Author Topic: For the people who told me the Supra will never be re realesed  (Read 7229 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: For the people who told me the Supra will never be re realesed
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 03:57:54 PM »
stock 911 turbo will beat a stock dodge viper even in a drag race. transmission is much better.

body88

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 04:00:52 PM »
I'm going to have to test drive one of those evos . . . I drove a 2006 911 Turbo that belongs to someone at work (after I kicked his ass playing golf, he wanted to be my buddy) . . . thing is a dream. It had the tiptronic transmission that I don't normally like, but on this car it was perfect . . .

If you are bored one day get one on the road. You cannot get the fq in america. They are insanley fast. Check out this one tear up a gollardo on top gear. keep in mind this car is 40 grand. You can get the 300 horse mr in America.2008 prmoises an all new one with even more power. Then later the 400 horse version will hit our shores. The current mr pulls o - 60 in 4.3 . Drop about 2 grand on a buscher stage 2 package and you can make close to 400 ponies for 38 grand. Would kill that 911 on a track... No joke.

body88

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 04:05:40 PM »
stock 911 turbo will beat a stock dodge viper even in a drag race. transmission is much better.

It may. I think it would depend on the driver. The rt10 is a monster off the line! Cant handle for a damn tho!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 04:14:34 PM »
hahaha . . . any real driver would take a 911 over that any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Algebra, a ZO6 vette handles just about as well as any car in the world.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 04:16:12 PM »
Haha look at all those cars. Slow as dirt on a track. Handle like shit.

Those rice burners are sterile. No personality. They won't be worth shit in the years to come. The old muscle cars appreciate in value every day.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2006, 04:20:25 PM »

I've driven that vette, and while it is a substantial improvement over the older vettes, it still can't beat  a lot of European (and Japanese?) cars when it comes to handling . . . but, for its sticker price, I'll say it's probably the best buy when it comes to sportscars. decent handling, very good power, reasonable price . . . if you didn't inherit wealth, it's the way to go.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2006, 04:37:55 PM »
Those rice burners are sterile. No personality. They won't be worth shit in the years to come. The old muscle cars appreciate in value every day.
Well I'll be goddamned... We better stop agreeing like this ;)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2006, 04:38:04 PM »
japanese 'ricer' cars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>american 'muscle' cars

they are better at handling, gas mileage, everyday practicality, often straight line speed, reliability, durability, and longevity. and you typically get all the performance for half the price. have fun with your mustang hahahaha

body88

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 04:58:12 PM »

The zo6 and the gt are the only two. The gt is eons above the vette. but the zo6 can hang with alot of the euros.

body88

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 05:00:16 PM »

You are correct. But I stated numorous times that I was talking about performance. For a soul and to look cool cruising nothing can compete with alot of the old muscle cars. My fav being the cobra.

As for a soul in jap cars. You are right alot lack soul. but strap yourself into an evo mr. You may be surposed the soul it has. same with the old z's and supras. Nsx also.

And as for the euros. Cant get much more soul and personality than those cars have.

I just cant get over the kids who buy mustang gts and think they are fast. Slow and clumsy as all hell. Waste of money if you ask me 8)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 06:12:42 PM »
fun with your mustang hahahaha
I will and do ;D

body88

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 06:35:16 PM »

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2006, 07:16:38 PM »
I think i was one of those people. 

The day you can buy a supra at a dealership I will test drive one as my punishment  :P

body88

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2006, 08:28:44 PM »
I think i was one of those people. 

The day you can buy a supra at a dealership I will test drive one as my punishment  :P

If that thing has a v8 in it I will buy one. The titan has a great v8 in it. The new supra should be one hell of a ride.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2006, 08:58:13 PM »
my 2001 mustang gt has out ran many porshes, lambos and Ferrari's and countless supras and evos on scca road tracks but it is very verrryyy far from stock.i probably have 6-8 thousand dollars invested in just suspension and another $15000 invested in the engine transmission and rear axle and i drive it every day

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2006, 10:42:31 PM »
I'm going to have to test drive one of those evos . . . I drove a 2006 911 Turbo that belongs to someone at work (after I kicked his ass playing golf, he wanted to be my buddy) . . . thing is a dream. It had the tiptronic transmission that I don't normally like, but on this car it was perfect . . .

beautiful car

my dream car

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 05:16:48 AM »
Friend of mine races her Porsche.  She's a total thrill-seeker. Races Ducati bikes too. 

