Author Topic: help on bi's  (Read 2413 times)

KAM

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
help on bi's
« on: September 13, 2006, 08:37:09 PM »
can't seem to get my bi's to grow what do yall think about training them twice a week

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: help on bi's
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 08:53:12 PM »
personally NO! they won't grow...unless twice a week im doing very little work each session.
bodybuildersreality.com

AVBG

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »
can't seem to get my bi's to grow what do yall think about training them twice a week

what are you currently doing for your bis?

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 09:49:13 AM »
Definately not twice a week bro.  Once a week high intensity.  Make sure you can do the excercises and arent swinging the weight around. I only do three excercises thats it.  Bis are a smaller muscle so it is very easy to overwork them.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 10:00:49 AM »
i hit them twice a week...but only for 5 sets total each time...

it's done wonders.  none of this 12 set crap on bicep day.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 01:45:14 PM »
once a week mainly....right after my back workout, maybe 2-3 sets of preacher curls and that it's. It mostly comes down to genetics though.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 02:00:04 PM »
hit em hard and fast you need to hit inner and outer head close grip ezbar for outer head then straight bar for inner. one warm up 15 reps then balls out..good luck..
p

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 07:30:48 AM »
on a side note...

i believe in working your arms individually to prevent one arm from overpowering another which apparenlty happens to everyone be it you're right or left handed.

Working on a preacher bench and doing isolating movements will help alot as well. I would advise the age old training method of doing bi's the same day as your back...the same with triceps on chest days...

if you hit your back first and then your bi's they're already fatigued from teh back work...preventing you from putting maximum effort into them. 

might be something to consider

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 04:34:01 PM »
try doing  a couple sets of 40 reps.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 04:51:21 PM »

bad move... train your BIs with no more than 6-8 working sets of 8-10 reps once every 5-6 days... they are very small muscles and they do not require a rediculous amount of sets and reps.... just be sure you use perfect form and be as intense as possible

andre90

• Getbig II
  • We Gone Make IT.
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 05:00:54 PM »
hmmm i think its alll about ur genetics 2...some people can train them 2 times a week and feel fine to some thats over training ....idk try it once tho see if it works goood luck man.andre.
cutting for mr.getbig 2.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 05:08:13 PM »
try doing  a couple sets of 40 reps.

....silly...

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 01:39:31 AM »
Have to check your ego at the door and not go for heavy weights that are not in good form. I used to move serious weight, but my form was way off, and my bis did not grow a 1/4 of an inch. I started to drop the weight control the movement and boost up my intensity and they started to grow. The best exercise that I found the best burn from was to run the rack dumbell curls. By the time you get to that last weight your arms are on fire.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 01:43:37 AM »
Have to check your ego at the door and not go for heavy weights that are not in good form. I used to move serious weight, but my form was way off, and my bis did not grow a 1/4 of an inch. I started to drop the weight control the movement and boost up my intensity and they started to grow. The best exercise that I found the best burn from was to run the rack dumbell curls. By the time you get to that last weight your arms are on fire.

i can echo this post... i think dozens of us can

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 05:58:43 PM »
bad move... train your BIs with no more than 6-8 working sets of 8-10 reps once every 5-6 days... they are very small muscles and they do not require a rediculous amount of sets and reps.... just be sure you use perfect form and be as intense as possible

I think lee would beg to differ. The man with the greatest arms in history uses tons and tons of high intensity high volume sets.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 03:04:22 AM »
Combination of high and low reps,
different types of grip.

You can claim that your biceps don't grow, but you ain't telling much.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 05:33:19 AM »
i hit them twice a week...but only for 5 sets total each time...

it's done wonders.  none of this 12 set crap on bicep day.

Yeah, I do 4-5 sets total for bis. Don't feel they need lots of work to grow, so I save time for tris, which are what I'm trying to bring up.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 09:41:43 AM »
I think lee would beg to differ. The man with the greatest arms in history uses tons and tons of high intensity high volume sets.

lee's a genetic freak and nothing againts him for it but he's also roiding so I'm sure that helps with his recovery.  For the average guy doing what lee does would burn you out pretty quick.  Most guys can't train like the pros do.

once a week.

done on a seperate day than you do your back work.

heavy weight, trying to constantly add weight and or reps each workout.

good form.

nasser=piece of shit

stealth_swimmer

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 12:19:23 PM »
For me, the best biceps gains came from moderate reps. I go down the rack just like somebody else posted. I only do three sets per exercise though and I do three exercises. In the 6-12 rep range is what worked best for me. Usually though it was around 10 reps.