Author Topic: crazy hammer curl wieght  (Read 7211 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: crazy hammer curl wieght
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 01:56:01 PM »
even if its a small muscle, you shouldn't baby them..

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 02:00:25 PM »
even if its a small muscle, you shouldn't baby them..
after around 9 sets for bi's my pump is gone and I just feel no point in training them further. since i stoped doing that i put inchs on my arms. but thats just me...some need more sets. so in a way i agree with you.
bodybuildersreality.com

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 02:06:27 PM »
after around 9 sets for bi's my pump is gone and I just feel no point in training them further. since i stoped doing that i put inchs on my arms.

This was true for me as well...it seems the less i train biceps the bigger/stronger they get. lately i've been doing 6 sets after chest and they are making awesome gains. i can get 8 reps per arm with the 90's using a hammer grip at the end of my bicep routine.

2 warmup sets of BB curls - 15 reps

2 sets of standing BB curls, shoulder width grip - 8-12 reps
2 sets of seated alternating DB curls - 8-12 reps
2 sets of heavy hammer curls standing - 6-10 reps - i go all out on these

that's it and i've made better gains like this compared to anything else...it's my modified Max-Ot program.

8)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 02:11:20 PM »
This was true for me as well...it seems the less i train biceps the bigger/stronger they get. lately i've been doing 6 sets after chest and they are making awesome gains. i can get 8 reps per arm with the 90's using a hammer grip at the end of my bicep routine.

that's it and i've made better gains like this compared to anything else...it's my modified Max-Ot program.

8)
*sniff* its beautiful  :'(
bodybuildersreality.com

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 03:04:58 PM »

8)

thats a good workout right there.. I get more of a pump with DB's..  I like the high volume stuff

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 03:12:55 PM »
thats a good workout right there.. I get more of a pump with DB's..  I like the high volume stuff

Thanks...high volume works great for most people. i'm just not one of them. i did the high volume the first 3 years i trained and i made gains. i discovered Max-OT and my gains went through the roof, mainly strength, which is what i want the most.

sometimes i train with new guys and i tell them what i do and they respond "that's it?"...but if they train with me they are about to die by the end of my workouts. intensity is my key, i push people very hard and sometimes make them keep going past what they thought they could do. i've been known to say "one more rep" about 3-4 times during a set...lol

8)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 03:17:41 PM »
Im like that too except the burn makes me angry...i actually get mad and when that happens ill slam out 4-5 more reps no matter what. its actually kind of funny but if im training and even the slightest thing throws me off i go stupid. yesterday during back i was bent barbell rows and i came down too low and hit something with teh plates that through my balance off and i went nuts....i pulled out 8 more reps with 275 so i did like 17 reps.
bodybuildersreality.com

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 03:59:47 PM »
But a 12" shorter than Yao Ming

But 5 inches taller than you!
just push some weight!

derrock

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 04:11:50 PM »
to alexxx; Arnold who? Let me ask you, do you do dumbell pullovers to "expand the rib cage" and do squats with no shoes? Also, repeat after me I CAN NOT GET AS BIG AS ARNOLD NATURALY. 30 lbs of muscle in "a couple of months"? 

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »
to alexxx; Arnold who? Let me ask you, do you do dumbell pullovers to "expand the rib cage" and do squats with no shoes? Also, repeat after me I CAN NOT GET AS BIG AS ARNOLD NATURALY. 30 lbs of muscle in "a couple of months"? 

YEAH!!
just push some weight!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2006, 04:22:03 PM »
YEAH!!
hahahaha  ::) Alex i think im around your age, and i have seen your pics and i don't know what your thinking but you got along way to go. Im still natural and Im double you! Your like that guy from pumping Iron that gets arnold to help him with his posing.
bodybuildersreality.com

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2006, 04:23:24 PM »
hahahaha  ::) Alex i think im around your age, and i have seen your pics and i don't know what your thinking but you got along way to go. Im still natural and Im double you! Your like that guy from pumping Iron that gets arnold to help him with his posing.

If I am not mistaken you weight a fat 190 pounds of terd.
just push some weight!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2006, 04:25:54 PM »
If I am not mistaken you weight a fat 190 pounds of terd.
yes exactly im a buck 90 of terd?? what the fuck does that mean?
bodybuildersreality.com

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2006, 04:26:34 PM »
yes exactly im a buck 90 of terd?? what the f**k does that mean?

Means your fatass is no where near my built or strength.
just push some weight!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2006, 04:28:15 PM »
Means your fatass is no where near my built or strength.
HAHAHAHHA! holy shit I love it! you seriously make me laugh. you must be some machine...super strong and in perfect shape eh? and all natrual too? wow! haahaha!
bodybuildersreality.com

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2006, 04:28:46 PM »
HAHAHAHHA! holy shit I love it! you seriously make me laugh. you must be some machine...super strong and in perfect shape eh? and all natrual too? wow! haahaha!

You got that right little buddy.
just push some weight!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2006, 04:30:37 PM »
You got that right little buddy.
are you suggesting that "jr. Yates" was the type of gay kid who offered to put the rubbers on the bananas with his mouth in his 8th grade sex education class, Alexxx?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2006, 04:30:41 PM »
ok man im going to tell you something. Im completly obsessed with diet and my training, and i've been going at it for along time. I count everything down to the last calorie and im just one guy there tons out there.
bodybuildersreality.com

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2006, 04:31:22 PM »
are you suggesting that "jr. Yates" was the type of gay kid who offered to put the rubbers on the bananas with his mouth in his 8th grade sex education class, Alexxx?

LOL classic! I can really see him doing that in some dark corner in the principals office.
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2006, 04:33:59 PM »
ok man im going to tell you something. Im completly obsessed with diet and my training, and i've been going at it for along time. I count everything down to the last calorie and im just one guy there tons out there.

Prof: Class what does this tell you?

Student: Jr. Yates has extra ordinary mathimatical skills.

Prof: But he failed that class?

Student: He made up for it by having bukake with his math teacher and swallowing the rappers to clean of the crime seen.
just push some weight!

derrock

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2006, 04:39:16 PM »
It sounds like alexxx has a lot of experience in that stuff. Oh and they always accuse you (Jr Yates)of what they do.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2006, 05:30:53 PM »
I thank you but don't forget I have the symmetry of a young Flex Wheeler!

alexx, you are a laughing stock... hope this helps

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2006, 07:47:25 PM »
Alexxx reminds me of one of those little kids who wants to hang with the bigger high school guy. Will do and say anything outrageous just to get noticed and belong. In his way he can be kind of cool. Probably need a mascot here anyway. Just set out his water and food bowl once a day. My vote is that we not hang him from the neck until dead. Good Luck.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »
LOL classic! I can really see him doing that in some dark corner in the principals office.
as long as you see me alex, thats good.
bodybuildersreality.com

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 09:33:36 PM »
Just wondering why I can use 70 lb dumbells for 6 reps on hammer curls curling to your chest with prety good form, not arching  or anything. But barbell curls are hard to get 6 or 7 with 105 lbs for me. why can I use so much more weight?

You are right-------no matter what others are saying here, 70 lb. hammer curls (assuming you are not cheat swinging them up) is pretty impressive. I would say you should be doing about 140 lbs or so for 8 to 10 reps in the barbell curl-------based on the hammer weight you are using------but everyone is different.

None the less, good job with the 70's !!!      ;)