Author Topic: Could doggcrapp buy Getbig?/Disappointed  (Read 81152 times)

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
Re: Could doggcrapp buy Getbig?/Disappointed
« Reply #400 on: September 10, 2006, 06:36:40 PM »
I min/max my physique

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #401 on: September 10, 2006, 06:38:57 PM »
I think he knows a thing or 2 about dieting.  Ta's dieting methods are working wonders for me.
hahahahah tool!!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #402 on: September 10, 2006, 07:00:50 PM »
I have always believed that it needs to be demonstrated in a lab how much protein is required for building muscle. My feeling is you need about 1 gram of protein for every 2 pounds of bodyweight. How much protein we need is not a matter of belief but of research. The problem we have settling this question is finding research done on advanced bodybuilders. I will admit that most companies, magazines and individuals who sell protein supplements always exaggerate how much protein you need. The same goes for vitamins, etc. I refused to sell any supplements in my gym for over 20 years. My partner convinced me that bodybuilders were buying supplements down the road so to speak so we eventually provided them as well. I never recommend extra protein but I do recommend extra calories for most young guys who are growing very slowly.

Melvin doesn't know much about nutrition. For example, I don't believe there is anything called junk food. Either a substance is a food or it is junk. It cannot be both. What people eat can be referred to as a junk diet because they lack nutrients and balance. For example, if someone ate only potato fries and nothing else they would get sick. If you trained and ate only at McDonalds you would be fine. That movie "SuperSize Me" was a scam. At least he got McDonalds to offer tastier food and change the way they marketed food.

Can't help but to bring up my name can you.  Well I would insult you but I'll smack you down instead with some street knowledge.

First off, there is a such thing as junk food.  I did point out in one post that a Bucket of KFC and mash potatos had less calories than a sample of Dante's diet.  However that was one point.  KFC chicken contains a high amount of sodium that exceeds what your body needs as well as a high amount of saturated fat.  High intakes of sodium can cause high blood pressure and saturated fat will clog your arteries.  KFC ran ads for the high protein, low carb diet argument for eating their food and ended up being sued by the government for mis-leading ads.

The same is true with most fast foods.  The fast food companies including McDonalds realize this which is why they are making changes.

Now as far as ice cream and doughnuts are concerned, even though an ice cream cone has only 110 calories, you forget that it contains a lot of simple carbohydrates (sugar) and too much sugar will interfere with the body's regulation of insulin.

Yes a calorie is a calorie however protein, carbohydrates, and fats have different functions in the body.  Protein is used by the body to build and repair muscle tissue, carbohydrates gives the body a source of energy for the body to function, and fats are for energy reserves during stenuous exercise and stress and to cushion the body joints.  Its important to take in the proper ratio of these elements for your fitness goals but at the same time the right amount.

Eating lots of fast food and sugary snacks is not good for you.  If you need an example of this, go take a walk around and you'll see plenty of examples unfortunately.  That's why over half of American's are fat. 
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Could doggcrapp buy Getbig?
« Reply #403 on: September 10, 2006, 07:05:58 PM »
.  Everytime a pro says something on here someone jumps down his throat, except for toney freeman but he just started, give it time and people will lay into him just like everyone else.

show some fucking respect, it's not that hard.

Toney is SQUAD endorsed, he has nothing to worry about. Having SQUAD backing is like being in the Mafia.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #404 on: September 10, 2006, 07:06:49 PM »

Can't help but to bring up my name can you.  Well I would insult you but I'll smack you down instead with some street knowledge.

First off, there is a such thing as junk food.  I did point out in one post that a Bucket of KFC and mash potatos had less calories than a sample of Dante's diet.  However that was one point.  KFC chicken contains a high amount of sodium that exceeds what your body needs as well as a high amount of saturated fat.  High intakes of sodium can cause high blood pressure and saturated fat will clog your arteries.  KFC ran ads for the high protein, low carb diet argument for eating their food and ended up being sued by the government for mis-leading ads.

