Author Topic: Peter McGough banning MD from the O!  (Read 13072 times)

TN

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Peter McGough banning MD from the O!
« on: September 03, 2006, 04:21:04 PM »
How pathetic.  I started lifting weights when I was 12 years old (now almost 30) and reading Muscle & Fitness and Flex at the same time.  I have seen a lot of bullshit over the years including real bullshit at the 94 NOC where a real bull actually shit on the stage.  But none of that stinks as bad as this.  Is McGough the new dictator of the Mr. O?  Does he decide who can and cannot have press passes?  So much for Freedom of the press huh?  Pathetic.  Allowing Md to be there gives a different take on the Olympia than just Flex Magazine.  I am ashamed to have a subscription to Flex.

I don't post a lot, but I have been in this sport for a long time.  I have competed and plan on doing so again in the future.  Anyways...just my 2 cents.

Travis

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
Re: McGough Banning MD from the O?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 04:28:09 PM »
How pathetic.  I started lifting weights when I was 12 years old (now almost 30) and reading Muscle & Fitness and Flex at the same time.  I have seen a lot of bullshit over the years including real bullshit at the 94 NOC where a real bull actually shit on the stage.  But none of that stinks as bad as this.  Is McGough the new dictator of the Mr. O?  Does he decide who can and cannot have press passes?  So much for Freedom of the press huh?  Pathetic.  Allowing Md to be there gives a different take on the Olympia than just Flex Magazine.  I am ashamed to have a subscription to Flex.

I don't post a lot, but I have been in this sport for a long time.  I have competed and plan on doing so again in the future.  Anyways...just my 2 cents.

Travis

Get ready for the Horton zone defense.
Motherboy (the band).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 04:28:26 PM »

complete with a shot at the PDI

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 04:33:33 PM »

Horton is the only guy who's shown any kind of journalistic integrity over at FLEX.

Ironically, he's not even a writer, I think he's done a handful of articles though.

FLEX needs Horton.

Horton doesn't need FLEX.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 04:35:46 PM »
Horton is the only guy who's shown any kind of journalistic integrity over at FLEX.

Ironically, he's not even a writer, I think he's done a handful of articles though.

FLEX needs Horton.

YIP
Zack

Agreed!

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 04:36:31 PM »
I WON'T BE RENEWING MY SUBSCRIPTION

Insider X

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 04:36:49 PM »
MgGough is the main guy at AMI, who are the promoters of the Olympia. He can choose whomever he wants to have a press pass.

And McGough has said that Muscular Development which includes Steve Blechman and his wife Elyse, John Romano, Dave Lalumbo, Flex Wheeler, Alan Dittrich, Stephen Kolbasuk, Anssi Manninem, and others will not get any pres spasses for their show. It is a form of punishing the #2 magazine after Flex from getting those special shots they need. Nah - it is a more of supressing the freedom of the speech. Nah - it is a form of punishing them for supporting the PDI. Of course - all of the above.

But that doesn't mean that Steve cannot buy his own VIP tickets and get whatever pictures he wants from the shows. It is just an attack from AMI to MD. Let the battle begin.

I am amazed it took Peter 4 years of putting his head and hiding and taking it all and only now firing back. You should of done it a long time ago.

Now guys - it should be some great fireworks at the press conference - when Steve Blechman, Jon Romano, Flex Wheeler and the rest start to ask questions. Alas - they can't ask questionts. They are now considered illigitimate press journalists.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

FLEX needs Horton.

YIP
Zack

Thanks.
But I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 04:39:50 PM »
MgGough is the main guy at AMI, who are the promoters of the Olympia. He can choose whomever he wants to have a press pass.

And McGough has said that Muscular Development which includes Steve Blechman and his wife Elyse, John Romano, Dave Lalumbo, Flex Wheeler, Alan Dittrich, Stephen Kolbasuk, Anssi Manninem, and others will not get any pres spasses for their show. It is a form of punishing the #2 magazine after Flex from getting those special shots they need. Nah - it is a more of supressing the freedom of the speech. Nah - it is a form of punishing them for supporting the PDI. Of course - all of the above.

But that doesn't mean that Steve cannot buy his own VIP tickets and get whatever pictures he wants from the shows. It is just an attack from AMI to MD. Let the battle begin.

I am amazed it took Peter 4 years of putting his head and hiding and taking it all and only now firing back. You should of done it a long time ago.

Now guys - it should be some great fireworks at the press conference - when Steve Blechman, Jon Romano, Flex Wheeler and the rest start to ask questions. Alas - they can't ask questionts. They are now considered illigitimate press journalists.

Now????

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 04:50:19 PM »

They can ask questions...We'l be letting the FANS ask a few questions throughout the press conference... ;D

MD brought this on themselves, and have no one to point the finger at, or complain for that matter...

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 04:54:08 PM »

They can ask questions...We'l be letting the FANS ask a few questions throughout the press conference... ;D

MD brought this on themselves, and have no one to point the finger at, or complain for that matter...

