Author Topic: I failed a spot tonight  (Read 3307 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: I failed a spot tonight
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 09:16:04 PM »
my elbows and wrists are so far gone that i cant spot anyone anymore. It sux because i get asked all the time...must seem like a snob

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 09:39:31 PM »
I was at a seminar today.  It took place in a high school gymnasium next to their weight room (which was pretty damn nice for a high school).  3:30 on a Friday afternoon and it was packed.  Skinny kid was benching with another kid "spotting"  ::) him CLEARLY NOT PAYING ATTENTION WHATSOEVER.  The kid benching literally finished out his set (of 3) with his feet up in the air and the bar perpendicular to the floor.  As dangerous as the whole situation was, it was funny as hell watching it.
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 01:21:25 AM »
I was at a seminar today.  It took place in a high school gymnasium next to their weight room (which was pretty damn nice for a high school).  3:30 on a Friday afternoon and it was packed.  Skinny kid was benching with another kid "spotting"  ::) him CLEARLY NOT PAYING ATTENTION WHATSOEVER.  The kid benching literally finished out his set (of 3) with his feet up in the air and the bar perpendicular to the floor.  As dangerous as the whole situation was, it was funny as hell watching it.

you didn't get into costume and save the day??... you are bat girl right?

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2006, 08:07:12 AM »
I've only ever failed a spot once, never let it happen again.

Spotting my friend while he benched, don't know what happened but it happened quickly. Bar slipped out of his hands and bounced on his chest. It wasn't alot of weight but he's only a little guy and thankfully all it did was knock the wind out of him.

I was paying attention but it happened so fast i'm not sure i could even have done anything but i still felt bad.

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 09:54:02 AM »
Dont sweat it, happened to me once and yes setting the pins higher helped to negate the spotter.
"Mystery Is Life"