The same is true with most fast foods.  The fast food companies including McDonalds realize this which is why they are making changes.

Now as far as ice cream and doughnuts are concerned, even though an ice cream cone has only 110 calories, you forget that it contains a lot of simple carbohydrates (sugar) and too much sugar will interfere with the body's regulation of insulin.

Yes a calorie is a calorie however protein, carbohydrates, and fats have different functions in the body.  Protein is used by the body to build and repair muscle tissue, carbohydrates gives the body a source of energy for the body to function, and fats are for energy reserves during stenuous exercise and stress and to cushion the body joints.  Its important to take in the proper ratio of these elements for your fitness goals but at the same time the right amount.

Eating lots of fast food and sugary snacks is not good for you.  If you need an example of this, go take a walk around and you'll see plenty of examples unfortunately.  That's why over half of American's are fat. 

Vince you are DEAD WRONG on so many things in this post,so I will just address one.

Ice CREAM WILL NOT affect Insulin Levels.....It has Less than Half the GI then Oatmeal....ITs insulin response is almost non-existant.

Furthermore the GI is pointless when in a defecit since its not possible to store bodyfat.

I don`t really feel like addressing the other points right now....Just look around the forums and you will see.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: September 10, 2006, 07:08:50 PM »
I eat Mcdonalds or fast food about every day with Cookies and Doughnuts and all kinds of goodies and I am in single digit bodyfat and continually getting leaner and stronger.

I can preserve any level of leaness I want as well.

If I want to stay at 3 percent I know how to do so with my diet.

:)   I rule.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #406 on: September 10, 2006, 07:12:42 PM »
I would welcome a debate with Melvin about anything. At least with nutrition there is always some way to decide most issues as they should be matters of fact. I haven't been impressed with anything Melvin has stated here re nutrition. Adonis is quoting research and that is what people should do to support their claims, etc. Getting a certificate in nutrition that is not a degree course at university does not make one an expert in nutrition. On a scale of 1 to 10 Melvin would be at about 2 or 3 whereas Milos would be at the other end of the scale. I am somewhere in between.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #407 on: September 10, 2006, 07:17:39 PM »
Does Dante Strudel even work out? he looks like he weighs 300lb (not muscle)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #408 on: September 10, 2006, 07:20:41 PM »
I would welcome a debate with Melvin about anything. At least with nutrition there is always some way to decide most issues as they should be matters of fact. I haven't been impressed with anything Melvin has stated here re nutrition. Adonis is quoting research and that is what people should do to support their claims, etc. Getting a certificate in nutrition that is not a degree course at university does not make one an expert in nutrition. On a scale of 1 to 10 Melvin would be at about 2 or 3 whereas Milos would be at the other end of the scale. I am somewhere in between.

The only thing I'm concerned about is serving my clients needs and getting the results they demand and that's what I've been doing for over 5 years.  I get him off their junk food meals, show them how to prepare and cook healthy meals, and exercise properly for life. 

Take your scale and shove it up your ass, its of no importance to me 
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #409 on: September 10, 2006, 07:22:17 PM »
PhD in nutrition = expert and authority in nutrition

Master degree in sports nutrition = expert in nutrition

Degree in sports nutrition = possible professional in the area. lowest expert status in nutrition.

Certificate in nutrition and long experience and reading research = possible expert

Long experience and reading research = student of nutrition

Certificate in nutrition = beginner in nutrition

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #410 on: September 10, 2006, 07:24:36 PM »
Melvin, you are a danger to bodybuilding and I am ashamed to associate with pseudo experts who have no standing whatever. Gym owners and instructors are also poorly qualified to give anyone information about training or nutrition. People who know something acknowledge that there is heaps they do not know.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #411 on: September 10, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »
Listen Melvin Goodrum, I challenge you to comprehend studies done in exercise science. You will not be able to read the science because the language and concepts require at least a degree in exercise science. I know that I cannot understand these studies so it is a safe bet that you won't be able to, either. So don't go putting those low quality certificates after your name and then think educated people will be impressed by them. You are a sham as a professional and have the minimum qualifications to offer instruction to anyone. You would not be hired to work in my gym as an expert in anything at all.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #412 on: September 10, 2006, 07:36:48 PM »
Vince you are buying into this just remember 99%of this on here is crap,like TA being 3%bf what a fluckin joke why not say 1% TA we all believe you.After the pics of Mr Getbig posted you will see all the greatness.WOW.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #413 on: September 10, 2006, 07:38:32 PM »
Here you go, Melvin, tell us what this study is all about?

