Author Topic: My broken finger  (Read 2267 times)

misanthropic_curmudgeon

• Getbig II
My broken finger
« on: September 13, 2006, 01:56:32 PM »

About 5-6 weeks ago I was doing some snatching, and when dropping the bar made the “doofus” mistake of getting caught by it: The bar bounced back up of the ground and drove into the tip of my extended big finger (the “F*** You” finger).

The second joint from the tip hurt like hell to do anything with, and there was an abrasion on the knuckle. I thought I had simply dislocated it and it would be all right in due course.  I have never broken a bone so had no frame of reference.  I took a couple of paracetamol and awoke the next day to a very sore and swollen finger. 

X-rays revealed that there was a chip taken off the knuckle, and it was duly buddy –strapped and splinted to avoid hyperextension.  No surgery was recommended dur to the recovery time from the surgery, the risk of infection, and the location and size of the bone chip.

So now I have spent the last five weeks only doing pushing and pressing exercises for the upper body, and back-squats and machines for the lower.  No cleans, jerks, snatches, front-squats, curls, deadlifting …..

Now, five or so weeks later, the finger is healing and each day is better with more mobility and reduced swelling, but it is still slightly swollen, won’t fully extend, and won’t fully curl.  I am still not putting any load on it, and am awaiting another Xray on Monday to get the all clear.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: My broken finger
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 02:04:53 PM »
I hope you utilise this time wisely by exercising your core and practise things like Jumping Jacks, rather than try lifting heavy weights and such. Remember, a man should never weigh over 150 lbs. If you feel the need to look masculine, either get a tribal tattoo around the arm or just wear a cap turned backwards. Also, be friendly and talk to everyone in the gym. Soon, you'll be the kind of guy the big, strong guys always envy - about 140 lbs soaking wet with 11" arms, complete with tribal tattoo around those 'guns' and spiked, gelled hair. You can always do a set of 1 arm reverse cable pushdowns with 12 - 15" every 10 mins or so, in between talking to your friends. Hope this helped.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 04:32:15 PM »
that's gotta hurt, ouch
X

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 02:04:25 PM »
that's gotta hurt, ouch
no doubt man!