TV show, is one of the more commonly referenced films.
    * The maxim: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't really out to get you.
    * Along the same vein: Even paranoids have enemies.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: I have spent thousands of hours researching paranoia . . . please help.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 05:07:38 PM »
An alternative definition of the paranoid could simply be: those individuals on the cutting edge of awareness, privileged with the ability to see the big picture, those seemingly superficial dots represent.

When we closely examine pixels or dots on a page, they're simply that; pixels & dots. However when we pull back, we're afforded a better vantage point through which the big picture emerges very clearly. Proper perspective is key. Some "paranoids" have it {whispering} ...and some are just CRAAAAZZY!   :P
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 05:21:33 PM »
Causes and symptoms of groupthink
Janis's "antecedent conditions" likely to encourage groupthink:

High stress from external threats with low hope of a better solution than the one offered by the leader(s)
High group cohesiveness
The persuasive strength of the group's leader
His eight symptoms indicative of groupthink:

Illusion of invulnerability
Unquestioned belief in the inherent morality of the group
Collective rationalization of group's decisions
Shared stereotypes of outgroup, particularly opponents
Self-censorship; members withhold criticisms
Illusion of unanimity (see false consensus effect)
Direct pressure on dissenters to conform
Self-appointed "mindguards" protect the group from negative information
His seven symptoms of a decision affected by groupthink:

Incomplete survey of alternatives
Incomplete survey of objectives
Failure to examine risks of preferred choice
Failure to re-appraise initially rejected alternatives
Poor information search
Selective bias in processing information at hand (see also confirmation bias)
Failure to work out contingency plans
Social psychologist Clark McCauley's three conditions under which groupthink occurs:

Directive leadership
Homogeneity of members' social background and ideology
Insulation of the group from outside sources of information and analysis

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 05:48:15 PM »

* Conspiracy theories, such as seeing seemingly unrelated news events as parts of a larger, typically conspiratorial plan

Ouch.  240 didn't you imply that the arrest of alleged JonBenet killer was some kind of planned diversion? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 05:55:10 PM »
Ouch.  240 didn't you imply that the arrest of alleged JonBenet killer was some kind of planned diversion? 

I suggested the possibility.  I pointed out that the 911 truth movement was getting a lot of media attention in july.  Then we had the UK terror scare dominate the news.  Then as soon as there was no new news, this clown comes out of nowhere and confesses.  He is escoretd by homeland security - for some odd reason, the only available agency to help is the one that the executive branch built and directly controls. Then, 2 hours after he was cleared, they arrested this polygamist from Utah.  Just seems like as soon as one distractor ends, the next begins.

Beach bum, yes or no:  Do you believe that the govt has ever committed any self-attacks in order to further its agenda?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 06:04:22 PM »
Paranoid could also be used to describe someone who RAMS THEIR HEAD IN THE SAND IN FEAR OF SEEING A REALITY THAT DISRUPTS THEIR UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD... 

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it." yes I know it's just a movie, but that doesn't mean it's void of any meaning.  The Wachowski Brothers are very much commenting on our world with their movies.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 06:07:49 PM »

Question everything... 8)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 06:11:07 PM »
but use common sense first...
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 06:16:03 PM »
and during the act... absolutely... I agree... Question everything does not mean to accept everything questioned.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 06:18:31 PM »

Common sense says when there's a plane crash, you find a plane.  
See: Pentagon.

Common sense says when America is under attack, the President gets to work.
See: President at elem. school from 9:02 til 9:30 after finding out.

Common sense says buildings do not fall from fire in freefall speed.
See:
WTC7 collapse.

Common sense says hijacked planes don't fly for 80 minuts unattended.
See: Flight 77.

Common sense says hijackers are on the planes they hijack.
See: Flight manifast for flight 77 - no arabs bought tickets, no arabs were autopsied.

Common sense says we cannot see the future.
See: The pentagon brass that all cancelled their 9/11 AM flights.

Common sense says you investigate a crime scene.
See: Guilliani shipping crime scene to China for recycling and not testing one piece of steel for chemical analysis.

Common sense says you investigate 4 plane crashes immediately.
See: Bush waited 18 months to start, and only did so because of intense media pressure.

If you use common sense, you really see some problems with the day's events.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 06:28:51 PM »
I suggested the possibility.  I pointed out that the 911 truth movement was getting a lot of media attention in july.  Then we had the UK terror scare dominate the news.  Then as soon as there was no new news, this clown comes out of nowhere and confesses.  He is escoretd by homeland security - for some odd reason, the only available agency to help is the one that the executive branch built and directly controls. Then, 2 hours after he was cleared, they arrested this polygamist from Utah.  Just seems like as soon as one distractor ends, the next begins.

Beach bum, yes or no:  Do you believe that the govt has ever committed any self-attacks in order to further its agenda?

What's a "self attack"? 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 06:29:05 PM »
ommon sense says we cannot see the future.
See: The pentagon brass that all cancelled their 9/11 AM flights.

but see here is the problem with a lot of the stuff you have been posting lately.