1: Exp Cell Res. 2004 Mar 10;294(1):223-35.  Related Articles, Links 

Differential signalling mechanisms predisposing primary human skeletal muscle cells to altered proliferation and differentiation: roles of IGF-I and TNFalpha.

Foulstone EJ, Huser C, Crown AL, Holly JM, Stewart CE.

Division of Surgery, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, BS2 8HW, UK. foulstone@bristol.ac.uk

To gain a clearer insight into the mechanisms of skeletal muscle cell growth, differentiation and maintenance, we have developed a primary adult human skeletal muscle cell model. Cells were cultured from biopsies of rectus muscle from the anterior abdominal wall of patients undergoing elective surgery. Under differentiating conditions, all cultures formed myotubes, irrespective of initial myoblast number. Stimulation with both IGF-I and tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) increased cellular proliferation but while IGF-I subsequently increased myoblast differentiation, via both hyperplasia and hypertrophy, TNFalpha inhibited the initiation of differentiation, but did not induce apoptosis. Addition of IGF-I stimulated both the MAP kinase and the phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase (PI 3-kinase) signalling pathways while treatment with TNFalpha preferentially led to MAP kinase activation although with a very different profile of activation compared to IGF-I. Data using the MEK inhibitor UO126 showed MAP kinase activity is not only needed for cellular proliferation but is also necessary for both the initiation and the progression of primary human myoblast differentiation. The PI 3-kinase pathway is also involved in differentiation, but activation of this pathway could not relieve inhibition of differentiation by TNFalpha or UO126. Our results show that the controlled temporal and amplitude of activation of multiple signalling pathways is needed for successful myoblast differentiation.

PMID: 14980516 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #414 on: September 10, 2006, 07:42:40 PM »
Adonis is excellent at putting down others because he can show most are not true authorities. However, Adonis is far from being an authority himself. He is a student of hypertrophy and nutrition and that is accepted. So he uses his knowledge to slay the pseudo experts on Getbig. He must know that just about everyone here considers themselves to be experts in bodybuilding. The truth is few of us are close to being an expert. Milos certainly is an accepted expert because champions go to him for advice. Dante has also had big guys seek his advice. It remains to be seen if Adonis will also join the ranks of the experts. There is nothing stopping him. Melvin Goodrum means well but has a very long way to go.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Could doggcrapp buy Getbig?
« Reply #415 on: September 10, 2006, 07:46:24 PM »
Toney is SQUAD endorsed, he has nothing to worry about. Having SQUAD backing is like being in the Mafia.

Yes Groink, Toney is being pushed to the top. The sky is the limit for him with the SQUAD backing. Up next, the Olympia.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #416 on: September 10, 2006, 08:19:20 PM »
Adonis is excellent at putting down others because he can show most are not true authorities. However, Adonis is far from being an authority himself. He is a student of hypertrophy and nutrition and that is accepted. So he uses his knowledge to slay the pseudo experts on Getbig. He must know that just about everyone here considers themselves to be experts in bodybuilding. The truth is few of us are close to being an expert. Milos certainly is an accepted expert because champions go to him for advice. Dante has also had big guys seek his advice. It remains to be seen if Adonis will also join the ranks of the experts. There is nothing stopping him. Melvin Goodrum means well but has a very long way to go.
W

Again Vince, what you think of my knowledge in exercise science in nutrition is of no importance to me.  Its only important to those who pay me for my services and supplements who rely on me to take care of their needs.  If I didn't know anything, then I wouldn't have any clients.  If I didn't get results, then I didn't get paid.  My nutritional plan is based on ratio and actual caloric intake needed for my clients goals. 

