Author Topic: Could doggcrapp buy Getbig?/Disappointed  (Read 82113 times)

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
Re: Could doggcrapp buy Getbig?/Disappointed
« Reply #425 on: September 10, 2006, 09:38:44 PM »
I would welcome a debate with Melvin about anything. At least with nutrition there is always some way to decide most issues as they should be matters of fact. I haven't been impressed with anything Melvin has stated here re nutrition. Adonis is quoting research and that is what people should do to support their claims, etc.[/font] Getting a certificate in nutrition that is not a degree course at university does not make one an expert in nutrition. On a scale of 1 to 10 Melvin would be at about 2 or 3 whereas Milos would be at the other end of the scale. I am somewhere in between.
Umm. Vince, he was falsifying research by purposely ommitting portions of it to better suit his needs. He's not a student of hypertrophy, he is a liar.
I min/max my physique

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #426 on: September 10, 2006, 10:01:53 PM »
Adonis knows how to piss people off. I thought I was a good stirrer. You guys are right that it is difficult to argue strictly and be scientifically correct. Anyone with scientific knowledge would hardly argue like the golden one does. He is too dogmatic and has little intellectual self-control. Still, his approach is on the right path. It is clear that it takes a good mind to process all that research and comprehend some overall theories out of it. Adonis is a student of hypertrophy and nutrition but so far has not demonstrated he would be able to get a degree in the subject.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #427 on: September 10, 2006, 10:30:02 PM »

Strange as it seems there has yet to be anyone who has obtained a PhD in maximum hypertrophy in humans. In other words no one is a true authority in building muscles. Not one single person. The most intelligent people associated with bodybuilding are not also the most educated. I cite Arthur Jones here who is clearly the brightest man to get involved with bodybuilding and gym equipment. Terry Todd, Bill Reynolds and Fred Hatfield had PhD degrees but they did not earn them in bodybuilding. Ellington Darden got his PhD in mud therapy which is not hypertrophy. Frank Zane has a MA degree but not in exercise science. Larry Scott has an engineering degree, I believe. So there are intelligent guys in bodybuilding but the most educated never demonstrated superior results in their physiques. Dr Squat broke world records in powerlifting but his physique wouldn't win a contest. Ben Weider is bright but neither he nor Joe had a great physique. So there you are. A handful of bodybuilders are highly educated. The vast majority of bodybuilders are just average people. I cite Mike Mentzer as an intelligent man who actually formulated theories in bodybuilding and had a comprehensive philosophy of life and bodybuilding.

The science of muscular hypertrophy  IS essentially known. Some minutiae can still be learned but we know what causes hypertrophy. I have seen you try to debate this on other forums but you refuse to see the science that is already available.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #428 on: September 10, 2006, 10:38:12 PM »
I admit there is a lot of research done at the molecular level about muscle processes. Show me any that fully explain what DOMS is? We can't be sure if hyperplasia occurs in humans. Where is the research done on advanced bodybuilders re hypertrophy or even the composition of their huge muscles.

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #429 on: September 10, 2006, 11:58:44 PM »
why do you keep calling him melvin, he likes to be called vince so just call him vince, stop emphasizing the point that his name isn't vince we get the point vincent.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #430 on: September 11, 2006, 12:00:42 AM »
Can't I have any fun around here? Melvin is the site fall guy because he takes himself too seriously. Besides he has forever ruined the good name of 'Vince' on muscle discussion boards.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #431 on: September 11, 2006, 12:10:17 AM »
Besides he has forever ruined the good name of 'Vince' on muscle discussion boards.

You're starting to do a good job of that too tho!
It hasn't helped...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #432 on: September 11, 2006, 12:24:41 AM »
Keep it up, that made me laugh out loud. This joint can use two Vinces who are bums!

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #433 on: September 11, 2006, 12:43:21 AM »
Someone on getbig who can laugh at themselves!!  Kudos to you sir!
It hasn't helped...

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #434 on: September 11, 2006, 01:10:21 AM »
Adonis is excellent at putting down others because he can show most are not true authorities. However, Adonis is far from being an authority himself. He is a student of hypertrophy and nutrition and that is accepted. So he uses his knowledge to slay the pseudo experts on Getbig. He must know that just about everyone here considers themselves to be experts in bodybuilding. The truth is few of us are close to being an expert. Milos certainly is an accepted expert because champions go to him for advice. Dante has also had big guys seek his advice. It remains to be seen if Adonis will also join the ranks of the experts. There is nothing stopping him. Melvin Goodrum means well but has a very long way to go.
Vince you are just a big joke.

How can you call two people experts who totally contradict eachother.

Milos is an expert.

TA is a delusional lier.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #435 on: September 11, 2006, 01:39:28 AM »
Vince you are just a big joke.

How can you call two people experts who totally contradict eachother.

Milos is an expert.

TA is a delusional lier.

Agree with you on Milos being an expert and TA being a liar.
Team Goodrum!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #436 on: September 11, 2006, 02:25:32 AM »
Adonis believes he is an expert. How on earth can anyone distill that I agree from what I have posted? If Adonis went to Dante or Milos he might be able to build some decent size. On his own he appears unable to get any bigger.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #437 on: September 11, 2006, 05:21:39 AM »
I have to reply to Melvin's comments about educated people. Anyone who is awarded a PhD degree is an expert in what his/her thesis is about. They qualify as the highest of educated people but that hardly means they have universal knowledge or experience. The hallmark of an educated person is knowing how to find out information and what theories to believe and what constitutes acceptable knowledge. Everyone who has a degree is very aware of what they do not know which is overwhelming. The idea that highly educated people are somehow stupid about ordinary matters is a myth. They would be better about most things than most people simply because they are more intelligent than most people.

