Poll

Who won tonight's debate in your opinion?

Rick Perry
Mitt Romney
Michelle Bachmann
Ron Paul
Jon Huntsman
Rick Santorum
Newt Gingrich
Herman Cain

Author Topic: POLL: Who do you think won tonight's debate?  (Read 10181 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: POLL: Who do you think won tonight's debate?
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2011, 07:11:56 AM »
Calm down gramps:

you don't put your finger in the face of ANYONE like that.  Much less a 70 year old man who is the only completely honest person onstage.

His brashness and entitlement - the belief it's okay to do things like that - and the uncontrollable anger behind it - OH, that will come out in the debates.   Soccer moms see that, and they don't like that.  Neither will RPaul supporters, and there are many of them.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2011, 07:14:55 AM »
you aren't separating morality from political strategy.

Evil liar, yes.   Politically effective?  Also yes.

Yeah ok - he couldnt even sell his own party on his last budget, cant sell the public on anything he has done or id dong, etc. 

I posted the clips of his lies from 2008, debate to debate, glad you think that is perfectly fine. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2011, 07:15:28 AM »
Yeah ok - he couldnt even sell his own party on his last budget, cant sell the public on anything he has done or id dong, etc. 

I posted the clips of his lies from 2008, debate to debate, glad you think that is perfectly fine. 

I called it morally evil.  Do you want me to elaborate further past that?  LMAO

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2011, 07:20:12 AM »
he had NO record in 2007, and he managed to wipe the floor with better and more experienced candidates.

His record today?  Depends who you ask.  He killed bin laden.  He chased out kadaffi.  he declared wins in afghanist and iraq.  He inherited a mess and kept this boat afloat.  nobody has taken over the world.  he hasn't touched gun rights.  things are, essentially, what we had under dubya, but the world hates us less.

is all this true?  of course not.  But he can sell it - the dude is a helluva salesman if nothing else. 

The problem is that every economic indicator shows he did not keep "this boat afloat". You seem to think that he will be able to dodge all the comments he made in the past 3 years regarding how the stim bill was going to keep UE under 8% and how health reform was so great. Yet over a thousand corporations have obtained waivers from it and it hasn't even taken full effect.

Right now the main concern on people's minds is economic stability. Obama has not provided that and the GOP candidate will fry him on that issue. He won't be able to keep blaming Bush during the election campaign. That will be just another talking point that the GOP will use against him. Any one of those candidates will wipe the floor with him. You give too much credit to Obama's "salesman's" ability for winning in 2008. Seems like you are not taking into account the economic realities of that time and how most people were blaming only the GOP for those economic woes.  Guess what? The shoe is on the other foot.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2011, 07:27:20 AM »
see, I think Bush could have done BETTER against obama than mccain did.

WHY?

Because he would have defended and justified his actions.  mccain was scared to do so, or be called McSame.

Obama will have the ability to lie, spin, and explain his policies, which mccain COULD NOT do with the Bush policies.  See what i mean?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2011, 07:29:06 AM »

WHY?

Because he would have defended and justified his actions.  mccain was scared to do so, or be called McSame.

Obama will have the ability to lie, spin, and explain his policies, which mccain COULD NOT do with the Bush policies.  See what i mean?

Dear God are royally fucked up.    Try this - turn off MSNBC, and start reading WSJ, RCP, BI, etc.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2011, 07:35:18 AM »
Dear God are royally fucked up.    Try this - turn off MSNBC, and start reading WSJ, RCP, BI, etc.   

stop attacking me and address my point...

obama was able to punch bush all day  -  Bush was not there to defend himself.  Mccain didnt defend bush policy.  So obama went unchallenged.  Agreed?

This time, you'll have obama arging back on every single point, reminding us of his few success.

God, you are so emotionally involved here that you can't even accept a simple fact like this.  Seriously man, relax, it's just an election and most things don't change anyway. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2011, 07:39:27 AM »
stop attacking me and address my point...

obama was able to punch bush all day  -  Bush was not there to defend himself.  Mccain didnt defend bush policy.  So obama went unchallenged.  Agreed?

This time, you'll have obama arging back on every single point, reminding us of his few success.

God, you are so emotionally involved here that you can't even accept a simple fact like this.  Seriously man, relax, it's just an election and most things don't change anyway. 

Wrong - all Obama has is still blaming Bush since EVERY single measure of the economy is worse than when he was elected.   

by doing that - all it highlights is how pathetic, weak, incompetent , and disastrous his record is. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2011, 07:41:15 AM »

WHY?

240. Come on now. I know you really don't believe what you just posted.

The economy was declining and the media was so anti-Bush that his explanations would have fallen on deaf ears. The Dems campaigned on a vote for McCain would be a vote for a third Bush term.

