Author Topic: What do women want?  (Read 22963 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
What do women want?
« on: September 09, 2006, 09:59:15 PM »
Pl. rank the following attributes. You can quote this post and no. them.:

good provider--earns a good living

Mark Wahlberg type physique

motivated and successful

400 lb. bench, 600 lb. squat, but slightly thick around the waist

great raconteur--the life of the party type

great listener

great conversationalist--someone who listens and says stuff worth listening to

inherited wealth

great lover

great father

no hair on his back

great housekeeper

daredevil . . . gets in barfights, jumps out of planes

Faithful/trustworthy

good looks (not speaking of muscle here)

similar politics/beliefs

no STDs

edit: I forgot the "makes me laugh" that's in every romantic comedy ever made.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: What do women want?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 11:26:55 PM »
no STDs - This goes without saying. If I wanted to see little organisms growing, I'd leave a bowl of yogurt out of the fridge.  >:(

Faithful/trustworthy - definitely a must! If he is to get my faith & trust, ...he had better be worthy of it.

no hair on his back - either that or he must be willing to get rid of it.

great conversationalist--someone who listens and says stuff worth listening to - Ranks right up there. A guy has to stimulate me mentally, as well as physically & emotionally.

great lover - Bring it on!  :P

great listener - Absolute must. I can't stand it when people hear what they think you're saying rather than what you've actually said. They're so busy thinking about what they're gonna say next, they don't listen, assuming they know what you're saying when they don't even have a clue.

great father - This would be great

makes me laugh - This is a very good thing. If he can make me laugh, he can usually get himself out of shit with me.

motivated and successful - Absolute must! Can't stand lazy ass unmotivated talkers.  >:(  I need a doer.

good looks - He doesn't have to be an 'Adonis', ...but babies shouldn't cry at the site of him either.

good provider--earns a good living - This too is a good thing.

great housekeeper - this might be a good thing 'cause I'm not the neatest person god ever created.  :-[

inherited wealth - not necessary, ...but certainly fun to have.  :P

similar politics/beliefs - He doesn't have to have the same political beliefs as me. I could even handle a guy who thinks like Intenseone, ...as long as he's smart enough to know how to keep his mouth shut, ...and damned smart enough to not let me know how he's voting. If any husband of mine were to vote for 'certain' candidates, ...I'd be a widow before the polls closed!   ;)

great raconteur--the life of the party type - social literacy in a man is always a good thing to have, but if you can dress him up but can't take him anywhere... no biggie. I'll just enjoy him at home.

These next two tie cause i don't necessarily consider them to be desireable qualities to seek in a mate

Mark Wahlberg type physique - umm not exactly sure what you mean by this. If you're talking about a 3rd nipple, ...I could do without it. But if you're talking an Anthony Catanzaro physique, this quality just moved waaaaaay up on the list.   :P

400 lb. bench, 600 lb. squat, but slightly thick around the waist - Don't care what he can lift, ...just as long as he can move the furniture around and catch bugs and take them outside

This next 'quality' is for the birds.
daredevil . . . gets in barfights, jumps out of planes.

Guys who like to get into barfights can keep on walking as far as I'm concerned.
He can jump out of planes all he wants as long as his life insurance policy is valid, sizeable, up to date and lists me as the sole beneficiary.
w

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 08:00:30 AM »
I agree with Judi  ;D  (lucky for me...I've got the perfect man)
:D Weee

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:47:03 AM »
Funny thread...  :)

1. Great Lover
2. Great conversationalist (Includes humour. The funny is really, really important.)
3. Athletic (not exactly on your list. 400 lb squat isn't obligatory  :))
4. Same politics/beliefs
5. Motivated and successful (not talking money. You can easily fall in love with a passionate poet)
6. Great father

If no. 1 + no. 2  happen at the very same moment, all the better. "Waxing philosophic" is always nice. :) The rest are all transitional things that can easily be changed. Hairy backs can be waxed. A guy who is big, might get injured or stop training for some other reason and you would still love him. Inherited wealth can be lost. Good housekeeping is a plus, but that's what cleaning ladies are for. I never "see" what's happening with my car, so.....  and faithfullness/trustworthiness are a given, although I wouldn't have put them together as one attribute.

Anyway, I listed them in order of the usual progression.  Although often times no.2 leads to discovering no.1  :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 11:46:38 AM »
1. Tie:  Makes me laugh, similar politics/beliefs, faithful/trustworthy, no STDs

2. Tie:  Motivated and successful, great listener/conversationalist, great lover

3. Tie:  Looks good, healthy body, takes care of himself

4. Good provider

Other...... 