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2006, 05:51:57 AM »
The zo6 and the gt are the only two. The gt is eons above the vette.

And at about 4 times the price.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2006, 05:53:22 AM »
japanese 'ricer' cars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>american 'muscle' cars

they are better at handling, gas mileage, everyday practicality, often straight line speed, reliability, durability, and longevity. and you typically get all the performance for half the price. have fun with your mustang hahahaha

They will never be collectible cars. Japanese cars just don't have and never will have the mystique American muscle cars have.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 05:55:12 AM »
You are correct. But I stated numorous times that I was talking about performance. For a soul and to look cool cruising nothing can compete with alot of the old muscle cars. My fav being the cobra.

Carroll Shelby. A genius. Thats a guy who could build a serious car.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2006, 05:56:01 AM »
Sorry Rice... There is no anti-venom for this bite.  You'll have to remain, CLASSLESS, UGLY and BITEN by American Muscle.

709 RWHP :o

Vipers just look too fucking cool.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2006, 05:58:33 AM »
If that thing has a v8 in it I will buy one. The titan has a great v8 in it. The new supra should be one hell of a ride.

The Titan is probably a real good truck but is ugly as hell. I think Toyota full size trucks are ugly too.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2006, 07:00:59 AM »
The zo6 and the gt are the only two. The gt is eons above the vette. but the zo6 can hang with alot of the euros.

I don't know if you're referring to the cool factor or the appearance of the GT but if you're referring to performance the GT isn't eons ahead of the Z06. In fact they're very close in performance. The performance difference between the two is slight and after you factor in the cost then any slight advantage the GT had in performance disappears. The Z06 is a supercar performer for under $70,000, it's a performance bargain of the highest order. 

Here's a quote from Car & Driver when the compared the Z06 to a Ferrari F430 and Porsche 911 Turbo.

"On paper, the Z06 Corvette is the best car here. It accelerates as quickly as the 911 Turbo through the quarter and wastes both the Porsche and Ferrari at speeds above 120 mph. How about 0 to 150 mph in 17.7 seconds? That’s up there in Ford GT territory, if not as stupid fast as a McLaren F1. The Z06 has the most grip at 1.01 g and the best braking performance. On an autobahn, it was still accelerating while the Ferrari was topped out in sixth gear at 186 mph. Around our road course, it was an easy victor, 1.7 seconds quicker than the Porsche on a near-76-second lap. It does all this for about a third of the Ferrari’s price. The Z06 is the best performance value in the world, period."

Here's another quote from a Car & Driver Z06 test "That's on par with or better than the performance of the $153,345 Ford GT (and good luck getting that price) and $180,785 Ferrari F430."

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2006, 10:14:03 AM »
I don't know if you're referring to the cool factor or the appearance of the GT but if you're referring to performance the GT isn't eons ahead of the Z06. In fact they're very close in performance. The performance difference between the two is slight and after you factor in the cost then any slight advantage the GT had in performance disappears. The Z06 is a supercar performer for under $70,000, it's a performance bargain of the highest order. 

I don't know why people don't give the Z06 vette the credit it deserves. it is a world class car in its performence. It sticks to the road like glue, has an AWESOME powerplant and is cheap.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2006, 10:41:17 AM »
I don't know why people don't give the Z06 vette the credit it deserves. it is a world class car in its performence. It sticks to the road like glue, has an AWESOME powerplant and is cheap.

I agree, I don't quite understand it either. My best guess is that it's the snob factor. People have a hard time believing a Chevrolet can outperform their European supercar or their car that costs 2 1/2 times as much as a Z06. There are only a handful of cars on the planet that can show the Z06 their taillights and those cars cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Z06 is one badass ride.