Strange as it seems there has yet to be anyone who has obtained a PhD in maximum hypertrophy in humans. In other words no one is a true authority in building muscles. Not one single person. The most intelligent people associated with bodybuilding are not also the most educated. I cite Arthur Jones here who is clearly the brightest man to get involved with bodybuilding and gym equipment. Terry Todd, Bill Reynolds and Fred Hatfield had PhD degrees but they did not earn them in bodybuilding. Ellington Darden got his PhD in mud therapy which is not hypertrophy. Frank Zane has a MA degree but not in exercise science. Larry Scott has an engineering degree, I believe. So there are intelligent guys in bodybuilding but the most educated never demonstrated superior results in their physiques. Dr Squat broke world records in powerlifting but his physique wouldn't win a contest. Ben Weider is bright but neither he nor Joe had a great physique. So there you are. A handful of bodybuilders are highly educated. The vast majority of bodybuilders are just average people. I cite Mike Mentzer as an intelligent man who actually formulated theories in bodybuilding and had a comprehensive philosophy of life and bodybuilding.

What degrees have Adonis and Goodrum got? I have no doubt that Milos Sarcev could get at least a masters degree if he wished to pursue one. It sure would help if more people were educated around here so that the standard of debate would improve. It would be refreshing if more people realized when they had actually lost an argument or were contradicted.

Basically, you're making the argument that people with degrees are fitness experts and know everything.

So, I should be recommending my customers to use Dr Phils  "healthy snack foods".  After all he's a doctor, lets ignore the fact that he's bald and fat

Or maybe we can go with Dr Atkins and I can tell people that they can eat as much bacon, sausage, and fried chicken they want.

Perhaps I should get some Coral Calcuim from Dr Barefoot.  After all his calcium that he sells for 50 bucks a bottle is superior to calcuim that's only 3.00 even though they are the same elements

Or maybe I should call Jaguar back up here to the boards and have her sell some Pro-Argi 9, after all it was endorsed by Dr Pee Dee Wee's

Like I said Basile, being a doctor or have a master's degree doesn't make you a fitness expert.  Some people have lots of book knowledge but are still dum as a rock or simply dishonest and use their degrees criminally. To be a fitness expert, you have to demonstrate your skills to the people you serve

BTW, I'll have my doctorate in a few years but I'll be more successful because I have real world knowledge and a history of satisfied customers to back me up.

Yours truly

Dr. Melvin "Vince" Goodrum, N.D circa 2009
A

slummin

• Getbig II
  • BB Vips posting here encourage the growing disease
« Reply #438 on: September 11, 2006, 05:47:24 AM »
reading (what I can stomach) of the logic? that goes back and fourth on this site has replaced any need I have to drive slowly past car accidents.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #439 on: September 11, 2006, 06:17:50 AM »
Dr Goodrum it is, then. Why wait until you actually buy your degree? You will never have the discipline to get a PhD in exercise science or nutrition from a recognized university. Just when I was thinking you stopped playing this game you came up with a whopper! That is the spirit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #440 on: September 11, 2006, 06:31:56 AM »
Umm. Vince, he was falsifying research by purposely ommitting portions of it to better suit his needs. He's not a student of hypertrophy, he is a liar.

::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #441 on: September 11, 2006, 06:31:57 AM »
I'm not going to read 19 pages. If there's anything of value in this thread let me know.
Z

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2006, 06:32:52 AM »
Dr Goodrum it is, then. Why wait until you actually buy your degree? You will never have the discipline to get a PhD in exercise science or nutrition from a recognized university. Just when I was thinking you stopped playing this game you came up with a whopper! That is the spirit.

You will speak my name among the world`s greatest scientists one day...

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2006, 06:33:17 AM »
I'm not going to read 19 pages. If there's anything of value in this thread let me know.
Some guy who eats ice cream is arguing with the Doggcrap guru
They call me Jaejonna!!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #444 on: September 11, 2006, 06:33:25 AM »
did you have a gay old time with your musclebear on vacation "bluto", hahahahaha.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: September 11, 2006, 06:35:45 AM »
did you have a gay old time with your musclebear on vacation "bluto", hahahahaha.

hahhaha hes about the worst Getbig member on here.

Nobody likes him and hes about as fat as Dante` if not fatter.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #446 on: September 11, 2006, 06:48:15 AM »
Dr. Melvin "Vince" Goodrum, N.D circa 2009

Oh, the doctor stands for naturopathy and not a PhD. Quite achievable but I doubt the lads here will accept that they will have to call you doctor Melvin Goodrum. Dr Versace has a nice ring about it, though.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #447 on: September 11, 2006, 06:49:40 AM »

hahhaha hes about the worst Getbig member on here.

Nobody likes him and hes about as fat as Dante` if not fatter.

hahahaha yes TA, Bluto is quite the bottom bitch.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #448 on: September 11, 2006, 06:52:27 AM »
hahahaha yes TA, Bluto is quite the bottom bitch.
We should do a poll on who is the most hated member of Getbig .. I think Adonis would win cause he is delusional then Bezerkfury would be up there cause he blows alot of the squandrans on a daily basis.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #449 on: September 11, 2006, 06:53:34 AM »
We should do a poll on who is the most hated member of Getbig .. I think Adonis would win cause he is delusional then Bezerkfury would be up there cause he blows alot of the squandrans on a daily basis.

Yes JaeJonna, don't be upset because I shit all over you on a daily basis.