BTW, here's a letter from one of my clients.  I'll be putting up more on my site soon.

Hi Vince!

I was going to email you sometime next week but I'll give you an update. I haven't really changed my diet much. Similar protein intake with about 20 grams extra a day. Still taking creatine and carb intake is down just a little.

I started the HMB with one scoop at night.

I take 3 of the Sterol Complex pills in the morning 5 days a week about 30-40 minutes before I work out.

I had been taking Lipo6 or something similar on and off for fat loss and now I am taking the Thermo caps at 2 caps 3 times a day. First thing in the morning (5am) again at 9am and the last time at 1pm.

So far I have had noticable fat loss. I have never checked my percentage but I am guessing I started off at 17%. Now I am pretty close to 12% maye a little higher. My strength has also had a noticable increase. I am up roughly 10% on some exercises. I don't keep a training log but I keep it all in my head and know what my poundages are for everything. I had been at somewhat of a sticking point for a couple of months so this is noticable. My endurance is much better and muscle size seems to be up although again I don't measure or keep track but I see how my clothes fit and what I see in the mirror.

So something or some combination has given me a noticable boost. I have a question for you. I saw some posts on getbig about superdol or something being removed from the market. I haven't checked into that supplement or it's ingredients. Is there any worry that your sterol complex may be in the same situation? If so and if it's one of the things giving me some of these results, I may want to pick up some more of that soon. Oh and how long should I stay on that? Until this bottle is gone or? Also for a 230lb male, is 3 tabs a day a good amount to take? I think the bottle says 3-6.

I'll write more results in a week or so. I'll post them on getbig too so some of those little high school internet badasses will shut up. Man there are some real "winners" on that board.

Thanks again!!!

Vince, I don't need anyone telling me what I know and what I don't know.  You need to know this however:

Elite athletes are NOT BUILT ON CANDY & DOUGHNUTS!!!  Junk food is junk food period
You don't have a clue about the true nature of this thread.
A "so called" hardcore gym is not suppose to have pink exercise equipment
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: September 10, 2006, 08:21:13 PM »
I like you Goodrum,

But I am not going to bother on wasting my time since you want to argue against Scientific Fact..

And for your information,

The greatest Athlete in Swimming,Michael Phelps eats every single meal at Mcdonalds.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #418 on: September 10, 2006, 08:30:56 PM »
PhD in nutrition = expert and authority in nutrition

Master degree in sports nutrition = expert in nutrition

Degree in sports nutrition = possible professional in the area. lowest expert status in nutrition.

Certificate in nutrition and long experience and reading research = possible expert

Long experience and reading research = student of nutrition

Certificate in nutrition = beginner in nutrition

I've seen people with PH.D's go out there really screw people up. 

Sometimes, "fitness experts" get so caught up in studying and researching that they forget all about real world experience. 

Action speaks louder than words and although I don't hold an actual degree in exercise science, I don't really need one.  When I get my customers results, they refer their friends and family over to me and so on.  That's how it works with me. 

The one thing that does make me superior to someone with a PH.D is that I'm down to Earth and I make exercise and nutrition easy to understand to my clients.  You can have all the book knowledge you wish but if you can't communicate it to a client in a manner to where they can understand, then you have failed.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #419 on: September 10, 2006, 08:32:10 PM »
I like you Goodrum,

But I am not going to bother on wasting my time since you want to argue against Scientific Fact..

And for your information,

The greatest Athlete in Swimming,Michael Phelps eats every single meal at Mcdonalds.

We may be bro's TA, but I have my own ideals on things.  That's how I roll
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #420 on: September 10, 2006, 08:34:23 PM »
Here you go, Melvin, tell us what this study is all about?

1: Exp Cell Res. 2004 Mar 10;294(1):223-35.  Related Articles, Links 

Differential signalling mechanisms predisposing primary human skeletal muscle cells to altered proliferation and differentiation: roles of IGF-I and TNFalpha.