-the amount of weight he lifts is inconsequential
-great father (to human children) doesn't apply to us, but if it did it would tie for number one 
-hair on the back wouldn't bother me, and if there was some there and it did bother me, it could be removed by several different methods
-him being a great housekeeper - this MUST be low on my rankings ::)
-daredevil - inconsequential
-inherited wealth - could possibly make a person act like a creep unless he earned his own way first - so inherited wealth could actually be a bad thing....unless he was also taught and respected the value of a dollar :)
R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 01:24:35 PM »
i read this thread...now i'm depressed >:(

i jump outta planes though :P

stells..i pmed ya back...
carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 01:43:23 PM »
How's that? None of us live in the cloisters so we already know what quality mate we attract.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 07:16:46 PM »
hmm very interesting.  I figured good looks and $ would have ranked higher.  Perhaps that's been my experience?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »
so 1. I totally missed self-confidence . . . but I guess that ties in w some of the other attributes.

2. w/ref to sarcasm's point, I think women do think differently from guys . . . when I was in college, a friend w benefits went away for the summer . . . to the country . . . and when she came back she told me--in the spirit of full disclosure--that she'd slept with this older guy. She said he was an absolute jerk, but "totally cute." then after a couple of weeks she showed me a picture of the guy, and he looked like what I imagine a stereotypical truckdriver would look like. Pudgy, very unintelligent-looking . . . she wasn't bad looking at all, not a model . . . about a high 7, and very sexually charismatic. 

anyways, here's my point . . . it seems like women will find something about a guy that they like . . . and use it to cover a multitude of shortcomings.  Guys, on the other hand, usually seem to know what hand they're holding.

another thing I don't understand, but related to the Seinfeld story: heavier chicks dressed in clothes meant for skinny chicks . . . and then they get up on the bar and dance . . . but that's another thread.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 07:57:06 AM »
I can't believe you actually put how much a guy can lift on this list  :-X  ROFLMAO
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 08:18:55 AM »
I can't believe you actually put how much a guy can lift on this list  :-X  ROFLMAO

??? But of course, it's the first thing any woman asks.  :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 08:22:46 AM »
anyways, here's my point . . . it seems like women will find something about a guy that they like . . . and use it to cover a multitude of shortcomings.  Guys, on the other hand, usually seem to know what hand they're holding.

I'm not so sure about that.  What about the old cliche regarding men who fall in love with strippers or other kinds of 3H's women, only to get stripped of all their money and self-respect.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 08:30:47 AM »
??? But of course, it's the first thing any woman asks.  :)

You know you're right.  I do remember being asked that many times while a femme fatale was swooning in my presence  ::) ;D
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 09:13:10 AM »
I'm not so sure about that.  What about the old cliche regarding men who fall in love with strippers or other kinds of 3H's women, only to get stripped of all their money and self-respect.

3H women?

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 09:21:08 AM »
3H women?

Height, Hooters, & Hair. The great seductresses all have this combo.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 09:37:39 AM »
oh ok

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 11:02:56 AM »
they want the same that men want.
Z

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 01:14:30 PM »
Height, Hooters, & Hair. The great seductresses all have this combo.
The same can be said for women who fall for the tall, dark & handsome type guy.  ::)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »
The same can be said for women who fall for the tall, dark & handsome type guy.  ::)

I don't think you went far up enough in the thread.  I was commenting on AG's post wherein he said that women make allowances for male shortcomings, whereas men seem more down to earth about women. I then brought up the cliche of men falling for 3H women and losing all their dignity...

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 01:28:25 PM »
I don't think you went far up enough in the thread.  I was commenting on AG's post wherein he said that women make allowances for male shortcomings, whereas men seem more down to earth about women. I then brought up the cliche of men falling for 3H women and losing all their dignity...
Oh...I see.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 01:28:44 PM »

Newsflash - Most men don't have much dignity to begin with.  That's why those who do stand out from the crowd.  ;)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 01:34:23 PM »

That's not true Sarcasm.  And you know it.  >:(

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 01:38:58 PM »
Newsflash - Most men don't have much dignity to begin with.  That's why those who do stand out from the crowd.  ;)

Well, I wouldn't say MOST men, but those who have it do stand out from the crowd.  :)  

(Am I allowed to call you sugar lips down here, lol?)

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 01:48:06 PM »
Well, I wouldn't say MOST men, but those who have it do stand out from the crowd.  :)   

(Am I allowed to call you sugar lips down here, lol?)

no you aren't.  Butt you could call me that!   :-*

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 01:51:35 PM »
Migs...your avatar pains me.  lol