Obama was elected because of Bush. Hate to borrow from Trump, but he is right when he says that because of Bush we ended up with Obama.

Rob, it is still 2011. We are only 3 years removed from Obama's election in 2008. Try rewriting history with your great grandchildren.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »
Clearly the graph in this thread is wrong. All the bars should be eqqal becasue according to MSNBC 0 is the same as 10.  ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 07:51:35 AM »

Graph at MSNBC is still waaaay off compared to the other candidates totals. lol

Ron Paul
50.2%
(66,251 votes)

Mitt Romney
17.2%
(22,676 votes)

Rick Perry
14.3%
(18,855 votes)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 07:52:47 AM »
It's ok.  It's only a message board.  No hard feelings.   :)

None at all.  :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 07:53:44 AM »
I stick to my contention that Ron Paul is his own worst enemy when it comes to these debates.  

He crests at 10-12% because he can't focus in his approach.  Everyone knows he is great on the issues and is an oracle of truth on a lot of stuff.  But he rambles endlessly.    

If he keeps refusing to go after the far left and Obama he is going nowhere.   Its sad really.  If he simply used his abilities to go after Obama instead of attacking other repubs and rambling, he would be the front runner by far.  

Sad but true.   Is it fair?  no.  But its reality.  Ron Paul is done unless he starts changing his approach in these debates real soon.  And why didnt he bring up F&F when he had a chance!  I'm sitting there shouting - F&F moron!  Had Ron Paul attacked oobama on the F&F fiasco when he had a chance - thats all anyone would be talking about today.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2011, 08:02:22 AM »
I agree 333. I find myself watching RP and going "yeah! You tell em!" but 2 minutes later I'm shouting "STFU you said enough already!"

He is my favorite at this point, but I see it changing due to his inability to focus.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2011, 08:04:15 AM »
bush wasn't there to defend himself.  had he been there, obama would have showed much less balls, or came off like a thuggish asshole.  bush's absense helped obama.

but you don't see that

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2011, 08:09:42 AM »
For the people that really like Ron Paul, do you agree w/his foreign policy positions?  And do you know if he would leave covert ops in foreign countries or pull them out as he'd like to pull out visible troops? 

R

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2011, 08:18:14 AM »
bush wasn't there to defend himself.  had he been there, obama would have showed much less balls, or came off like a thuggish asshole.  bush's absense helped obama.

but you don't see that

Give me a break.

You are delusional. But, you don't see that.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2011, 08:24:15 AM »
For the people that really like Ron Paul, do you agree w/his foreign policy positions? And do you know if he would leave covert ops in foreign countries or pull them out as he'd like to pull out visible troops?  

I do like Ron Paul, and I do agree with this:

A PRO-AMERICA FOREIGN POLICY

As an Air Force veteran, Ron Paul believes national defense is the single most important responsibility the Constitution entrusts to the federal government.

In Congress, Ron Paul voted to authorize military force to hunt down Osama bin Laden and authored legislation to specifically target terrorist leaders and bring them to justice.

Today, however, hundreds of thousands of our fighting men and women have been stretched thin all across the globe in over 135 countries – often without a clear mission, any sense of what defines victory, or the knowledge of when they’ll be permanently reunited with their families.

Acting as the world’s policeman and nation-building weakens our country, puts our troops in harm’s way, and sends precious resources to other nations in the midst of an historic economic crisis.

Taxpayers are forced to spend billions of dollars each year to protect the borders of other countries, while Washington refuses to deal with our own border security needs.

Congress has been rendered virtually irrelevant in foreign policy decisions and regularly cedes authority to an executive branch that refuses to be held accountable for its actions.

Far from defeating the enemy, our current policies provide incentive for more to take up arms against us.

That’s why, as Commander-in-Chief, Dr. Paul will lead the fight to:

* Make securing our borders the top national security priority.

* Avoid long and expensive land wars that bankrupt our country by using constitutional means to capture or kill terrorist leaders who helped attack the U.S. and continue to plot further attacks.

* Guarantee our intelligence community’s efforts are directed toward legitimate threats and not spying on innocent Americans through unconstitutional power grabs like the Patriot Act.

* End the nation-building that is draining troop morale, increasing our debt, and sacrificing lives with no end in sight.

* Follow the Constitution by asking Congress to declare war before one is waged.

* Only send our military into conflict with a clear mission and all the tools they need to complete the job – and then bring them home.

* Ensure our veterans receive the care, benefits, and honors they have earned when they return.

* Revitalize the military for the 21st century by eliminating waste in a trillion-dollar military budget.