Has there been a complaint or a finger pointed?

befit124

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 04:55:43 PM »
WE SHOULD ALL E-AIL FLEX MAGAZINE AND LET THEM KNOW HOW WE FEEL........POSSIBLE BOYCOTT

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 05:03:10 PM »

It's a big blow to the idea of free press, punishing supposedly childish acts and low-blows by pulling their press cards.

I like the idea of getting fans to interact. But journalists are better equipped to get answers for the fans.

So a move to make it harder for MD to do their journalistic mission at the biggest contest in bodybuilding is a huge failure.

For everyone.

Hopefully, everyone will see this, and MD will get their passes.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Purge_WTF

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 05:06:16 PM »

I disagree with you on many points, Bob, but you've hit the nail here. The vulvas over at Testicular Maldevelopment have pushed their luck once too often, and now it's come back to bite them on their collective, zit-covered ass. "Well, here’s some good news, guys. You don’t have to suffer through this year’s Olympia Weekend because no press passes will be approved for any MD staff. Have a great September 29/30 weekend. We hear on that very weekend that the Disney Channel are running a Mickey Mouse marathon, so if you’re really attentive you may pick up some tips on how to upgrade your operation to that level."

Slick Vic

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 05:19:29 PM »
Wow! Is this really happening?  :-\

body88

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 05:33:24 PM »
WE SHOULD ALL E-AIL FLEX MAGAZINE AND LET THEM KNOW HOW WE FEEL........POSSIBLE BOYCOTT

Haha no one is going to boycott flex magazine you freak!

Slick Vic

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 05:37:26 PM »
Haha no one is going to boycott flex magazine you freak!

hahaha.... I'm sayin'. No one is gonna boycott the magazine 'cause you've got people like me who like it - sorry.   ;D

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 05:39:42 PM »
MD is banned from the O? What about freedom of speech?  They can say whatever they want. Screw AMI and Flex.  What a bunch of pricks.  I mean they have sunk to a new low.  Someone writes something negative on your magazine and you blackball them?  Bullshit.  I dont care how you idiots want to spin it.  "MD told lies, blah blah blah."  Doesnt matter what in the hell they print, they should be allowed into the O.  The 2nd biggest magazine in the business and reaches hundreds of thousands of people on newsstands and theyre banning them. PDI, of course but MD is not a rival to the IFBB.  Screw McGough and Flex.  Douchebags.
Truly STOP WHINING

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »

I don't see the big deal. 

Are they no longer allowed to write about what they observe at the Olympia?  And if so, who is enforcing that?  And what happens if they choose to do a report anyway?  Is Hanukkah going to be cancelled?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 05:44:45 PM »

Gee, Bob, and you wonder why people think you're a "Company Man"?

No matter what the situation, you can't go fast enough to defend Weider, AMI, and IFBB, can you?  ::)

Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 05:45:57 PM »
MD is banned from the O? What about freedom of speech?  They can say whatever they want. Screw AMI and Flex.  What a bunch of pricks.  I mean they have sunk to a new low.  Someone writes something negative on your magazine and you blackball them?  Bullshit.  I dont care how you idiots want to spin it.  "MD told lies, blah blah blah."  Doesnt matter what in the hell they print, they should be allowed into the O.  The 2nd biggest magazine in the business and reaches hundreds of thousands of people on newsstands and theyre banning them. PDI, of course but MD is not a rival to the IFBB.  Screw McGough and Flex.  Douchebags.

First off, their not banned from the O, they simply wont be getting press passes. Getting press passes for the Olympia is not a right, it's a privilege...If MD has the right via free speech, to bash on FLEX, Weider, McGough, Pecker, and Chang all year long...then AMI certainly has the right via free speech....to revoke their press passes.

We aren't talking about a single article, or comment...it's been a continuous barage year after year.

There are ramifications that come with the "being a rebel" gig...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 05:47:50 PM »

Will you be ignoring any questions that anyone from MD asks?

They're some of the most well-versed people in the sport.  They have a big reader base.  I think the sport in general would benefit from as many publications as possible having access to interview the guys.

Would ESPN the Magazine be denied access to talk to coleman, because they ran a small article on the PDI?  

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 05:48:11 PM »
First off, their not banned from the O, they simply wont be getting press passes. Getting press passes for the Olympia is not a right, it's a privilege...If MD has the right via free speech, to bash on FLEX, Weider, McGough, Pecker, and Chang all year long...then AMI certainly has the right via free speech....to revoke their press passes.

We aren't talking about a single article, or comment...it's been a continuous barage year after year.

There are ramifications that come with the "being a rebel" gig...

I haven't read a single post yet where MD is cryin the blues.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 05:49:52 PM »
No one stated they were...

In it 2 win it

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 05:50:37 PM »
Take a look at MD's team-
 Dexter Jackson, Branch Warren, Victor Martinez, Lee priest, Gustavo Badell, david henry.

Flex is weak, they offer nothing to the reader, per bernal never makes the athletes wear gay ass cut-off jeans or boots or sunglasses. Flex suffers because it is not ran by bodybuilders,if you read one page you can tell .