Author Topic: Betil Fox DVD - benching!  (Read 6694 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Betil Fox DVD - benching!
« on: September 10, 2006, 07:39:25 AM »
Reading a review on a DVD about betil and it says he did the following for a chest workout. Some very impressive numbers, especially as it says he had minimal rest between all sets. Hes also said to have worked chest earlier that morning and had no gloves either, which he always wore for benching. If this is true then he was every bit as strong as any pro today, and probably stronger than most!
135 - 10 reps
225 - 10 reps
295 - 10 reps
365 - 10 reps
435 - 9 reps

Followed by a drop set....

495 - 1 reps
435 - 1 reps
365 - 2 reps
295 - 6 reps

Then followed by 295 for 10 almost straight away
Scouser on Tour

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Bertil Fox DVD - benching!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 07:43:45 AM »
wrong, he did 505 for the single, then he did 435 for 2, 365 for 4, 295 for 2 and 225 for 5 followed by a set with 365 for 8.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 07:45:21 AM »
incline curling 90lb dumbbells simultaneously - this is fucking insane!

God awful form but how much is he curling here???

&mode=related&search=

Benching Monster!!!

Scouser on Tour

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 07:48:08 AM »
I hate watching most pros work out. The only one I really liked was Dorian on the bench because it at least looked like he had decent form. I know it works for them and they are all bigger than I am, however, if I saw a guy lift like most pros in the gym without their size, I really wouldn't think they were doing it correctly.  :-\

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 07:50:46 AM »
I hate watching most pros work out. The only one I really liked was Dorian on the bench because it at least looked like he had decent form. I know it works for them and they are all bigger than I am, however, if I saw a guy lift like most pros in the gym without their size, I really wouldn't think they were doing it correctly.  :-\
i guess that's because you're such a big, strong master of the weight room, right "dorkeroo"? ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 07:51:52 AM »
i guess that's because you're such a big, strong master of the weight room, right "dorkeroo"? ::)

Yeah I guess so. I mean we can't all be admiring people who slap little men around like me or sucking off other guys like the True Adonis right ?  :-*

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 08:00:03 AM »
He was a sore loser, had a lousy attitude and was a racist who become a murderer.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 08:05:37 AM »
He was a sore loser, had a lousy attitude and was a racist who become a murderer.

Tell that to retaf ruo! Crazy ass pecs and arms!

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 11:28:08 AM »
I thought that Betil's form on the bench press was pretty good. He is hands down stronger than most of the pro's today, and thta's not even taking bodyweight into consideration.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 01:00:50 PM »

OH..PLEASE!!!...KING IF BAD FORM IN EVERYTHING...RIGHT DOWN TO TEARING MUSCLES
C

ronrico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 01:52:31 PM »
Which muscle did Betil tear?

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 02:00:24 PM »
OH..PLEASE!!!...KING IF BAD FORM IN EVERYTHING...RIGHT DOWN TO TEARING MUSCLES

On Blood and Guts he looked pretty strict in his benching is all I was saying man. Take a valium, or hit caps lock  :o

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 02:45:55 PM »
Which muscle did Betil tear?

Two mouthy whores. Crazy ass pecs. Teh judges at St Kitts sucks penises.

Beef it Betil was a monster in his time, and density personified.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

ronrico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Betil Fox DVD - benching!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »
Well put, couldn't agree more.

ronrico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 08:35:51 PM »
How do you know about his form? From one or two videos you may have seen. Because you sell them,that doesn't mean you know the first thing about the day in and day training year after year. How did you or Gmv get the rights to those videos?

ronrico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 08:38:56 PM »
Betil had a word or two for people on the fringe,not involved but making noise. They were wankers or crawlers.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2006, 11:34:15 PM »
bertil fox was one of those pros who had a narrow structure...he looked like shit to me..too narrow,no delts,no back and no verall width..he guys like haney and mike quinn were were wider than him..fox in my opinion had big ass arms though but overall fox was just a bitch...he was not big enough
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

FreshMintBlue

• Getbig III
  • Me and your Maaaaaaaa
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 01:30:53 AM »
Did he not write an open letter to Flex one time?
Who gives a shit

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 02:05:30 AM »
How do you know about his form? From one or two videos you may have seen. Because you sell them,that doesn't mean you know the first thing about the day in and day training year after year. How did you or Gmv get the rights to those videos?
Naturally a pro will use his heaviest weight and best form when doing a video so he can give the impression that he always works out that finely.
T

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 05:10:54 AM »
Brutal Bertil is one of my favourites, ever. After the Myth ofcourse!
Peace
D

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 08:01:58 AM »
i actually though that Bertil's form was pretty good considering the weight, at least he did full reps on his pressing movements.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006, 08:19:19 AM »
Yeah, his pressing movements were pretty well perfect.  Full range of motion and all the way to the bottom so what more can you want?

His form was bad, but not in moreso in terms of cadence/timing (dumbbell presses), range of motion (what the hell were those dumbbell curls he was doing?  lol), and quitting before hitting failure.  As strong as he was, I always felt he could have done more reps if he wanted to.  It seemd that he would quit at the slightest sign of a struggle.  If anything, that speaks for his sheer physical strength but just not so much for his mental efforts.  No matter how you cut it, he's better than 95% of bodybuilders I've seen train, bad form or not.
yeah, he did do half squats and i don't know what he was doing on the one arm preachers over the incline bench WTF?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 08:27:02 AM »
LOLOLOL.  Can anyone explain that one?

onlyme - speak on this.
it's also interesting how on his big barbell lifts he uses 35lb. plates after the first two 45's, i wonder what that was about.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 08:27:18 AM »
from what ive learned about Bertil, he always used the heaviest weights possible especially for benching. Keith is the only person i can think of that can verify anything to do with bertil in the gym, as usual his input is always wanted and respected. Now ive read many times Keith remarking that bertil could man handle 4-500lbs better than almost anyone, but ive never heard anything about his ability to squat or deadlift. I assume he was very strong at these also judging by the overall size he had.
Scouser on Tour

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 08:38:08 AM »
from what ive learned about Bertil, he always used the heaviest weights possible especially for benching. Keith is the only person i can think of that can verify anything to do with bertil in the gym, as usual his input is always wanted and respected. Now ive read many times Keith remarking that bertil could man handle 4-500lbs better than almost anyone, but ive never heard anything about his ability to squat or deadlift. I assume he was very strong at these also judging by the overall size he had.
he half squatted 505 for 10 with a close stance on the video and didn't do any deadlifts but he barbell rowed around 270 all the way bent over and standing on a block for 10.
Jaejonna rows 125!!