* Prevent the TSA from forcing Americans to either be groped or ogled just to travel on an airplane and ultimately abolish the unconstitutional agency.

* Stop taking money from the middle class and the poor to give to rich dictators through foreign aid.

As President, Ron Paul’s national defense policy will ensure that the greatest nation in human history is strong, secure, and respected.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/national-defense/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2011, 08:26:16 AM »
dario, who would have fared better against obama in the 2008 debates...

mccain or bush?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2011, 08:41:10 AM »
For the people that really like Ron Paul, do you agree w/his foreign policy positions?  And do you know if he would leave covert ops in foreign countries or pull them out as he'd like to pull out visible troops? 

Yes

and

I don't know.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 09:07:10 AM »
For the people that really like Ron Paul, do you agree w/his foreign policy positions? And do you know if he would leave covert ops in foreign countries or pull them out as he'd like to pull out visible troops? 

Depends on the need and the mission:

A PRO-AMERICA FOREIGN POLICY

* Avoid long and expensive land wars that bankrupt our country by using constitutional means to capture or kill terrorist leaders who helped attack the U.S. and continue to plot further attacks.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/national-defense/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 10:31:51 AM »
For the people that really like Ron Paul, do you agree w/his foreign policy positions?  And do you know if he would leave covert ops in foreign countries or pull them out as he'd like to pull out visible troops?  

I like him, but not his foreign policy views.  His comments about Iran were pretty alarming.  His plan to pull troops from everywhere around the world doesn't make a whole of sense.  I doubt the military community agrees with him.  He would not be a good CIC.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 02:05:38 PM »

That's my favorite part about Ron Paul!!!  

"It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world."

~ George Washington

The Original American Foreign Policy

by Ron Paul

I have written before about the critical need for Congress to reassert its authority over foreign policy, and for the American people to recognize that the Constitution makes no distinction between domestic and foreign matters. Policy is policy, and it must be made by the legislature and not the executive.

But what policy is best? How should we deal with the rest of the world in a way that best advances proper national interests, while not threatening our freedoms at home?

I believe our founding fathers had it right when they argued for peace and commerce between nations, and against entangling political and military alliances. In other words, noninterventionism.

Noninterventionism is not isolationism. Nonintervention simply means America does not interfere militarily, financially, or covertly in the internal affairs of other nations. It does not mean that we isolate ourselves; on the contrary, our founders advocated open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations.

Thomas Jefferson summed up the noninterventionist foreign policy position perfectly in his 1801 inaugural address: "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations — entangling alliances with none." Washington similarly urged that we must, "Act for ourselves and not for others," by forming an "American character wholly free of foreign attachments."

Yet how many times have we all heard these wise words without taking them to heart? How many claim to admire Jefferson and Washington, but conveniently ignore both when it comes to American foreign policy? Since so many apparently now believe Washington and Jefferson were wrong on the critical matter of foreign policy, they should at least have the intellectual honesty to admit it.

Of course we frequently hear the offensive cliché that, "times have changed," and thus we cannot follow quaint admonitions from the 1700s. The obvious question, then, is what other principles from our founding era should we discard for convenience? Should we give up the First amendment because times have changed and free speech causes too much offense in our modern society? Should we give up the Second amendment, and trust that today's government is benign and not to be feared by its citizens? How about the rest of the Bill of Rights?

It's hypocritical and childish to dismiss certain founding principles simply because a convenient rationale is needed to justify interventionist policies today. The principles enshrined in the Constitution do not change. If anything, today's more complex world cries out for the moral clarity provided by a noninterventionist foreign policy.

It is time for Americans to rethink the interventionist foreign policy that is accepted without question in Washington. It is time to understand the obvious harm that results from our being dragged time and time again into intractable and endless Middle East conflicts, whether in Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, or Palestine. It is definitely time to ask ourselves whether further American lives and tax dollars should be lost trying to remake the Middle East in our image

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »
you don't put your finger in the face of ANYONE like that.  Much less a 70 year old man who is the only completely honest person onstage.

His brashness and entitlement - the belief it's okay to do things like that - and the uncontrollable anger behind it - OH, that will come out in the debates.   Soccer moms see that, and they don't like that.  Neither will RPaul supporters, and there are many of them.
Looks really disrespectuful to me...

LOL, someone commented, "I checked Thor's prostate with this finger.. imagine, just imagine what I would do with you!"

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 03:33:44 PM »
I think Huntsman won last night even though I am a Ron Paul guy 100%.  The reason I do not think Paul won is because his lack of participation which was no fault of his own.  I mean what kind of question is "Would you feed starving children?".   I wish he wouldn't of made the "fences keeping us in" comment only because people take that at face value and not the deeper meaning.  For third I pick Cain.