Author Topic: Forced to change  (Read 2167 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Forced to change
« on: September 17, 2006, 10:56:07 AM »
Heu guys and gals, funny sort of situation, was playing rugby at the wknd (we won by the way), and i hurt my knee (guy hitting knee one way and my body going the other,yummy), anyway i played on, scored a try, ran my ass into the ground. after game had doc look at it (was dox ther) he sed id strained my medial ligament. Today its alot tighter stiffer, adn i tried body weight squat and i cant really get more than a 1/3 of the way down without feeling it.

I wanna play this sat tho dont wanna force it, question to u guys is this: i do upper/lower split and last week was upper/lower/upper, and this week i was really looking foreward to lower/upper/lower, but now thatl be a problem.

Do u guys think i should just keep doing upper/lower/upper for next coupe weeks and take it easy on lower days doing light weight DB/BB squats in the tope 1/2 range of motione just too keep my quad/thigh muscles working a bit....while also doing unilateral leg press/leg raise on leg thats ok??

OR should i change things for couple weeks and do something like monday=back tri's....Wednesday=shoulders/traps....friday=chest/bi's?

Also consider that i will be doing light jogging etc or as much as i can do (hopefully full normal rugby training sessions) on tuesday and thursday.

Help a brother out with ur advice?!

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: Forced to change
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 09:12:19 PM »
Heu guys and gals, funny sort of situation, was playing rugby at the wknd (we won by the way), and i hurt my knee (guy hitting knee one way and my body going the other,yummy), anyway i played on, scored a try, ran my ass into the ground. after game had doc look at it (was dox ther) he sed id strained my medial ligament. Today its alot tighter stiffer, adn i tried body weight squat and i cant really get more than a 1/3 of the way down without feeling it.

I wanna play this sat tho dont wanna force it, question to u guys is this: i do upper/lower split and last week was upper/lower/upper, and this week i was really looking foreward to lower/upper/lower, but now thatl be a problem.

Do u guys think i should just keep doing upper/lower/upper for next coupe weeks and take it easy on lower days doing light weight DB/BB squats in the tope 1/2 range of motione just too keep my quad/thigh muscles working a bit....while also doing unilateral leg press/leg raise on leg thats ok??

OR should i change things for couple weeks and do something like monday=back tri's....Wednesday=shoulders/traps....friday=chest/bi's?

Also consider that i will be doing light jogging etc or as much as i can do (hopefully full normal rugby training sessions) on tuesday and thursday.

Help a brother out with ur advice?!

davie

davie......i can appreciate your enthusiam to train........but are you retarded or something? seriously...if the doc said it was a strain, and you can only squat 1/3 down only.....why would you consider to continue to train on it and fuck it up.

take a week off it and re-evalute the situation.