Foulstone EJ, Huser C, Crown AL, Holly JM, Stewart CE.

Division of Surgery, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, BS2 8HW, UK. foulstone@bristol.ac.uk

To gain a clearer insight into the mechanisms of skeletal muscle cell growth, differentiation and maintenance, we have developed a primary adult human skeletal muscle cell model. Cells were cultured from biopsies of rectus muscle from the anterior abdominal wall of patients undergoing elective surgery. Under differentiating conditions, all cultures formed myotubes, irrespective of initial myoblast number. Stimulation with both IGF-I and tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) increased cellular proliferation but while IGF-I subsequently increased myoblast differentiation, via both hyperplasia and hypertrophy, TNFalpha inhibited the initiation of differentiation, but did not induce apoptosis. Addition of IGF-I stimulated both the MAP kinase and the phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase (PI 3-kinase) signalling pathways while treatment with TNFalpha preferentially led to MAP kinase activation although with a very different profile of activation compared to IGF-I. Data using the MEK inhibitor UO126 showed MAP kinase activity is not only needed for cellular proliferation but is also necessary for both the initiation and the progression of primary human myoblast differentiation. The PI 3-kinase pathway is also involved in differentiation, but activation of this pathway could not relieve inhibition of differentiation by TNFalpha or UO126. Our results show that the controlled temporal and amplitude of activation of multiple signalling pathways is needed for successful myoblast differentiation.

PMID: 14980516 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

This is what I mean Basile.  No average joe would care about this or understand it
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #421 on: September 10, 2006, 08:59:53 PM »
To Melvin re comprehension of exercise science research: QED.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #422 on: September 10, 2006, 09:06:47 PM »

This is what I mean Basile.  No average joe would care about this or understand it

Talk about weird, my M.Sc. is based on MAPK activation in THP-1 cells. I NEVER thought I would see something like it on here. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone  :o

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #423 on: September 10, 2006, 09:13:52 PM »
I have to reply to Melvin's comments about educated people. Anyone who is awarded a PhD degree is an expert in what his/her thesis is about. They qualify as the highest of educated people but that hardly means they have universal knowledge or experience. The hallmark of an educated person is knowing how to find out information and what theories to believe and what constitutes acceptable knowledge. Everyone who has a degree is very aware of what they do not know which is overwhelming. The idea that highly educated people are somehow stupid about ordinary matters is a myth. They would be better about most things than most people simply because they are more intelligent than most people.

Strange as it seems there has yet to be anyone who has obtained a PhD in maximum hypertrophy in humans. In other words no one is a true authority in building muscles. Not one single person. The most intelligent people associated with bodybuilding are not also the most educated. I cite Arthur Jones here who is clearly the brightest man to get involved with bodybuilding and gym equipment. Terry Todd, Bill Reynolds and Fred Hatfield had PhD degrees but they did not earn them in bodybuilding. Ellington Darden got his PhD in mud therapy which is not hypertrophy. Frank Zane has a MA degree but not in exercise science. Larry Scott has an engineering degree, I believe. So there are intelligent guys in bodybuilding but the most educated never demonstrated superior results in their physiques. Dr Squat broke world records in powerlifting but his physique wouldn't win a contest. Ben Weider is bright but neither he nor Joe had a great physique. So there you are. A handful of bodybuilders are highly educated. The vast majority of bodybuilders are just average people. I cite Mike Mentzer as an intelligent man who actually formulated theories in bodybuilding and had a comprehensive philosophy of life and bodybuilding.

What degrees have Adonis and Goodrum got? I have no doubt that Milos Sarcev could get at least a masters degree if he wished to pursue one. It sure would help if more people were educated around here so that the standard of debate would improve. It would be refreshing if more people realized when they had actually lost an argument or were contradicted.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #424 on: September 10, 2006, 09:15:34 PM »
Congratulations d if you have a MSc in exercise physiology.