Just because an event happens does not necessarily imply a cause that relates to a conspiracy theory.

for example: just because the pentagon members cancelled some flights does not necessarily mean that they knew 9/11 was about to occur that day, as you propose.

How do we know that a meeting was not called that morning, causing people to cancel their fligtts to attend?

or some other occurance?

The point I am getting at is that with a lot of this conspiracy stuff the events that happen are implied to be a direct result of some conspiracy plot, when in actual fact, there are a multitude of perfectly logical reasons for that particular event or action to occur.

Secondly, you have been completely ignoring evidence that dissproves a lot of what you say.

eg. "you have to find a plane"

well - they DID find parts of a plane, but then you insist that someone put wreckage there by hand out of the blue with no evidence to support it.

240, it sounds like no matter what contrary evidence you are presented with, you will always insist that 9/11 was an inside job.

no matter what.

Flower Boy Ran Away

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 06:31:06 PM »
please show me contrary evidence telling where this plane went.  how did it make a perfect 16-foot hole IN, and a perfect 16-foot hole out.  It's so obviously a missile man.

use common sense. Does this look like a missile hole, or look like a plane hole?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 06:34:54 PM »

240, it sounds like no matter what contrary evidence you are presented with, you will always insist that 9/11 was an inside job.

no matter what.

so I confused . . . is that paranoia or groupthink that he has symptoms of?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 06:39:42 PM »
please show me contrary evidence telling where this plane went.  how did it make a perfect 16-foot hole IN, and a perfect 16-foot hole out.  It's so obviously a missile man.

use common sense. Does this look like a missile hole, or look like a plane hole?

you're quite sick in the head, my friend. anyone can see in the pic you've so kindly supplied us with that the entry "hole" is far larger than the "exit." I don't know why i'm pointing this out to you . . . as banging my head on my dresser would probably be a more productive activity.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 06:40:33 PM »
I'm accused of being paranoid because I would like a new investigation to clear up the questions that 1/3 of Americans have about that day?

No.  I am curious, and worried that some people involved might still be on the loose.  Nothing at all wrong with that.  

Groupthink might involve thinking what everyone else thinks because anything outside of their norm is strange.  You could also be called a sheep for blindly following everything you are told by a little glowing box,without question.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 06:41:04 PM »
yea with the plane in the pentagon... Isn't it a little strange that they completely reconstruct most of flight 800 which blew up over water, but they only have a relatively small pile parts with the pentagon crash?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 06:41:41 PM »
you're quite sick in the head, my friend. anyone can see in the pic you've so kindly supplied us with that the entry "hole" is far larger than the "exit." I don't know why i'm pointing this out to you . . . as banging my head on my dresser would probably be a more productive activity.

Dude, you are outright wrong.  Here are the first pics taken that day, before the roof collapsed 10 minutes later

16 foot in, 16 foot out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 06:43:40 PM »

how about doing your damn research before accusing me of things?

There was a 16-foot hole when the pentagon was first hit.  In fact, CNN showed us live as the roof fell in shortly later.  The windows around the hole were intact, man. 

Do your research.  I have respect for your arguemnts, algebra... but you just don't have correct information in this case. 

16-foot hole in, 16-foot hole out.  This is a fact, docuemted by the govt and the media filming it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 06:52:25 PM »
as banging my head on my dresser.
No... fucking please... Don't let us stop you... Go ahead... Get a fucking running start at it too ;)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 07:03:23 PM »
for any non-delusional getbiggers who might click on this thread:

it's amusing how 240 and his ilk are being disowned by the 9/11 skeptics . . . just scroll down the page for a little bit. ;D

http://www.oilempire.us/pentagon.html

240, you're giving conspiracy theorists a bad name.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 07:13:48 PM »
for any non-delusional getbiggers who might click on this thread:

it's amusing how 240 and his ilk are being disowned by the 9/11 skeptics . . . just scroll down the page for a little bit. ;D

240, you're giving conspiracy theorists a bad name.

See what i mean?  You wre very very wrong about a fact.  You stated the hole was bigger.  I showed you photographic proof that the "IN" hole was very small, about 16 foot diameter.  Very hard to fit a 25-foot diameter fuselage into that hole. 

You didn't have information to explain it.  So you labeled me a nut.  Monster comeback.  no need for evidence... you've got namecalling!

And the link you gave used phrases like ". a flying saucer piloted by giant lizards from another planet" 

your website also says "In reality, the wings created a wide hole at the base of the building! "

Please, I beg of you, find me ONE photo of this "wide hole at the base of the building".

Al, I'm losing respect for your arguments.  I have facts and photographic evidence.  you have an insulting website which makes a claim that is outright wrong. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 07:15:32 PM »

HAHAHA dude, your source is a shill company for the oil empire lol... monster self-ownage

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 07:21:20 PM »

HAHAHA dude, your source is a shill company for the oil empire lol... monster self-ownage

are your reading skills failing you . . . or are you in the final throes of paranoid delirium?

for non-delusional posters . . .

http://www.oilempire.us/oilempire.html

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 07:22:36 PM »
i'd say something about ownage . . . but this is too pathetic.